Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Extreme colour shift
    PrintDriver
    Usually it's a combination of the ink dot pattern and the lam, not so much the stock. And won't you get silvering if you lam a matte stock? Or is it a real smooth matte?

CMYK inkjet is notorious...
    Today, 08:15 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Reply to Friend as a client - problem
    misplacedVTer
    It's a tough lesson lots of people in the industry have learned, myself included. As for making things physical... the guy that stiffed me like this told me he would come to my house and shoot me dead...
    Today, 08:14 PM
  • H22
    Comment on Logo for a small startup company....
    H22
    I have talked with them at length about it but that conversation is kind of lost on them. This is a side business that they "may" grow into something larger. But at the moment, they aren't focusing...
    Today, 08:03 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to How to Delete Selected Backround
    KitchWitch
    Hi Brad and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 07:56 PM
  • Keyare
    Reply to Extreme colour shift
    Keyare
    Would printing on a matte stock, then lamm help?
    Today, 07:54 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All in favor raise your PINTS!

www.proposition317.com Make St. Patricks Day an official holiday in the USA.
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

hehe I signed it .. I'm Irish dammit .. it's my duty

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

The complication here is that if legislators made this an official holiday in the US, considering the way we celebrate it here vs. in Ireland, they would be obligated by civic duty to make the 18th a holiday as well. It would be un-American not to observe national hangover day in conjunction with St. Patti's.
      "The best thing about being self employed is you only have to work half a day!

...And you get to choose which 12 hours!"

Comment

It's not official already? They celebrate like crazy in St. Paul, but up here, we have the Finns who have usurped the whole thing by celebrating the 16th with St. Urho's Day. It's pretty silly, but I think the whole thing was made up by some guy who didn't like the Irish, because not only do they do it one day earlier, but the patron saint chased grasshoppers out of Finland to save the grape crops.

Comment

What's more important that making it a national holiday, is making it a federal holiday. Federal means we get it off work. Of course, I take it off work regardless, but federal means my wife and friends all get it off work as well. St. Patrick's day is definitely better celebrated starting at noon than starting at 6:00.
          "The best thing about being self employed is you only have to work half a day!

...And you get to choose which 12 hours!"

Comment

I celebrate St David's Day (Dydd Dewi Sant). He's the patron saint of Wales. It's March 1st. It's not quite as marketable as St Patricks day, seeing as our national dish is basically cheese on toast with leek soup. This is national Welsh costume if you fancy a laugh... (sometimes little kids will dress up like this for school, but not many any more)

I find it funny that St Patrick's day is a much much bigger celebration thanks to guiness marketing in England than St George's day (England's own Patron Saint)
            at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

That is great Frank .. so cute

Comment

Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn o lyswennod, Frankster!
                Want to know what a true friend is? One who walks in when the world walks out.

Comment

** looking for Welsh translator**

Comment

That is one ****ed up sentance.

Well, you have taught me the Welsh word for hovercraft. I was thinking to myself, what the hell has he got that's full of eels!?!?!

Anyway, cau dy geg yr hegla cam, fuo 'nhad i erioed allan yn y nos yn dwyn tatws!
                    at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

something about keeping their mouths shut and stealing potatoes at night?

thats my best attempt lol

Comment

lol. how much of that did you have to google, Frankster?
                        (I had to google all of it! - but it was on a website full of useful Welsh phrases. So one can only presume that there's some sort of massive hovercraft/eel problem in Wales)
                        Want to know what a true friend is? One who walks in when the world walks out.

Comment

Ga i beint o sudd oren

How's that?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat
                            ** looking for Welsh translator**

I have no idea how to speak welsh, but I do know how to speak Irish....

say this fast...

Whale Oil Beef Hooked!

congrats, you've just spoken Irish.

Comment

Éire go brách

... or as we Americans say Erin Go Bragh lol

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X