Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi 858 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:28 AM
  • thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need job

my business has basically gone under, im in serious need of some fundage, as for my skills here is a brief bio:

15 years of Sales
    6 years of customer service
    3 years of retail
    5 years of telemarketing
    5+ years of graphic design (traditional)
    6 months of photography
    2 years as electricians assistant
    5 years of labor

if anyone can help me out, ill peel pancakeing gum off carpet right about now, if anyone knows of any jobs in the graphic design/creative director/photography fields please let me know asap, ive done all i can as far as searching online, newpapers and getting my name out, but im still having no luck. If anyone knows of anything please let me know asap.

im looking for jobs in the creative field, but I will take a job in the above listings as I know anything helps. I will also take a job out of state, or the country for that matter....im desperate, and I don't want to work fast food.....any help appreciated.

A Tribute To Homer S.
    "Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races."

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep... in a blender."

"Marge, what's wrong? Are you hungry? Sleepy? Gassy? Gassy? Is it gas? It's gas, isn't it?"

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

"Ooh, the internet is on computers now."

"Son, when you attend sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."

"To start, press any key. Where's the 'any' key?"

"Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."
    digitalcamwhore
    Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men. - Woodrow Wilson

Where abouts are you located? I know I am looking for a position in Alberta, but if I do come across anything that is out of my league or area, and into yours, I will send it your way! Even the ones no where near yeah!

Sorry to hear about the struggles, but I can diffently see where you are coming from... almost in the same boat. Still considering a career in ditch digging myself....
    Im never gonna get used to the 31st century. Caffeinated bacon? Baconated grapefruit? ADMIRAL Crunch?
    Fry, Futurama

Comment

You could get a job delivering pizzas for instant cash while you look for a GD job/set up freelance company. It's a real drag to lose your job. Don't worry, man, you'll find something.

-Jason

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

Sorry to hear that D-Frag, I'll cast out my lines up here in boston, and see what I can find. Some openings, any particular industry you want in on. some of the gaming industry is up here, also check out the different localized Craiglist jobs, I know each city has a seperate list of creative jobs, there is no one giant list

~Everyday, All the Time, Without Fail!
        Tapp-d
        "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

damn bro.... check out birmingham, alabama there are always a couple of descent design jobs in the paper here...

www.al.com

birmingham is like a small atlanta but you will have to learn the words 'yall' and 'aint'

www.hirethisdesigner.com - portfolio
          www.conceptprint.com - the company I work for

Comment

also Joe is great for some reason at finding jobs. I'm sure he is out today bc of hurricane damage but as soon as he gets back you might ask him as well...or I'm sure he will see the thread. There isn't much my way here in Savannah since SCAD pops out designers left and right but I will let you know if I come across anything at all ok!!

Boobie Island or Bust!
            I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

thx everyone, ive already searched craigslist.

Jeff, im in Arizona, but im willing to move anywhere, preferebly a job in advertising, marketing....traditional design, NO WEB.

probably will get a job delivering pizzas....my car is a POS though, so who knows if I wanna go that route. I hear smuggling people pays pretty well here, i might look into that.....

A Tribute To Homer S.
              "Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races."

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep... in a blender."

"Marge, what's wrong? Are you hungry? Sleepy? Gassy? Gassy? Is it gas? It's gas, isn't it?"

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

"Son, when you attend sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."

"Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."
              digitalcamwhore
              Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men. - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

This idea is totally wicked wack, but WTF

D-Frag, ever think of teaching? Art Schools are everywhere, maybe there is someplace lookin for a gd teacher. . .try it

~Everyday, All the Time, Without Fail!
                Tapp-d
                "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Sorry to hear that D- Frag. But dont feel worried you have a very rich Brief, you will find something soon.

ikyut

I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

If you are interested in teaching, I know a place in Edmonton that is starting up soon... that will be looking for teachers. I will talk to the guy again and find out if there are still looking for yeah!
                    That, and I may know of a company here in Calgary that was looking for a senior graphic artist about a week ago. I am not sure if they are still looking, but I send then an email finding out if they are looking!

I will keep my eye out for yeah!
                    Im never gonna get used to the 31st century. Caffeinated bacon? Baconated grapefruit? ADMIRAL Crunch?
                    Fry, Futurama

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles. What about the production department at a newspaper or printshop? Have you tried http://www.monster.com

Coconut

Comment

aww i'm sorry D-Frag.....you said out of state, so there are many job openings here in atlanta. try www.ajcjobs.com...if i come across anything..i'll let you know!!!

"BAN!"

Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.

Comment

thanks everyone.

Schools, most all of em will only take someone with a masters degree, i only have a AA.

coconut, thanks, but I did production for years, not my cup o' tea and ive had my resume on Monster for a couple months now...im up to 6 views...wooohooo.....

DD- ill check out the site thank you

Jeff if you hear of anything in Canada im more then willing to explore the possibility, let me know aye

A Tribute To Homer S.

digitalcamwhore

Comment

My graphics school hired someone who had just come out of their program. Didn't really speak english all that well, no teaching degree...possibly no degree at all. Not a very good teacher either. So there's always a chance!
                            Try googling it next time...

Comment

check out the teaching thing. for serious. even part time. check out those 'international art academy' and technical schools.

also, what about technical consultant at a uni? i know the tech-dudes at my uni could keep the computers going with paper-clips and chewing gum, but knew next to nothing about the programs we were using and would've loved someone to run interference with the students.

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X