Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• garricks
    Comment on Are you able to read the text?
    garricks
    That's exactly the method we use to prepare our slides, like a billboard.
    Today, 11:49 PM
  • wikster63
    Creating an Image for a car sticker
    wikster63
    Hello Ladies and Gents,

I've got a quandary on my hands and was hoping someone could shine some light on this for me. Attached is an image of a car, please see it for this question. My client...
    Today, 10:27 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    <b>
    Are you the designer, the printer, the merchant or all of them? A designer doesn't typically base fees on the number that will be printed. A printer, on the other hand, does do that. Even when a designer...
    Today, 10:23 PM
  • cdgc
    Retail vs Contract Pricing
    cdgc
    Looking for some input on this matter.

Many years ago we published a map for railroad enthusiasts that was 1/1 black and folded several times into 3.5" by 9". Nothing all that...
    Today, 09:28 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    Kayekaye
    Better photo, but flip it so the eye travels left to right. Having on the left side it kind of stops the eye there.

Have you not learned about line lengths? This is about 88 characters long....
    Today, 09:14 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Heck...

Well. I'm back from my cruise! It was a VERY interesting vacation.

We left Monday, Only to miss our flight b/c they let the 4 standby go right as we walked up to the gate. So Matt and i went, and the other two caught a flight to Ft. Laurderdale and got a shuttl to Miami. In turn, they almost missed the boat b/c they were in the wrong line (there were two ships leaving) but, they made it.

We get to our rooms, which were no bigger than my bathroom and ONE, yes ONE twin bed. Matt was on teh phone within 30 secodns complaining b/c he requested a certain, as did our friends. You can really tell that the crew coudl care less about who stays in the bottom decks....service was AWFUL. We complained to so much, that Wednesday, our rooms were upgraded to and level above, 3 times the size of our previous rooms, with queens beds, and a bottle of champagne. That was the day we ported into Cozumel. Matt and I went to SNUBA. It was GORGEOUS. We were connected to air hoses that went abotu 25 feet deep, so it was like shallow snorkeling with teh tanks on our back. It was amazing. The only thing i was mad abotu was b/c we arent' certified divers, we coudl take our underwater cameras.

We come back to the boat after spending all day in Cozumel, to find out that b/c of Hurrican Frances, the ship ports in Miami have closed and more than liekly wont' reopen until Saturday. We were supposed to port back Friday morning. So, all in all, b/c of the storms, we didn't end up porting back until Monday afternoon. Due to that, obviously our flight on Friday were cancellled. They had NO flights going out of Miami OR Ft. Lauderdale until today, so we had to rent a car, and drive to West Palm, to fly out of there @ 6:30. Only to get to the airport, to find that our flight has been delayed until 8:30 b/c of teh storms, and will most likely be cancelled. What else coudl happen. But, we ended up flying out lat night and got home at midnight.

All in all, it was a great vacation despite everything. It was an experience. I'm now broke though. I leave agin on Thursday to go to Michigan for my grandmothers funeral, and I dont'home til Sunday. Matt leaves for the Navy on Sunday. I'm hoping I'll see him in time.

I also have lost my balance. I still feel like I'm on the ship, b/c the lastdayof our cruise, the stabilizers were not on, and from the storms, the swells were about 10 feet high and everyoenwas getting trown around. So right now I feel like my computer screen is moving back a forth. Geez.

I missed you guys!!!!!

I wanna be like Case when I grow up!

Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.

welcome back DD, glad you had a good time....bummer on the weather though. I'd love to take a cruise one day...maybe when our wedding debts are paid for, I know what you mean about being broke after a wedding and honeymoon, but the experiences were well worth it!

Comment

Awwwwwwww! Glad you had (kind of?) a good time! Welcome back! I haven't been around much either bc of work and Frances. It feels good to be back.

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

Welcome back DD! Glad to hear that you made it back safely!

Boobie Island or Bust!
        I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Glad you had a good time DD. I'm sure that you've got all kinds of great memories from the trip. And being broke isn't so bad... you get used to it after a while! <g>

Tana na envinyatanye metimave metuvanye
          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Ha ha...we had a great time, and the captain kept us away from the storms so it was bright and sunny every day!! We must have circled the Gulf of Mexico like 20 times. But we are glad to be home.....that last day we were all starting to get bored and tired. I'm glad everyone in Fla. is safe. It looked bad up in West Palm....Miami and Ft. Lauderdale didnt' look to bad where we were. Beware though, Ivan is coming.....I woke up with tree in front of my house thisr morning, I coudln't get out. Gr!

Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.

Comment

welcome back dd, glad you were safe

- Everyday, all the time, without fail!

and now for the Advertisement...In Blantant Disregard of the Header....

Check out The best Graphic Design Forum Ever
              Come to Booby Island!
              Tapp-d
              "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

so, where are the photos?

:: i go out on friday night and i come home on saturday morning ::

Comment

Sounds like you had a Blast!. I'm going on a cruise with my wife maybe in December (hope) I expect to have as much fun as you did. CHEA!

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

Unk- We really didn't take many pictures. I was soooo pisse db/c we weren't allowed tot ake our underwater camera on our 'snuba' excursion, so I got a few pics of the ship at port in Cozumel. Other than that, we just have the professional pictures taken on the ship at dinner and stuff. But, as soon as I hook up what little i did take I will post them.

Benj- where are you going??

Comment

Just a four day carribean. I might visit Joe cause it's leaving from Tampa and I have to pick up my passes in Orlando at a resort me and my wife are getting.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Comment

Ah..you are gonna hav a great time...bring the sunscreen!!!!!!!! Oh, and if you need to know anything, like what you can and cannot bring, etc..just PM me. Be glad to help ya out.

Comment

Thanks DD.

Comment

HEY DD, glad you are back! PM me when you have a momenti need to ask you something.

allen harkleroad<a target="_blank" href="mailto:H@rklerod" target=_blank>
                            </A>"Sleeping on the job.... again"

Visit Our Magazine: www.DesignerToday.com

Get inside my head at www.DontFear.com

ZoneDeals.com BETA
                            Allen Harkleroad
                            Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

DD,
                              Glad you had a good time. My wife and I went on a 7 day w. carribbean on our honeymoon. We missed our connecting flight in Atlanta, and ended up spending our wedding night in the Atlanta Airport sitting at a table in this crappy all night cafe. Our rescheduled flight for New Orleans finally left at 6:20 the next morning and we had time for an hour nap and a shower before we went to brunch at Emeril's Delmonico (fantastic food!) and almost immediately after, we boarded the boat. We were so tired!

Even after the somewhat bumpy start, it was a total blast. Where did you go besides Cozumel? Mine went to Montego Bay, Jamaica & Grand Cayman. Absolutely beautiful!

-Jason

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X