Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• murofwoh
    Reply to How to imitate this crackle design/texture for a T-shirt?
    murofwoh
    yes i think the basketball texture idea would be a stretch...
    Today, 09:29 PM
  • 6thSense
    Reply to How to imitate this crackle design/texture for a T-shirt?
    6thSense
    As you stated the first effect was really simple using the pathfinder. Re the brush/distressed look, that portion is still a little vague and has proven to be a tad more difficult than anticipated. You...
    Today, 08:37 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Education Choices/Backgrounds
    seamas
    Same here, except I studied fine art/painting. The theory and history learned during the course of the degree had some overlap with GD.
    I only took some software and computing classes (over the...
    Today, 08:23 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to LOGO icon opinion
    seamas
    It does look like a bull head.

I would take some time to check out different bull horns.

Different breeds have some interesting shapes.
    Today, 08:08 PM
  • sfys
    Reply to school project one pager
    sfys
    @skribe that strange I viewed my webiste on my macbook and a Imac and windows laptop and on safari chrome and firefox the website showed fine except on IE!!

@kermingmatters I know I...
    Today, 08:08 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas Shrugged

Anyone read this book? I just finished it last night. I'd be delighted to hear what you guys think of it.
    Personally, I liked it, but thought it could use some tightening up here and there.

-Jason

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Who is John Galt?

I read it about 12 years ago and remember liking the book but thinking it was long winded.

"Oooh Benson; you are so mercifully free from the ravages of intelligence."
    I could give you a dose
    but it would never come close
    to the rage built up inside of me
    fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy

Comment

I agree with you. The characters would give 5 page answers to questions. When Galt spoke on the Radio, it was something like 20 pages long!! If he thought people were too stupid to know the cause of their perils, why would he go on a 3 hour long, deeply philosophical, rant about it? I guess an abridged version, however heinous those are perceived to be, would come in handy.

There's supposed to be a movie in the works. I think that could be a mistake.

-Jason

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

Never read it, but someone offers a huge scholarship every year to someone who writes a good essay on it.
        Try googling it next time...

Comment

Probably the Ayn Rand Institute, JB. The book is an intorduction to some Philosophical system she invented called Objectivism that basically says that a person's worth is measured by how well they do what they do. The oath that the characters take sums it up: 'I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.'

Anyway, there's apparantly a lot more than just a book now. There's a whole society of sheeple who think like her.

-JF

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X