X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your avatar mean?

Just an inquiry. My avatar is from my graphic design logo, which is a portrait of my great, great grandad, Franklin Hiram King. (Click for info on him). What do your avatars mean?

Grandaddy King just had his book, Farmers of Forty Centuries, reprinted. Woo-hoo! Oh, wait... no royalties for me. Boo. He advocated fertilizing your garden with people poo, which is kinda gross.

not much meaning here. i just like anime!

A moment's absence-
    a dead person.
    -Yantou

Comment

Good question... getting into people's heads to understand how they choose to identify themselves. Wonder what this says about me!

Well, I've always loved the little zoloft guy cause he's so cute, and whenever the commercials came on and they were describing the symptoms of depression I would say 'that's me!!!' (joking or not!) so for now, he'll do.

I've been toying with the idea of using a winged cat (with dragon wings, not bird wings) but that will involve me taking the time to sit down and actually work on it, so expect something around 2010.

You've gotta do what you've gotta do.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

One of my favourite albums and the design was ground breaking.... good old Peter Saville.

Comment

I was sick of a moogle from Final Fantasy so I switched to Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, My avatar pays homage to great games

~Everyday, All the Time, Without Fail!
          Tapp-d
          "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Mine is a portion of my new business card/identity I'm working up. It kinda describes me and shows a bit of my illustration work. It's got my TMoore signature and with my passion for cars...what else would I have put on it.

[img]/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sniffin' paint fumes should be an olympic sport.
            tmooregraphics
            Horsepower For Your Business!
            Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

It's my ride...

Comment

Exactly what it says..'Red heds do it better'

"BAN!"

Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.

Comment

Mine goes back to the dark ages, it resembles a time when none was infinite... Ah hell I don't even have an avatar!

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

then tell us about your sig, benjo

A moment's absence-
                    a dead person.
                    -Yantou

Comment

I get bored with my avatar often so it's constantly changing. I was feeling a bit worn out and beaten-up that day, hence the tread marks.

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

well i had one up but i dont see it. it says its up but eh.. okay! lol if u all see it or remember it was a lil person walking.. i found it on the net.. it describez me cuz lately ive been a loner and kinda dont talk to my friends no more.. but i like bein a losar! im actually the happiest ive ever been. weird.

Comment

Well..the butterfly has a special meaning for me (long story)...which brought about the butterfly in the avatar, which is a special image to me also so ... that's that P

[img]/emoticons/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Boobie Island or Bust!
                          I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

^^^ te he he he....

"BAN!"

Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.

Comment

'fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccck oooooooooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffff'

or, to be slightly more eloquent (i'll have to borrow for this one):

'hell is other people' - jp satre.

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X