X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have officially...

I have officially met my first GDF member ever...in my historyon the GDF (which spans a lil over a year now)

This was so cool. I was excited to hear that Joe and his wife were coming to Savannah to get away from Hurricane Frances! Well, not excited that they had another hurricane in their path but thought it was really cool they were coming to Savannah

So, not to ruin Joe's rep and all...LOL...but he is really laid back and a really nice guy. Actually very true to the Joe that we all know on the GDF so that was a good thing. I had a great time with him and his wife. Even tho there was horribly CRAPPY weather from Frances off and on,we did get to spend a decent amount of time together. We went to dinner a couple of times and spent Saturday afternoon looking for a nearly extinct generator for them to take back to Florida with them...We got lucky! Just to let everyone know - Joe's love for the boobs...is in fact true. Even his wife will attest to that...haha! Man I couldn't resist that (hehe).

All kidding aside, Joe and his wife are great people and so easy to talk to! Never one of those uncomfortable "dum de dum - what do I say now" kinda moments, yanno? It was great to finally have the opportunity to meet and talk with someone in person that I have been talking to on here for over a year!

I hope everyone in Florida made it..umm..or IS making it through Frances ok...she is a real BIG b!tch!!! I think that Joe and Pam are heading back in themorning so hopefully the weather won't be too bad for them. I just wanted everyone to know that - YAY...I met a GDF member.....ROFL!

Boobie Island or Bust!
    I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Sweet props to Joe and D-zine...I gotta say joe's a great guy, helped me get my first interview up here in boston. But I dont wanna make this a joe worship thread, just wanted you guys to know we have great people here.

- Everyday, all the time, without fail!

and now for the Advertisement...In Blantant Disregard of the Header....

Check out The best Graphic Design Forum Ever
    Come to Booby Island!
    Tapp-d
    "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Sweet, I wanna meet quite a few members from here....mostly for Breast Cancer checkups....but you know!

digitalcamwhore
      ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

ROFLMFAO - uh huh...yeah! ;o)

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

that's awesome. when so many people are paranoid and insular, it's nice to know that you can 'meet' someone online and have them actually be decent people, rather than the ever-expected serial killer. that's so 1990's.

right on!

:: i go out on friday night and i come home on saturday morning ::

Comment

was it the sweet GDF orgy that I can imagine????

about the whole online meeting thing
            my sister met her husband online... super great dude married for 2 years

otto veblin = Zartan

'yes here is your logo' - zartan
            'um dont like it can you add a swoosh?' - zartan
            'No I am the designer bitch now pay your bill!' - zartan
            - client leaves -

Comment

LOL..uhh...umm..no orgy..sorry BP! LOL!

About meeting someone from online - I think you have to be a pretty good judge of character and be able to read people well. You have to be careful who you meet online bc online people can be anyone they wanna be. I guess but its good to know that Joe isn't the serial killer we all thought he was ;o) [img]/emoticons/lol.gif[/img]i think I am pretty true to who I am online but I guess when he gets back he can tell ya'll if that's true or not...LOL! I am NOT a serial killer..I pomise [img]/emoticons/devil.gif[/img]

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

You know, I'm relieved to know that most of you guys are not really serial killers. If you were, we'd have to rename the forum, and everyone would have to change their bookmarks, which would really be a pain!

I have to admit, though, that I've killed a lot of cereal in my day. Mmm... raisin bran.

Tana na envinyatanye metimave metuvanye
                "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

LOL @ Morea!

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

LOL @ Morea. ummmmm breakfast.

So D-zine that really cool. You guys hung out alot? How does Joe dress does he have that Boston prep look?

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

Benjo said...
                      ...Boston prep look
                      and what exactly is That boston prep look? We bostonians dress just like all of the rest of this country...

Kidding BEnjo

I'd love to see what the boston prep look is, Maybe its how my brother styles himself, but I've always called that look Eurotrash, not Boston Prep =P

Then again there is a ton of schools here, so we are importing a lot of styles

Come to Booby Island!
                      Tapp-d

Comment

LMAO @ Benjo! haha! Umm Boston prep look? Nahh..he dresses like anyone else (he's not a celebrity..ROFL). He will get a kick outta reading this thread I am sure...LOL He does have a pretty stronge New England accent tho...haha! Then again...I guess my southern accent is pretty stronge too...heh ;o)

Benjo - you should have met up with him and his wife when you were in Orlando last summer. They're really good people.

Boobie Island or Bust!

Post Edited (D-Zine) : 9/7/2004 3:44:52 PM GMT

Comment

Knowing him for the past 16 years, the biggest laugh I have ever gotten on this thread is 'Joe = Boston Prep'

Joe will probably get a bigger laugh off that.

Joe the Preppie!

Joe, I think you need to change your signature now....

Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?!

Comment

I'll go Bostonian on all of ya's, it'll be a 'wicked' ass whoopin from 'havad yad' all the way up to 'Wosta'

Come to Booby Island!
                            Tapp-d

Comment

LOL!! Yeah - he didn't appear to be preppy at all. I don't think preps like Boobs and 80's music? haha

;o)

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X