Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    Buda
    It's a good start. I like the middle one how it has highlights in the text, but I think the drop shapes are way too big. Have you considered working with candy stripes?
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to How to do this?
    Buda
    Yes.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

Personally, I would do this in Photoshop so that I had more control of the final colour. Photographing colours can result in differences...
    Today, 12:22 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hello from Nordic
    Buda
    Hi Mikko and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 12:20 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zazzle, CafePress, Etsy, OH MY!
    Buda
    I've never used Zazzle or CafePress, but I've bought a few things on Etsy.

If your CafePress store is doing well, why not sell your Zazzle items on CafePress and see how you go? It might...
    Today, 12:17 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Save Your Work! Poster - critique needed
    Buda
    I think simple is important. A texture will help and maybe thickening up the font?
    Today, 12:13 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day Friday Post!

All you, Horse loving, Trash talkin, Bedroom golf playing, Boxers, briefs, thong or natural wearing, First car getting, What really hit the pentagon wondering, Jealous of Defjoe, Evacuating Florida, Humping on hump day, Arriving from Denver, Cartoon watching, Domain selling, Robbed by the Refs, New mouse wanting, 'I am not God' proclaiming, Web design hating, Graphic Designers!!!

Have a great long weekend!!! [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img] [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img]

Hey everybody! Sorry I'm late today. I took the day off from work and slept in. In honor of all our members who are about to get hit with a second hurricane in three weeks today, lets hear everybody's 'Big Storm' stories. .[img]/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Update on the remodel job: Working on a cabinet for an aquarium.

A bunch of random stuff this week. First Magnus's portfolio recipe:
    Magnus said...
    F**K me!!!

I forgot I had a sure fire way to make a kick-ass portfolio.

Take piece of paper, and fold it in half. In the folded section, place some cookie doah, a crayon, and some chopped celery. Place that mixture in a toaster for about 3 minutes, and bob's your uncle.

Hope that helps!
    More than we really want to know about BB & PD's underwear choices:
    BuckarooB said...
    Boxers, Briefs, Thong or natural?

Some undies have names we don't even know about - I'm referring to those of us who are more innocent than some others...

I wear burlap cling boxers under my monk's robes - it's a spiritual discipline of the flesh sort of thing.
    PrintDriver said...
    no baggy bunchy boxers or tighty whities.

like Mag, boxer-briefs or not, depending on state of laundry.

Why is it that it's when you're stuck in traffic that you notice you are wearin em tho? Hmm?
    Magnus about Benjo:
    Magnus said...
    No, it's true. I watched him try to steal D-zine's virginity once...thank god she wasn't a virgin!
    And a funny one from BP:
    bIG pERM said...
    also never confuse cocky and confident.... I am confident but I dont consider myself cocky although I suck at life and I am a dick

'You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.' H. J. Simpson

HAPPY FRIDAY and Labor Day weekend everyone!

Great QOTW Kool! I can't even choose a favorite!

Yes good luck to everyone riding out the storm and to those traveling on the interstate as well. Unless there is a big shift, it looks like the most Savannah will get is some very very heavy rains. We are a flooding town so flooding is highly likely here this weekend. Thank GOD my house is built off the ground! My hometown where my dad is looks to be in for some extremely nasty weather, but as of now they are staying put.

I have no major plans this weekend bc weather will suck monkey from now thoughout next week. Allthough Joe and Pam are on their way to Savannah so I will get to meet both of them - YAY P I heard on the weather channel this morning that it took the camera man 10+ hours to get from Orlando to Jacksonville...that is a normal 3 hours drive at most on any normal day!! I am afraid that our Joe is in for a LONG...long day of traveling. I am excited to get to meet him and Pam tho...YAY! My first GDF meet up EVER - COOL!

Anyways...for those of you in the path of Frances, you are in my thoughts and everyone elses as well I am sure. I hope everyone makes the best of the weekend and has a good time! Happy Friday!

Oh and Ryan - enjoy the new ride!! ;o)

[img]/emoticons/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Boobie Island or Bust!
    I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Happy Friday all!! I have to go get my books for school. funNn! and relax. heh.

Comment

Hooray!!! It's Friday!!!

This week flew by for me. I'm waiting to hear back about my interview - the person I met with told me that the choice was between me and one other person... I wasn't nervous before, but now the waiting is killing me!!!

Great quotes, Kool! I'd like to see some pics of how your aquarium cabinet comes out. My bf and I built one recently forthe 30 gallon aqarium containing our 3 baby koi. That was an adventure!

Welcome to all the new members!

Hope you enjoyed PS world, defjoe, have fun meeting DZ!

Enjoy your weekend, everybody. Stay safe if you're travelling or in the path of any scary natural phenomenon.

Cheers!

You know what are neat? Sheep. Because they're wooly, and if you pick them up, they scream!
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Happy friday everyone!

Great post Kool. Oh when did Magnus say that about me? Dam I can't even keep up with conversations on the GDF.

Hope everyone in Florida is prepared. Good luck and may God be with you all.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

Found it!!!

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Comment

HAPPY FRIDAY

- Everyday, all the time, without fail!

and now for the Advertisement...In Blantant Disregard of the Header....

Check out The best Graphic Design Forum Ever
              Come to Booby Island!
              Tapp-d
              "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

hehe, nice friday post Kool, have a great weekend everyone, stay safe!!

digitalcamwhore
                ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Oh, great.
                  I knew that post would cause me grief...
                  LOL!
                  Happy Frieday (not a typo. This week has SUCKED! And it just went completely to hell 10 minutes ago.)

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

Yay Friday!!!

Like my new avatar? I had the other head removed... doc bills are thru the roof...
                    --
                    When I buy stickers for folks in prison, I bring milk not backyard meth - it's a prison party!

Comment

CowgirlExpressions said...
                      Yay Friday!!!

Like my new avatar? I had the other head removed... doc bills are thru the roof...
                      LMAO!

Comment

friday, everyone thats important is off today, so its true dick around day, i wish this day would just go faster tho.... OH and I'm screwed for cash this weekend too! I'm pissed, Poor, and ...well it is a long weekend I guess theres something to be happy about.... 1.5hrs left to go

- Everyday, all the time, without fail!

and now for the Advertisement...In Blantant Disregard of the Header....

Check out The best Graphic Design Forum Ever
                        Come to Booby Island!
                        Tapp-d
                        "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

friday is here...have fun all!

Comment

Friday is finally here! Only 45 mins to go and I'm free! This week has been crazy. Regular work is starting to pick up and my freelance work took a good turn this week. I don't usually have too many jobs outside of my full time job but I had three that just got brought to me! Extra cash is always good. That Imac G5 looks awful tasty!! I have to pay for that new cable internet too, somehow!?

This weekend is going to be a relaxing one. Sunday I am off to Saratoga to lose some cash on the horses or Maybe I'll stick it rich and it'll be Imacs for everyone!!

Cheers and be safe Flordians!

When I die, I have a free ride to Heaven! I will have alreadydone my time in Hell...at the local printshop!!

Comment

It's a long wek-end for us Canucks!!! Whooo hoo! See ya'll tuesday!

"It's not cheating if you win."

- A VERY wise person.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X