• KitchWitch
    Reply to Hello GDF!
    KitchWitch
    Mini welcome tacos!

Today, 12:46 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to School assignment: Collateral campaign
    PrintDriver
    Um...do you seriously want to focus on blowing bubbles for a disease that pretty much drowns you in mucous???
    Today, 12:31 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to New Logo
    Roth
    The blue scales remind me of Bumblebee's face. Whichever way you choose to go, make it the simpler version, so for example the two circles rather than the literal scales, you want to show not tell. Make...
    Yesterday, 10:33 PM
  • Roth
    Reply to Poster critique
    Roth
    He looks like he's been in a fight with a cassette.

You can't do a poster and assume you'll throw all the imporant when and where stuff in later. They're integral.
    Yesterday, 10:24 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Hello GDF!
    <b>
    Just to make sure that you're not mistaken about that, here's a reminder not to forget these very important links here and here. Seriously, welcome to the forum!...
    Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAARRRRR!!! It be Friday

All ye, Cobbler cooking, Take out bra insert wanting, Name dropping, Dot net B using, Fireman becoming, Jelly on pancakes eating, Screwed by Ivan, Grommet hunting, Canadian TV loving, To pre-press or not asking, Pissed at windows, Period using, Relocated, Driver hunting, Degrassi watching, Pic posting, Pen island visiting, Scurvy Dog Designers!!!

Have a great weekend!!! [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img] [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img]

Yarrrrrrrrrrr!!! Ahoy me mateys. Today be International Talk Like a Pirate Day. (OK I know it's really on Sunday but I have special permission from 'Old, Chumbucket and Cap'n Slappy at talklikeapirate.com to celebrate it here today). So all replies better be in pirate speak er ye be walkin the plank. So grab yerself a flagon of grog and a cask of ale ye beauty's & buccaneers. Come quittin time we sail for boobie island. [img]/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Here be some helpful links:
    How to talk like a pirate
    Pirate Name Generator (mine is Cedar Teeth)

Top ten pirate pick up lines:

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why me Roger is so Jolly?

9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?

8. Come on up and see me urchins.

7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.

6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?

4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.

2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
    1. Prepare to be boarded.

All quotes this week translated into pirate:
    Eraser Nubbin said...
    'I'm confused, be it actually a pancake house, or be t' forum changin' t' word that it substitutes pancake for and you drive by a bordello every day?'
    DD on Peanut Butter:
    DivineDesign said...
    'i just saw this but how did they get those peanuts t' spread into peanut butter on t' slice o' bread for t' JIFF commercials????? they make it look so easy'
    And Jason’s helpful reply:
    Jason Fraker said...
    'They just use t' knife t' turn t' peanut butter into penuts, and run it aftwards. You didn't know that??!?'
    I love children but I don't think I could eat a whole one.

Damn Kool... alre4ady a year since the last talk like a pirate day? I remember it from before.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'

'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'
    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

i never heard of this before..

Comment

ahoy, land lubbers! it's sure been a long week for me, but avast... it's friday. drink your grog smartly, me maties.
        ok, that's all i've got. looks like i need to brush up on my lingo for sunday. i've never heard of this either, but it should be fun. have a great weekend, everyone... and don't forget to return to port for work on monday!

A monk requested 'I have entered the monastery: please give me some guidance'
        Master Zhao Zhao replied ' Have you eaten breakfast yet?'
        'Yes'
        'Then go wash your bowl'

Comment

I be 'wild eyed John' and I'm reporting for duty, I'll be checking the riggin now, that be the ladies rigging...ARRRRR!

Where be the local beauty or wench.

~Everyday, All the Time, Without Fail!
          Tapp-d
          "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

well blow me down. as if uncle carbunkle wasn't piratey enough, apparently i'm 'red stephan the gouger'

arr.....this may be a funny day...says i...

***but i always thought the best pirate pick-up lines somehow involved 'booty'***

hmmm....i mean, 'arrr'....

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Comment

Great post Kool! This was a fun week at t' GDF and let get this talkin' like a pirate thin' down. Who’s with us if you your went t' Davy Jones' locker! me new name for today will be t' Mad Mangler anybody got a problem with that you bunch o' land lubbers? I love your avatar Kool in a manly kind o' way!

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

Oh yeah, i forgot, i'm Ugly Frank Lofton

'Yes'
                'Then go wash your bowl'

Comment

one more thing... did you guys hear about that new pirate movie?

it's rated arrr!!!

'Yes'
                  'Then go wash your bowl'

Comment

ugh... that be the scurviest joke

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Comment

What a lame joke, keep it up and your walkin' t' plank!

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

'Yes'
                        'Then go wash your bowl'

Comment

arrrrrr! happy bucklin' friday all........well mates another week another day, have fun all!

Comment

snypa said...
                            one more thing... did you guys hear about that new pirate movie?

it's rated arrr!!!
                            lolol that was cuteee arrr!

Comment

Ahoy Mateys....Aye, Dread Pirate Vane here! Grab the swabbie from the bilge and bring on the grog!

Haaaa! I suck at pirate talk but man...what kinda name is that I got!! DEAD PIRATE VANE!!!

land lobbers Aye! Get off yer tucas and smartly! Arrrr

Boobie Island or Bust!
                              I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X