Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Why would I get an 8gb imac with a 7" smaller screen for $200 more than I can get a mac mini with 16gb and a 27" screen for?...
    Today, 07:03 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    Cosmo
    You can get a 21" iMac for $1099 with 8gb of memory (which is plenty). I would do that and then if you feel like you need more memory down the road, upgrade it. You can get 8gb of memory for under...
    Today, 05:50 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    <b>
    I like the look, but that isn't the same as saying it's right for the job.

If the card were actually for the Bronx Zoo, you'd need to consider the current branding of the zoo, then make your...
    Today, 05:25 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Personal Logo Suggestions
    Yehoshua
    Developed a personal logo. Suggestions or comments? Thanks!

JK for my initials....
    Today, 05:16 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    That's what I was looking for, thanks man. Do you have any tutorials or guides you could show me that could help me better understand typography and layout? That's probably been my biggest struggle thus...
    Today, 05:13 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daddy wants a new pair of shoes

From adbusters.org

http://adbusters.org/metas/corpo/bla...aker/home.html

"Oh Phil, your timing couldn't be better. On the eve of our Blackspot sneaker launch, you try to commodify the meaning of "peace" with your John Lennon All Star Peace Chuck. (If you didn't know, Converse is now owned by Nike.) So, as Lennon rolls in his grave, we're emboldened with a renewed sense of purpose: to reclaim our culture from corpo mindpancakeers like you.

Enter the world's first global anti-brand: the Blackspot sneaker. A shoe and a message and a vision of the future. We've produced an environmentally friendly sneaker that's a bold statement against sweatshop labor. Our anti-corporate campaign is a shareholder-driven enterprise that prioritizes ethical consumerism and grassroots empowerment. Join us in this quest to create an authentic, non-corporate cool and reassert consumer sovereignty over capitalism.

The Blackspot is an alternative to the commercial, pseudo 'culture' of the mega corporations. Nike has always been the champion of logo culture, its swoosh an icon of global cool. Despite this, Phil Knight flies the flag of a fading empire. His swoosh has been hurt by years of "brand damage" as activists fought against his mindpancake marketing and dirty sweatshop labor.

It's time to rethink the cool. Let's turn shoes into a counter branding tool. Let's buy shoes from an anti-corporation where customers have a say. Let's pit the swoosh against the anti-swoosh. Which side are you on?"

Dog is my co-pilot.

Mmmm. Mindpancakes.

Comment

they say:

'the John Lennon Peace Chuck...transcends global, cultural and socio-economic boundaries and represents the persuit of individuality and self-expression'

i say:

'my left foot'

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Comment

i say too many words for 9am.. LOL

Comment

Nike can bite me. I'd buy one of these if they weren't $50. Why is being socially and environmentally concious so expen$ive?

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

to swoosh or not to swoosh....THAT is the question! ;o)

lol @ Delete

Boobie Island or Bust!
            I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

I'm only getting them if they look like the Nike Air Force ones. :/

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

Nevermind, I like sweatshops. Gets kids off the streets, ya know?

"It's not cheating if you win."

- A VERY wise person.

Comment

lol@mag&delete!!!

A moment's absence-
                  a dead person.
                  -Yantou

Comment

Wait so im supposed to be anti conformist by conforming? sooooo confused

digitalcamwhore
                    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Screw em all, I'll buy my shoes at payless where i can feel good I'm paying less

~Everyday, All the Time, Without Fail!
                      Tapp-d
                      "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Holy crap! I thought this was a parody. It's not?

Um.

Imagine there's no sweatshops. It's easy if you try. No Nike swoosh below us. Above us only swoosh.

Imagine all the people buying shoes today...

Comment

HAHAHA.. Nice, 40th!

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

LMAO!

You've gotta do what you've gotta do.
                            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

did anyone else realize that shoe costs 50+ dollars......I could see spending 29.99 on a shoe like that, but come on now, that's just as bad as Nike if you ask me. good concept, shitty follow through

digitalcamwhore
                              ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X