X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying Japanese characters/fonts on your PC

How the heck do I do this? I need to be able to "see" the characters...especially for things like translations and such. Is it a font that I have to download, or something else?

"It's not cheating if you win."

- A VERY wise person.

format ur comp and click Japanese for ur language.. buahah. course u wont understand nethin else.

Comment

Are you on Mac or PC? What OS? I've dealt with this on a mac, and I had to actually go to the PC first, so you may be in luck.
      -Jason

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

PC my friend! Windows XP business edition.

- A VERY wise person.

Comment

what are you running? mac or pc? i've got a korean lanuage set, but it only works on my outlook express... you can get plug-ins for adobe products i think... but your operating system must support that language. i think.

all so cryptic. sorry i'm not more help. let us know what happens.

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Comment

I believe if your're running XP, Japanese characters display by default in the MS office programs. I had to get Japanese translations of employee names to print on BC's, so I copied the text from word to Illy, converted to paths and saved as EPS. Sucks to have to depend on MS Office products to get a print-quality piece.

Hope this helps
            -JF

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

What about internet explorer?

- A VERY wise person.

Comment

To see them you have to install the language packs on to your computer (you should have some by default). Then they are available through the OS character map, any MS program, and almost everything else. You have to have administrator access on the computer. Then go Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Advanced tab. Then pick the language under Language settings

If they are installed, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map. Click the Advanced view checkbox at the bottom and select the correct language from the Group by dropdown.

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
                - Albert Einstein
                ProudPenguin
                P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

yeah, that's what i meant to say.

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Comment

Ryan, you took the words right outta my mouth! Actually, I had no idea how to do that, but I'm glad good ol' Ryan does!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X