Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So we had this storm last night....

... and it appears that I now live in a disaster area! Check it:

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040831/ap_on_re_us/tropical_weather&cid=519&ncid=716

That pizza joint, in the 4th paragraph, is about 3 blocks from where I live. It was amazing last night. I saw walls of water rushing through downtown and cars on top of each other. Water was literally covering up stop signs, that's how high it was. One of my roommates and I watched the firemen put in pontoon rafts (you know, like the SEALs have) in the middle of the street! Man, I can't wait to see some aerial photos of this.

Oh, and I still have to go to school today.

And it looks like there's another hurricane coming your way...

"It's not cheating if you win."

- A VERY wise person.

Comment

I know, riiiiiiight. Hooray nature.

I swear, since I came back to school in Richmond, we've had a hurricane, a tornado the day after said hurricane, a massive fire, an earthquake, last night's storm (which included torandos) and now another hurricane? Is the cycle starting over?

Comment

Wow - sounds like you need to build a giant weather-proof bubble around Richmond!

You know what are neat? Sheep. Because they're wooly, and if you pick them up, they scream!
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

The only thing we missed is a blizzard. C'mon blizzard!

(and yes, I could go back and edit my post so it says 'tornados' instead of 'torandos' but really. Torandos is funny. Just say it.)

Comment

i laugh in the face of a hurricane
            ......being from NW Florida we usually we one a year....

deleteyouself were you around for Andrew or Opal?

i love a good storm it makes me sleep good.....but falling tree suck

'yes here is your logo' - zartan
            'um dont like it can you add a swoosh?' - zartan
            'No I am the designer bitch now pay your bill!' - zartan
            - client leaves -

Comment

Oh man Richmond is in BIG trouble.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

I just found out that 3 of my classmates had to be evacuated from their buildings last night. The worst part: they went back to their apts today and all the cars that were in the parking lot are gone. At this point they don't know where they are. Man, pancaked up.

Comment

Dam talk about disaster. Thats serious man, what a crazy experience.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

You should build an arc, but fill it up with woman of varying cupsizes. The animals will still be marching two by two.

Match in the gas tank, boom boom.
                    • match in the gas tank, boom boom •

Comment

ˇTenga cuidado! Los 'Torandos'!!!

It's the end of the World...

Es el fin del Mundo!

BB~:0)

Comment

Eraser Nubbin said...
                        You should build an arc, but fill it up with woman of varying cupsizes. The animals will still be marching two by two.
                        I like the way you think [img]/emoticons/thumbsup.gif[/img]

digitalcamwhore
                        ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Yeah, I was here for Andrew. I live in Broward County (where Ft. Lauderdale is), and the storm was projected to come right for us. We boarded up and everything, but at the last minute Andrew turned south and hit Dade County (Miami). The damage for us wasn't bad at all, but many parts of Miami, namely Homestead and Kendall got creamed.

Hurricane Frances is scaring the crap out of me right now. I'm checkint the updates constantly. It's up to a category 4 with open water ahead of it, assuming it doesn't turn south and get slowed down by Cuba.

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

Delete

we are dead... just give us last rites... it's over.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'

'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'
                            "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

why is this in the resources section??? go go super mod powers gooooooooo!!!

digitalcamwhore
                              ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X