Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    <b>
    Are you the designer, the printer, the merchant or all of them? A designer doesn't typically base fees on the number that will be printed. A printer, on the other hand, does do that. Even when a designer...
    Today, 10:23 PM
  • cdgc
    Retail vs Contract Pricing
    cdgc
    Looking for some input on this matter.

Many years ago we published a map for railroad enthusiasts that was 1/1 black and folded several times into 3.5" by 9". Nothing all that...
    Today, 09:28 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    Kayekaye
    Better photo, but flip it so the eye travels left to right. Having on the left side it kind of stops the eye there.

Have you not learned about line lengths? This is about 88 characters long....
    Today, 09:14 PM
  • sketxz!
    Reply to BEST COMPUTER CONFIGURATION FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNERS?
    sketxz!
    So I got the new SSD and it's amazing. It fits in the palm of my hand but so much speed compared to my old one. Here's some graphs of before and after (keep in mind it was a buggy 5 year old drive):...
    Today, 08:43 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    <b>
    It's an interesting-looking graphic, but for the reasons already mentioned, it doesn't really meet the usual requirements of a logo. I'm not a big fan of Lobster either, but that's just me.
    Today, 08:37 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My head..

is exploding.. [img]/emoticons/blowingup.gif[/img]

I have been so forgetful lately.. Everyone is pissed at me. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

is anyone else so forgetful? GEEZE I must sound like a winer lately. Im sry guys. [img]/emoticons/oops.gif[/img] [img]/emoticons/weep.gif[/img]

Sorry your brain's broken. I can definately relate to the forgetfulness. Maybe you should take a day or two off. BTW, what does 'im Free!!' mean?

-JF

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

my wife is the most forgetful person i know.

she will be telling me something and in the middle of the story completely forget the point.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'

'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'
      "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

It's not just you, debz. I'm the sort who will walk through the house 10 times in search of my hat, only to find that it's been on my head the whole time.

Hang in there, and don't let the bastids get you down!

You've gotta do what you've gotta do.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

LOL 'Im Free' Means i broke up with my bf. LOL.. I have the liberating post around here somewhere. But basically i feel as tho I have so many oppurtunities that I can achive now. He was holding me back. and I dont PLAN on being in a real relationship for about... 3yrs or so untill I am done college.

LOL bob (my ex) used to get so pissed at me because I always forget crap. So I'd remind him to do something like 389798347 times. LOL.. Id even go so far as too put the trash infront of our door so he'd remember when he was leavin.. HAHA.

Comment

Oh man I know where you're coming from Debz, I'm so forgetful. I remember this one time at band camp when myself and three others went..............down..............to............ ...er..............um............I forget now, but damn it wa soooooo funny.

Comment

I'm the human goldfish. I have zero short-term memory. Guess I puffed too much La in college...

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

i didnt know there were so many like me.. :P wooho! lol

Comment

All us creative types are that way.

Comment

i like to think that i have a 'selective memory', Problem is my selection is very narrow. ;0)

Comment

Reminds me of an expression I once heard... 'Everyone has a photographic memory... some just don't have any film'.

Comment

LMFAO! Thats so meeee! bleh. im bored. ;o

Comment

I have the proud distinction of being so forgetful that I once put on a shirt, shoes and socks and was heading out the door when my roommate pointed out that I wasn't wearing pants.

Comment

LMAO! I always forget. I feel like Dory from finding nemo.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

Has anyone read drawing on the right side of the brain?
                              The book says that when you are creative, your in the right side of the brain mode.
                              Left side: needs structure, organization, needs to know what time it is and what is next.
                              Right side of the brain: needs to just hang around, create, looses track of time, loose track of things.
                              While being creative you are switching from left to right and the left thinks it should always win, but the right says hey give me a chance, I will let the left side come back in a little bit.
                              As designers you are using programs which requires the left side of the brain and creating ideas, art, which uses the right side of the brain, switching axels back and forth can be exhausting and sometimes makes you feel sort of loose headed. The conflict of the left and right leaves me sometimes absent minded. The balancing act.
                              Long side of the short stick, your creative! Either that or your forgetting to drink plenty of water.
                              Thank you, Doctor Coconut

Coconut

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X