No announcement yet.

how do you matte your work.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you matte your work.

How can you matte your work? I can't find a good site that helps me through these steps,and right now I can't afford a book for it.

Can someone PLEASE help me

D0ntdr3am 1t
    B3 it!

matte papers and laminations? or just tell the printer you need a matte finish.

i need wii friends =)
    5289 3036 7758 7104

you mean how do you mount your pieces for your portfolio?

Boobie Island or Bust!
      I blog, you blog, we all blog!

I mean..I have the frame and I want to put my photo's in. The part that surrounds the outside of the picture and gives it depth.

D0ntdr3am 1t
        B3 it!

You will need matte board and a matte cutter. two fairly expensive items, that if you do not have your work will end up looking crappy. And if you buy a cheep matte cutter your work will end up looking like pooooo!

I would just take it somewhere and have it mounted or invest ($300-500) in a matte cutting system and learn to do it well, it will take some practice!

good luck

dang that sucks. See in my high school the teacher thought us how to do it,but of course we were using the schools materials and equipment.

I still would like to learn,but for now.....I think I'll take it some where else

D0ntdr3am 1t
            B3 it!

Latest Topics

• B
              Reply to Question About Broken Links, and Still Being Able to View Them
              Just to clarify what I wrote, the low-res image actually is stored in the file -- Illustrator just doesn't display it when the file is opened in Illustrator unless the linked to image is also available....
              Today, 02:35 PM
            • PanToshi
              Reply to Looking for mentor
              Perhaps, but I would say that offered "advice'' is a tad different from a ''mentor'', especially one you want to be able to call on for repeated ''advice''. Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds...
              Today, 02:28 PM
            • BlueCrab
              Comment on Looking for mentor
              I personally know several seasoned designers that have offered advice to me and other upcoming designers. It is a thing.
              Today, 12:18 PM
            • designzombie
              Reply to Hello!
              Hi Tanner. I was in the Navy with a similar story. Graphic art was always my first love. But instead of freelancing while I was enlisted, I was working on personal fine art illustrations. I made the transition...
              Today, 12:17 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Question About Broken Links, and Still Being Able to View Them
              Illustrator is particularly stupid about its link situation. When Indesign opens it will at least give you a low rez image place saver and a prompt telling you the links are missing. With Illustrator,...
              Today, 12:08 PM

Incredible Stock
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings