X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a3 printers??

hi, i am interested in investing in a inkjet a3 printer.
    any recomendations?
    epson, hp!?
    any help would be much appreciated. as usual.
    thanks

i love work...
    ... i can sit and watch it all day

I've got a bit of a Epson fetish.
    I use the Epson Stylus Photo 2100, a bit slow but worth the wait, amazing quality.

Comment

I am partial to hp printers, ink is somewhat costly but the quality is fair for the price. Depends on what you will be printing to the quality of printer you will need. I think. If you are concerned with price lexmark makes a reasonable printer.

Coconut

Comment

im not concerned with price.. i want a good quality printer that prints brilliant photo quality pictures, a3 and a4...

i love work...

Comment

Brilliant photo quality pictures and Long Lasting Brilliant photo quality pictures are two different things.
          Epson prints last about 3 months on the wall unprotected with the standard ink set. Even High End HP prints are only guaranteed to last a week in the broad daylight with the standard inkset.

What you need the A3 and a4 size for?
          If it's for proofs, you'll be fine (as long as you don't use em for matching a year from now).

Long term? I'd suggest either a machine that accepts the UV stable pigmented inkset or outsourcing to someone with an HP or Epson that does. Or get Lambda (or Lightjet) prints made.

What I don't know about are the color laserjets. Maybe a better choice? Anyone?

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

thanks printdriver for your advice!! helpful as usual...ive not thought about laserjet... is the colour as good as on an inkjet!?

i love work...

Comment

I believe it is but i'm not sure. Much more expensive though.

Comment

Style, whatcha using the prints for?

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

If money isn't an issue, why not go full color laser?

Comment

printdriver... using the prints for flyers, home photos, client proofs, etc etc... major printing i obviously use commercial printers but i just wanted a better printer to use for the above stuff
                    redeye - money aint an issue up to a point if you get the drift.. willing to spend about 200-300 which is about 500 dollars.... never used laser, so wouldnt know if it is what i need, which is why i am asking your advice!!
                    do appreciate all the help here!

i love work...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X