Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Casseopia
    Reply to Creative Suite and upgrading
    Casseopia
    OK thanks for this. So, can I upgrade to CS3?
    Today, 07:05 PM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Redundancy & Entropy
    ISitude
    Hang in there ...in the long it will serve you well.

Perhaps it would help by looking at some graphic images for the same subject matter? Compare the two and then re-approach your assignment....
    Today, 07:02 PM
  • Cole Ericson
    Business Greeting Cards
    Cole Ericson
    These cards are meant to be sent to partner executives thanking them for their business. I'd like feedback on the designs of these cards. You can ignore the verbiage....
    Today, 06:29 PM
  • PanToshi
    PanToshi
    Hmm, I don't think you have that option. You can't choose which older version you want to upgrade to. You can buy/rent (for full price) either CS6 or CC. "Upgrade" pricing only applies if you...
    Today, 06:22 PM
  • Casseopia
    Casseopia
    Thanks everyone.

I think I might just upgrade one or two versions away, which would hopefully minimise any problems....
    Today, 06:05 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get out of Debt! You'll be much, much happier.

I know that a lot of you have debt. Some of you probably have an uncontrollable amount of debt. You may think that it's just not possible to get through life today without a car payment, credit card debts, studend loans, etc... but it is possible. Getting out of debt will give you an immeasurable amount of joy and reduce your stress substantially, which will end up saving money on your medical expenses (because a vast majority of 'illnesses' are caused by stress). When you pay your car off, it will drive better to you. If you have a debt free house, I'm told that the grass feels different under your feet.

Dave Ramsey is a guy I happened to catch on the radio shortly after I got married, and he doesn't believe in debt of any kind. The thought, honestly, had never crossed my mind. I assumed that you had to have cable, a car payment, credit cards, a good beacon credit score, etc... But hearing his show on the radio made a light go on in my head, and it totally changed my life.

When you have no payments, and your boss gets on your last nerve, all you have to do is say 'You know, I don't work here anymore.' and go on home. You don't have to worry about all the bills you won't be able to pay now. When the economy's in the toilet like it has been, and your company has to let you go, if you live by Dave Ramsey's plan and have a few months of living expenses saved up, you don't have to take the first job you're offered.

I urge you to listen to his radio show, visit his website (www.daveramsey.com), or buy his book (The Total Money Makeover or Financial Peace). If any of you are interested, I could outline his plan for getting out of debt, but I feel I've rambled too long already.

-Jason

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

do you have any debt ?

Comment

Is Dave Ramsey a relative/friend/associate of yours? :-)

Comment

No relation. I'm not selling anything. Just wanted to pass the info along.
        We do have a little debt, but we're making serious progress.

BTW, I don't mean to offend/irritate/annoy anyone with this. It's just that the majority of people use debt as a way of life, and the nature of our jobs tends to be high-stress, deadline sensitive. Anything that can turn down the volume of that stress, for me at least, is a very welcome notion.

-JF

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

right on, man!!! debt is one of the biggest problems in this country. in my day... if you wanted something, you saved up for it. then it meant that much more to you. you kids today just charge, charge, charge! hey, those shoes are nice. what, $120? well, i don't have that much... guess i'll just put it on the card!

A moment's absence-
          a dead person.
          -Yantou

Comment

Debt is a huge problem, I think the UK has the worse credit card debt in Europe, £53.5bn in 2003... and we're only a small country!

Comment

People have called Dave's show with $100k in credit card debt. Usually credit card debt doesn't even represent something tangible. It's most likely to happen when you spend all your money by the 15th of the month, and use the Master Card or whatever to buy food, gas, movie tickets, etc for the rest of the month. That's crazy!! Most of the people with a six figure credit card debt also have a six figure income!! How can this be?

Comment

How do you get outta debt tho? The money fairy comes down and pays all your bills off for you??

Just curious ;o)

Boobie Island or Bust!
                I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

declare bankruptcy! then you won't really have to worry about debt for a while because nobody will lend you any money

A moment's absence-
                  a dead person.
                  -Yantou

Comment

Jason thanks for sharing the info. It seems we want some logical 1-10 steps here can you break it down for us?

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

I say run away, join a hippy cult, live in a tree and be one with nature.

Comment

Bankruptcy! No way..LOL! I just put myself more into debt just this past monday but I have a new laptop on the way so YAY...LOL!

Serisoully tho..give us a breakdown Jason...

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

I don't beleive in this crap

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
                          'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'

Check out my indie comic book!
                          www.assassinsguild.net/
                          "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

^ ^ ) ^ ^

lol @ joe!

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

its about will power...the ability to say no to something...to wait.
                              Will power I dont have

Most debt is ours by choice.

I choose to go to school. I choose to have the 28k debt over my head, now I choose to pay it off. Debt is All about Will Power

~Everyday, All the Time, Without Fail!
                              Tapp-d
                              "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X