Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to Break points and Responsive design
    DanCMU
    I'm a developer for a digital agency and can personally vouch for the benefit of mock-ups. How else can a developer code against a design if they don't exist? In terms of development/design time, desktop...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • DanCMU
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    DanCMU
    On devices with retina displays, their resolution is high enough that it, effectively, resizes images to get them looking the right size (in a nutshell). This is often the cause of image problems like...
    Today, 08:56 AM
  • DanCMU
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    DanCMU
    Thanks very much, appreciate the feedback.

I did make all of the other letters gray, and it did emphasize the two "e"s but it then became a bit more difficult to distinguish the...
    Today, 08:40 AM
  • jessica21
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    Thanks CataclysmX and Designia! I will continue my search for the right typeface....
    Today, 05:24 AM
  • LumLum1013
    My thread went missing?
    LumLum1013
    I posted a new thread in The Crit Pit about a week ago. It was approved, a few members have replied to it and I was able to access it for few days.
    Then I received email notifications of a few new...
    Today, 04:25 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got scammed on Ebay...

It was a japanese imported movie called "Zatoichi". The person seems to either make mass copies (Some illegal based on the feedback I've read), and imports them probably from China. The person I believe is in Toronto, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, I sent payment, and about 7 weeks later no product. After the first 3 weeks passed, I sent the seller an email, inquireing about the DVD. They said it's possible that customs or the shipping is taking a while since it may be coming from overseas. What a crock.

Needless to say I still haven't gotten it as of today. I also have seen the person has quite a bit of negative feedback...I think it was around 135 negatives, out of something like 4000 positive or something or other. So this person is a "power seller" though many of their sales could be by the same person on multiple items, meaning their positive's come from the same person.

Here's the link if it works still:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

So I guess my only recourse is to leave some nasty negative feedback. But does anyone else have any ideas?

"It's not cheating if you win."

- A VERY wise person.

if you file a complaint, you should be able to get your money back. Did you pay with paypal? they will usually pay you anything under $500 and then go after the bastid for the money...

Comment

Magnus... eBay only counts positive feedback from individual users, so if someone buys 2 things and leaves feedback twice, their feedback only counts once.

You might want to drop the seller a line stating that you've been waiting a ridiculous amount of time for your product and that you are going expect this resolved to be right away or you will be leaving them negative feedback. I noticed that they have a policy stating 'Give us an email about any issue. We are willing to solve any issue with you to avoid give negative feedback each other.' so hopefully they will try to make it right.

Maybe they'll have another product shipped to you overnight or something. You never know - it's worth a try.

And if that doesn't work, email them a picture of your new katana and tell them that you know where they live. [img]/emoticons/tongue.gif[/img]

You've gotta do what you've gotta do.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Yeah, I used paypal. Spent a whole $14 on the DVD including shipping, but it's a matter of principle. Is there a time limit with paypal or the complaint process?

- A VERY wise person.

Comment

Mag- Matt and i got scammed a while back. The center caps on my car were stolen a whle ago. So the ones we got on ebay were the wrong ones. You'll need to file a complaint through ebay & paypal. The shoudl settle it from there. The will review your case within a certain time frame, and if you get the bestof it, you have a certain time frame todo whatever they tell yu to do. Good luck. let me know if you need to knwo anything and I'll check our emails to them and help ya out.

"BAN!"

Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.

Comment

Thanks DD. That's my first order of business when I finish work.

- A VERY wise person.

Comment

that sucks dude, really....ebay is the easiest way to scam someone without getting in trouble now a days...

i got scammed once from a buy it now auction, someone selling 'import/bootleg' cds...
              right after i mailed the money out ebay sent me an email that said 'the aution 'blah blah blah' has been removed from our database because it contained items that broke copywrite laws. as a result the seller has been banned. ebay will not be responsible for any losses and strongly advises you not to complete this transaction..'
              what really made me realize i got scamed was that all the people who gave him feedback, all gave eachother feed back and all of the auctions from these feedbacks took place on the same day with $.01 auctions.
              this guy really has a big ebay scamming ring going on, and theres nothing anyone can do about it.

<SUP>www.jdcgraphics.net<SUP>- currentlyunder construction

www.standercreative.com

Comment

hey - lay off! i chick's gotta make a living!

no... wasn't me...

i bet it was flashlight, though. or tyger. hmmm... dubious jerks.

want me to kick their a$$es for you? huh? huh? can i ? huh?

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Comment

did you do anything for ebay yet mag?????

"BAN!"

Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.

Comment

Just pancakein' wait Matt.

It'll show up.

Dog is my co-pilot.

Comment

I'll give it till next...wednesday. That's more than fair.

- A VERY wise person.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X