X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Frag
    started a topic need job

need job

my business has basically gone under, im in serious need of some fundage, as for my skills here is a brief bio:

15 years of Sales
    6 years of customer service
    3 years of retail
    5 years of telemarketing
    5+ years of graphic design (traditional)
    6 months of photography
    2 years as electricians assistant
    5 years of labor

if anyone can help me out, ill peel pancakeing gum off carpet right about now, if anyone knows of any jobs in the graphic design/creative director/photography fields please let me know asap, ive done all i can as far as searching online, newpapers and getting my name out, but im still having no luck. If anyone knows of anything please let me know asap.

im looking for jobs in the creative field, but I will take a job in the above listings as I know anything helps. I will also take a job out of state, or the country for that matter....im desperate, and I don't want to work fast food.....any help appreciated.

A Tribute To Homer S.
    "Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races."

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep... in a blender."

"Marge, what's wrong? Are you hungry? Sleepy? Gassy? Gassy? Is it gas? It's gas, isn't it?"

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

"Ooh, the internet is on computers now."

"Son, when you attend sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."

"To start, press any key. Where's the 'any' key?"

"Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."
    digitalcamwhore

Guest replied
    D-frag Aquent has a job in NYC doing displays (right up your alley) they are starting at $24hr it's a three month assignment. Contact Jerry Magio at the NYC office.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Leave a comment:

• torque2k
    replied
    That's a key point in selling in the sign business. The quicker you can show the customer something, the faster you can close the deal. Signs are great, cheap to make, easy to install. Once you figure out the materials end of it, you'll find the profits are great (I used to get over 60% profit margin on simple 4'x8' panel signs on AlumaCore with two-color vinyl). Find someone willing to cut your vinyl for you (and teach you the best way to do your artwork for their cutters), and you'll get good pricing, and stay competitive and have fun. I loved the sign business; just too many of 'em around my area. [img]/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm a computer systems consultant and technician, but my business is very localized.
    However, feel free to check out my site, which always has new and interesting
    articles on using computers:
    CATALYST Techworks Consulting

Leave a comment:

• coconut
    replied
    There is a guy in austin who has worked out a deal with a sign company. He takes his laptop around to business and shows them what kind of a sign he would like to see them have right on the spot and he is making big $$

Coconut

Leave a comment:

• D-Zine
    replied
    damn! Maybe I need to move! LOL!

nahhh..I can't leave Savannah for some fkd up reason! lol

Boobie Island or Bust!

Leave a comment:

• defjoe
    replied
    been a little slow as of late Benjo, but I think that is because of the hurricanes.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
    'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'

Check out my indie comic book!
    www.assassinsguild.net/

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    morea said...
    Exactly! I love that quote by Thomas Edison (it was Edison, right benjo? [img]/emoticons/tongue.gif[/img] )
    Yea thats what I said. What did you think I'm dumb enough to confuse him with Jefferson. pfff what do you take me for?

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LOL @ Delete.

Dam Defjoe alot of GD jobs in Orlando.

Leave a comment:

• DeleteYourself
    replied
    You should go around town and pick up take out menus, catalogs and brochures for local businesses with ugly designs. Then convince them that they need you to redesign their sh!t to increase business.

Good luck, man. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for anything in SoFla.

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Leave a comment:

• Kool
    replied
    D-Frag you can have my job. Low pay, crappy working conditions, hostile work environment. What more could you want. [img]/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

I love children but I don't think I could eat a whole one.

Leave a comment:

• uncle carbunkle
    replied
    hell, google for sites that advertise jobs in dubai. you can sign a contract from 6moz to 3 years and earn a SH!TLOAD of money. live on american compounds, do a decent job, PAY OFF ALL OF YOUR BILLS and sock some away for later.

or go teach english in korea.

even for one year, you'll make a friggin' fortune.

:: Durable and doable in a swimsuit, yet not designed for surfing, cliff diving, extreme groping and other high-impact activities. ::

Leave a comment:

• defjoe
    replied
    D-frag

www.4aaf.com/member/jobs/listings/index.cfm

there is a job for a GD on there that is new. If your willing to move then you have a better chance at fiding a job.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
    'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'

Check out my indie comic book!
    www.assassinsguild.net/

Leave a comment:

• morea
    replied
    Exactly! I love that quote by Thomas Edison (it was Edison, right benjo? [img]/emoticons/tongue.gif[/img] ) Keep the faith in yourself, DFrag. Benjo's right... there are times when we have to to what we have to do to make ends meet, but be sure to keep your hand in something creative, even part time. You're great at what you do. Don't give up, just look for different opportunities.

When job searching I've found that you have to look in strange places. I'm currently searching under the following titles: Advertising, Art Director, Copy Editor, Designer, Desktop Publisher, Digital Prepress, Editor,
    Graphic Designer, Marketing, Prepress, Proofreader, Publisher. There are so many names for related jobs that it's a headache just trying to list them! I'm sure that you'll find something you like. The hardest thing about looking for a job is keeping a positive attitude and not giving up. Best of luck, my friend.

You've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    D-frag get a part-time in anything and the rest of the time write tutorials for Allen. He'll pay you just work something out with him your a mod here man you can defiently write some tuts for Allen.

In 2001 I had no job layed off had a 9 month old babie at home and my wife. I took a job in the shipping department for a crapy company man. I had to feed my daughter and we had to pay rent. Get anything cause anything is better then nothing.

Then build you freelance up again. You never fail untill you give up. Thomas Jefferson blew up 10,000 light bulbs before he invented one that worked. He said I haven't failed I just figured 10,000 ways how not to do it.

Leave a comment:

• torque2k
    replied
    Think 'outside the box'... go beyond normal design studios and such. Look at local sign shops, awning manufacturers, screenprinting companies... none of which will need a web-savvy artist! Good luck, brutha, I'm nearly in the same boat as you, trying to drum up enough business to keep my head above water! You'll make it; take temp jobs if you must for the time being. Whereever you decide to possibly relocate, make sure you ask around, for people living there. Ask questions about cost-of-living, you know, apartment and housing prices, what gas and bread and milk go for, is there an active community in general, artists in particular...

I'm a computer systems consultant and technician, but my business is very localized.
    However, feel free to check out my site, which always has new and interesting
    articles on using computers:
    CATALYST Techworks Consulting

Leave a comment:

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Portfolio usage of work
    PrintDriver
    Why would you have someone else's work on your portfolio site?
    Why would you not honor a takedown notice?
    Doesn't matter if you don't claim copyright, or even if you credit the work appropriately....
    Today, 07:50 PM
  • John G
    Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
    John G
    I'd recommend colored borders. love it that you can scroll down and I think "get all the information". Unfortunately, it's in a foreign language none of anything seems to whittle anythng down,...
    Today, 07:28 PM
  • MikeTyler
    Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
    MikeTyler
    The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
    Today, 06:31 PM
  • John G
    Reply to visually pleasing web design
    John G
    Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Today, 06:26 PM
  • Thug-D
    Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
    Thug-D
    I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
    Today, 05:58 PM
GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X