Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
  • Sbower
    Reply to Re Branding my personal logo.
    Sbower
    Thank you everyone for you comments they have been very helpful. I do have to agree after looking it over again I don't think the icon reads very effectively. And therefore makes it a bit useless. And...
    Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Are you able to read the text?
    PanToshi
    No prob. The vBulletin forum software is really kinda… well, borked up. I'm glad the workaround works for ya.
    Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidest/Funniest questions and answers thread....

What is it about mour Marketing Department here? They don't have a flippin' clue when it comes to design, not that i'm an expert but i've had enough of their crap. I do freelance for them but none of them have a clue...this includes the marketing Director, Marketing Coordinator, Manager, the whole team.

So in the light of this I will share with you what I heard this week....

-Why can't I use a MS Word file? [img]/emoticons/freaked.gif[/img] (My fav)
    -What's an .eps file?
    -Oh, we just have a few corrections to make on the catalogue, can it be ready by the end of the day?(they know i don't do my graphics work here at work and the catalogue was 100 pages with like 50% changes)
    -oh yes i've got some pictures for you....i'll send you the word file.... [img]/emoticons/frusty.gif[/img] (damn word files)
    -how come when i enlarge the picture it looks pixelated?
    -you can't use word to do the layout? [img]/emoticons/blowingup.gif[/img] (i'm going to kill someone!)
    -how come i can't change the picture on this .pdf file? [img]/emoticons/nono.gif[/img]

I'm sure you guys can relate......so what have you heard? [img]/emoticons/eyecrazy.gif[/img]

Post Edited (_Tyger_) : 9/17/2004 1:37:12 PM GMT

Oh man I’ve heard them all. Word layouts lol even me IT manager wanted me t' do a manual in word so he can update it, what happened he ended up gettin' Quark and a Powerbook which he never uses. They just don’t know how graphics work or how we work, they should all get Imacs runnin' Adobe CS suite. We should make this a national petition, who’s in? Arrrrrrrrrr!

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

This is my recent favorite that I was asked when we upgraded to OSX...

--- Using Safari, when I type the web address there is no 'go' button so it won't go to that address!

Ahemm..do I REALLY need to go on?

Boobie Island or Bust!
      I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

lol!....nice one D-Zine

Comment

'they do graphic designs on Macs?'

I am not lying here

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'

'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'
          "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

OMG, people actually USE the Go button in a browser?! LOL!

My favorite Graphic Design question was always 'What do you mean my picture sucks? Why can't I use a Polaroid?!'

And the inevitable 'Why does this rendering look so bad when Jerry's look great?' (Because Jerry uses a 35mm camera, dumba**!)

Comment

I know right! I was like 'well..you hit enter on the keyboard!' I sh!t you not - he was totally amazed at that! *rolls eyes*

Boobie Island or Bust!
              I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

oh i forgot one, a real goodie.....

'can you help me? i'm trying to scan this film but it's not coming out right' -i go check it out thinking the settings on the film scanner needs to be adjusted...low and behold the film was on the flatbed scanner! ;0)

Comment

Arrrr! Slap th' lubbers in chains!

'Can you fax the finished project to me so I can get the printer started on it... that will be in color, right?'

Arrr! Feed th' lubbers to the sharks I say!

BB~:0)

Comment

I hear the Word one all the time. pancakeers. If you really want to update the presentations and flyers by yourself, I friggin' teach your Quark. It would make my life so much easier! BWAHAHAH.

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

My personal fav, that i get at least 3 times a week is 'Im gonna email you the pictures' and for those of you that don't know, I work on 10 foot wide mural panels, I get sent 37k jpgs and these people think thats a sufficient file size for 10 feet....... ugh.

And the best to date...... my mail was recieving for over an hour, so I call the mail server peeps and ask em whats up, they told me someone had emailed me a 200meg tif file...wtf?

digitalcamwhore
                      ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Ha! that happend to me too this week D-Frag! Our Marketing coordinator emailed a 100meg file to me asking me if i could fix the picture up, I kept insisting i didn't get it....sure enough our IT guy comes out and say's 'who's the bozo that's sending you a 100meg file?' The look on her face was pricless!

Comment

LMAO! That is classic materail right there.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Comment

D-Frag said...
                            I work on 10 foot wide mural panels, I get sent 37k jpgs and these people think thats a sufficient file size for 10 feet....... ugh.
                            Just tell 'em it'll look like a million bucks... from about a quarter mile away.

I'm a computer systems consultant and technician, but my business is very localized.
                            However, feel free to check out my site, which always has new and interesting
                            articles on using computers:
                            CATALYST Techworks Consulting

Comment

LMAO! Yea you have to step back reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal far away so the pixalation won't show up.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X