Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Project Management
    salsa
    I don't have anything else to add. I think talking to your boss about it first is important so that you at least have her buy-in. Then you'll have to write a procedure and it will need to be backed by...
    Today, 04:07 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Do You Keep Work Drafts?
    kemingMatters
    I keep a folder for images and other supplied content in a folder with my indd, I only package the end result, as any of the links I used in my drafts will be in the folder I made and the fonts will already...
    Today, 04:06 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to 10 minutes from home
    kemingMatters
    I've been meaning to post something here for a while, here's a long exposure I took last weekend up at the lake. I can't really tell you how long the exposure was because I wasn't keeping track, I was...
    Today, 04:01 PM
  • com_amy
    Reply to Do You Keep Work Drafts?
    com_amy
    They've been dropping things into a "Draft" folder, but none of the ID files are packaged or anything. Do you guys recommend adding a "_Draft" to those files AND packaging them? I...
    Today, 04:00 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Logo for a small startup company....
    salsa
    How much time have you spent talking to the client about what they want? Did you spend a couple hours with them or has the only thing they've told you is what you wrote above?

Since the project's...
    Today, 03:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Canadian tv

Does anyone else watch Degrassi Junior High? Or Degrassi the next generation?

I just discovered that I get a Canadian station on t.v. and my gf and I are obsessed with it. Last night we watched like 3 or 4 back-to-back episodes. There's something really appealing about Canadian tv. It's so wholesome and corny, but for some reason I can't get enough of it. Plus, there's something very non-corporate about it. They use music like The Shins in the promos, and the product placement isn't as whoreish as American tv. Plus, shorter commercial breaks, and oh yeah...

I noticed that the main character had a pimple, but the show producers didn't attempt to cover it up or special FX it out. They just left it!!! That would never happen on American tv. It's refreshing that not everyone in North America is as superfcial as the average American.

I love Canadian tv.

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

OMG! Shut Up Delete! I use to watch Degrassi all the time! Does that still come on? Really!!

Ima dork P

Boobie Island or Bust!
    I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

I had an ex that use to watch that all the time.

UgH!

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'

'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'
      "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

alright kids. if you want to be purist about it, you've got to watch 'the kids of degrassi street', then 'degrassi jr high', then 'degrassi high', then 'degrassi tng' or whatever it is. you'll notice in the newest one that some of the old students are in it as parents and teachers.

and then you can all come to toronto and i'll take you on a tour. there is a real degrassi street and school. and a few years back, i swear i saw 'wheels' selling sunglasses outside the eaton centre on yonge st.

!!!

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Comment

haha! I only watched Degrassi High I think

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

is that like Saved by the bell?? or ami like tooooooooooootally out of the loop....

"BAN!"

Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.

Comment

ha, ha, leave it to Uncle to be the expert on Degrassi. From the channel I get here, you'd think that was the only show you guys have. On top of showing old Degrassi re-runs and Degrassi tng, they also have Degrassi unscripted. I haven't caught that one yet, but it seems like they interview the actors and show behind-the-scenes stuff.

Canada is a funny place.

I want to move there.

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

Yeah, Degrassi = the Canadian Saved by the Bell only more drama, less comedy

Comment

I'm moving to Canada too! Hummpphh..we can split rent Delete and beg ppl for design jobs!

You in? lol

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

Oh, you know it, DZ! I'm soooo in.

Comment

take me take me!! I love freedom! LOL

Comment

We can take the f'n wagon to Canada!

Comment

Helllz yeah!

Folks...we are takin the FKN WAGON to Canada! Whose in??

Delete...I promise to stay on my side of the bedroom in the place we rent from! OK..I LIED!

;o)

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

'wake up in the mornin' feeling shy and lonely gee i gotta go to schoooooool
                            i don't think i can make it i don't think i can take it something something something cool or rule or somethiiiiiiiiiing...'

c'mon magnus! help me out! i know you know this!

we used to sing ' wake up in the morning, feeling hot and horney, gee i gotta go to schooooool'

haha. what wits we were....*sigh*

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Comment

Man! Is this your first experience with Degrassi DY? I grew up watching that show, it saved my parents the trouble of having to give me the sex talk, the drug talk, more or less Degrassi raised me. Watch through them all and then rent Degrassi: Schools Out. Its a movie about all the Degrassi kids graduating, it was pretty controversial. Correct me if I am wrong Unc. but I think that it's the first official time they said pancake on the toob in Canada. We used to pick apart our group of friends in school and be like, he's definately the Arthur of the group.
                              I watched a Degrassi Reunion a couple years back on Jonovision (I can't believe that Jonathan Torrens is on a reality TV show in the states, Don't you guys get Trailer Park Boys or re-runs of Street Cents) and I think most of them are hard up for work. I see Joey Jeramiah doing public health awareness commercials on the CBC about eating right.
                              Correct me if I'm wrong again Unc. but I heard a rumour that Aaron Spelling tried to by the rights to Degrassi or something like that and couldn't. When he was denied he was forced to come up with something similar and this turned out to be the breeding ground for the cesspool that would become Beverly Hills 90210.

Match in the gas tank, boom boom.
                              match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X