Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Comment on Spot color and Pantone??
    Cosmo
    There isn't really a clarification. It's either a spot color or it's not. If it uses a separate plate and the ink is mixed specifically to match a certain color, that's a spot color. If it's made up of...
    Today, 02:00 PM
  • Designia
    Comment on Company name help!
    Designia
    What he said!!
    Today, 01:42 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to Company name help!
    Designia
    You're going to design for customers but don't have the creativity to come up with your own business name? None of that bodes well for your customers does it?

For some reason this post made...
    Today, 01:36 PM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    PanToshi
    I have my sea legs permanently installed! Good thing too, I imbibed many signature 'tai-the-knot" cocktails onboard.
    Today, 12:57 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    kemingMatters
    you know nothing Jon Snow
    Today, 12:41 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revenge of the Friday Post

All you, Horse buying, Member meeting, Skating, Discussing the subject of subjects, Humping, Powered by the McNutt, Getting married, Illustrator hating, Windows hating, Ridiculously brilliant, Fed up, One of those days having, Trapped on a cruise ship, Navy joining, Messy office having, Scared by Ivan, Graphic Designers!!

Have a great weekend!!! [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img] [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img]

As some of you may know our little forum was attacked on Tuesday afternoon by either one or two guys with big computers and little weiners. Over a period of around 15 minutes they posted a total of 26 new threads. Most of them contained such stunning insights as; 'this forum sucks' and 'F.cuk you pu$$ies' and 'jklionsg', some of the others were really dumb. At this point Benjo descended on them like the wrath of god followed about a minute later by D-Zine looking like that chick in Kill Bill. Between them they booted both of them and eradicated all trace of their ever having been here. A few minutes later Allen got in on it and basically banned their whole area code. Then just because he/they really pissed him off he made a few editorial additions to their usernames. Check them out here: www.graphicdesignforum.com/members.aspx?mp=j Scroll down about 2/3rds of the page. their original names were NfectioN and Dynamite. Good job guys! [img]/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Update on the remodel job: Still working on a cabinet for an aquarium.

Humping quotes this week: [img]/emoticons/yeah.gif[/img] [img]/emoticons/yeah.gif[/img] [img]/emoticons/yeah.gif[/img]
    plantationfireman said...
    so what do you guys do on hump day?

just wondering. i'm currently humping on 6 illustrations. damn...
    Silence04 said...
    today i am humping 4 full page magazine ads due by tomorrow...grrr... deadlines suck, and i'm feeling uncreative today... damn its gonna be a long one today.
    gumbo20 said...
    humping a medical malpractice newsletter...yuck
    we all have those ugly humps every once in a while. Makes us appreciate the fun ones when we get em.
    DeleteYourself said...
    Humping everything and anything Sales throws at me. Ugh.
    Silence04 said...
    <--wishes they were humping one the receptionists right now...

'You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.' H. J. Simpson

one of those pancakes left his real email address...

good stuff Kool this post always makes me laugh

I missed the hump day post...damn it

otto veblin = Zartan

'yes here is your logo' - zartan
    'um dont like it can you add a swoosh?' - zartan
    'No I am the designer bitch now pay your bill!' - zartan
    - client leaves -

Comment

Great Friday post Kool ) I espiecally like the 'powered by the McNutt' part! Wooo hooo I gave power! GO ME!
      Can't wait to see pics of the finished office!

The humping quotes are hilarious! Just goes to show what a fun loving bunch we are! And horny too ;o) LOL!
      Wait...horny? Me? Noo..never ;o)

Who knows whats in store for this weekend. More than likely - rain - but I hope not bc if my grass gets any taller they will call in the Safari Crew in to hunt for me!! I need no rain so I can get out there tomorrow morning and take care of the yard! Goin to a lil shindig for a friend tonight and then downtown afterwards for some fun. And its ABOUT TIME! )

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Boobie Island or Bust!
      I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

happy friday all...it's good to know that you mods are on those situations....who needs it

Comment

hey everyone... just wanted to stop in and wish you all a happy weekend. hope everyone's doing good.
          been very busy (and fairly stressed) lately, havent been able to hang out in here much.

Soon they'll be breeding us like cattle! You've got to warn everyone and tell them! Soylent green is made of people! You've got to tell them! Soylent green is people!

Comment

last weekend we spent 5 looooooonnnnggg days at home waiting for hurricane Charley to pass by, this weekend we'll be waiting for hurricane Ivan to pass by... any way, happy Friday and happy weekend to you all...

Nina

Comment

LMAO! Love this post Kool.

I love the discription for what happened. LOL it's just funny.

Dam I missed the Hump post. I mean I seen it but never peaked in. lol

Have a great one guys and don't worry about Ivan I heard he's scared of Florida somthing about a bunch of pissed off no TV having hooligans that ain't taking crap from no more storms or somthing.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

Geeze - who was that banging on the door this morning? She must have wanted out pretty badly...[img]/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Here's a tip - always get their name, first! That way it's way more personal when you're yelling - Shaddup!

Happy Friday - here's a 'hump-day/wishing for Friday' pic for you...

BB~:0)

Comment

LOL! Great play-by-play, Kool! Nice broom-work by the mod-squad! And good for you for telling it like it is, Allen. I love it here.

Have a great weekend, everybody.
                  [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img]

I like cheese. It is tasty.
                  "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I thought it wouldnever get here. I could use two days away from an annoying, arrogant, **** munching coworker. Sometimes I wonder what keeps me from going postal! Oh that's right...beer!! Happy Friday to all!

PS Nice job Mods and nice job Kool! Friday posts are great!

When I die, I have a free ride to Heaven! I will have alreadydone my time in Hell...at the local printshop!!

Comment

Well looks like another weekend of getting ready for a damn hurricane. this is getting real old!

good job Benjo and D-zine. Kicking some major @ss. i'm sure those 2 were former members...maybe Zartan.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'

'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'
                      "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

LOL Yea it was probabably Zartan he couldn't take it anymore especially after his client asked for another comp.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

ROFL! Zartan...that fkr! There is no place for his kind here ) I think they're are a few it could have been but not sure yet )

I REALLY don't wanna be at work today...dum de dumm...*sigh*

Boobie Island or Bust!
                          I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

lol... i didn't know about that little GDF attack....

i bet is was Zartan or otto veblin!!! LOL

have a safe weekend guys!

<SUP>www.jdcgraphics.net<SUP>- currentlyunder construction

www.standercreative.com

Comment

woooooooot, last working day for me for a whole week!!!! my friend from jersey is flying in on sunday and were gonna cruise all over Arizona and check out all the sites...im stocked to go to the grand canyon again, its been something like 15 years for me....im bringing my camera too, cant wait.

Anyways, I wont be here next week, so take care everyone, have a safe and happy weekend.

digitalcamwhore
                              ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X