Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    KitchWitch
    Hi Yehoshua and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:19 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    KitchWitch
    I always try and find the best solution, not the best price. So if the best solution is less expensive than another, bonus for the client. It comes back around. My mom just had a bunch of papers drawn...
    Today, 02:17 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    The mac mini with 16gb is $700 new online. The monitor I want is a 27" at $250 (already have a 24" cinema display I would use a second monitor). The smallest, 21.5" imac with 16gb is $1500...so...
    Today, 02:13 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on My First Design Assignment.
    KitchWitch
    The forum is psychotically insane, Krazy. Lots of things don't work and some just don't work well. The best way to post an image (that I've found) is to upload it to an image hosting site (I use Photobucket),...
    Today, 02:02 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    seamas
    I really don't get minimalism here. I mean you don't have much going on, but instead of a minimal approach you tried to make it interesting --and it isn't working.

Minimalism is as much about...
    Today, 02:02 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heeeeeeyyyyyyyyeeeeeee...

hopefully someone cares...i'm back! i can't believe how ridiculously long it's been since i've been here. wow. well, my big update is...

i got married!!!

no more single mom complaints, since i have been so awesomely blessed to now have a husband and finally a father for my little man. sooooo exciting. here's a picture of us on the big day (i think, if i figured out this attachment thing properly)! for those of you who remember way back when i first joined here, this is the guy who broke up me because "we needed time to work on our issues". now i hassle him about it all the time...like, hey husband, remember last year...when you BROKE UP WITH ME?!?!?!? but it's sogreat to have had that experience and have it just be a funny story now for our grandkids.

anyway, i think the whole process of wedding planning was just crazy enough to keep me too occupied to come on here and check in with you guys. we did everything ourselves (meaning i did everything myself) on a very small budget, in only 3.5 months, so it was really just nuts. guess who designed and printed the invitations, responses, program, wedding website, etc...(actually it's still up there, www.rachelandkris.com, if anyone wants to fill out our registry - JUST KIDDING!!! but i thought it came out kinda cool)?it all turned out beautifully - august 7th was one of those crazy gorgeous days, especially for philly where it is NEVER 75 and sunny in late summer! and now i'm mrs. rachel ryan. which is just entirely too weird. no more "any relation to erik?" questions.

it was an enormous pain changing my name but i'm finally done, i think, although just about every day i realize another customer service number i have to dial to change things up. but despite mourning my previous identity, i think my new name is kinda catchy. especially for a writer who will now have an alliterativebyline.

so...after a whole year of doing the freelance thing, i think i might actually be starting a new FT writing job in a week or two. which probably means that i will be looking for something to fill my time during downtimes. hello GDF!!! i believe this forum was created expressly for that purpose. i will have to practice up on my rapid-window-minimizing skills.

well, just wanted to check in with everyone and announce my return. i'm so glad to be back!

rachel

Awesome, wonderful, congrats!!! Congrats on the new gig, hopefully it works out (the job I mean) ; )

digitalcamwhore
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Congrats on getting married - what a beautiful picture!

You know, I've seen your posts in the 'archives', but I don't think we've actually met... I'm new-ish here. So welcome back, nice to meet you!

I like cheese. It is tasty.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

congrats on your big day and big change. Everything workso ut for the best...see!

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'

'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'
        "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

wow congrads, welcome back!

<SUP>www.jdcgraphics.net<SUP>- currentlyunder construction

www.standercreative.com

Comment

congrats!!!!

(pssst..does this mean that since your last name changed....I can have rachelestrada.com????) hehehe

I wanna be like Case when I grow up!

Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.

Comment

LOL @ DD!

Aweee CONGRATS Rachel!! I loved your site listed above. I think it looks great! Nice work ) I hope you 2 will be very happy together!

Boobie Island or Bust!
              I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Congradualtions!!! I'm happy for you. =) Oh and welcome back!

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

I think you may have been from before me time, but welcome back!

Also, congrats and nice site!

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

Congratumalation, and welcome back.

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
                    - Albert Einstein
                    ProudPenguin
                    P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Congratulations, welcome back, and good luck with both.

Comment

you guys look like a beautiful couple, congrats!

I couldn't help chuckle when i was reading your post. I just got married as well, July 3rd to be exact...and i know what you mean about the crazy plans in a short span of time and yes my wife and 'I' shared the reponsibilities.

but when you said....

theotherrachel said...
                        this is the guy who broke up me because 'we needed time to work on our issues'.
                        ...this rang a bell with me [img]/emoticons/blink.gif[/img]

My wife did the same thing to me and we had about 6 months of time to 'work on our issues'. I have to admit though, because there was so much happening at the time, it was a good break for both of us to realize how we truly felt about each other [img]/emoticons/wub.gif[/img] ....also because i'm SO CHARMING she came back to me....with a litttle teeth pulling [img]/emoticons/specool.gif[/img] lol! [img]/emoticons/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

congrats...and welcome back
                          great to hear you survived doin the stuff yourself.. bc im doin the same and i was getting worried.. im gettin maried in 11 weeks! yikes!!!

i love work...
                          ... i can sit and watch it all day

Comment

cool beans Rachel!

allen harkleroad<a target="_blank" href="mailto:H@rklerod" target=_blank>
                            </A>"Sleeping on the job.... again"

Visit Our Magazine: www.DesignerToday.com

Get inside my head at www.DontFear.com

ZoneDeals.com BETA
                            Allen Harkleroad
                            Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

Hey Rachel, welcome back. Congrats on your betrothel. [img]/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

'You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.' H. J. Simpson

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X