Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• imonkey89
    Comment on Landscape Photography Blog - Logo
    imonkey89
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, Pavlo!

I would obviously prefer that the logo had something to do with photography, but I'm quite against the cliche 'aperture blades' 'crop marks'...
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • Akasha
    Reply to Some of my sketches, my true passion!
    Akasha
    Here are a couple more:

Yesterday, 11:38 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to doubt in designing a logo for web and print
    Buda
    As the others have already said, DON'T USE PHOTOSHOP FOR LOGOS!!!!

Now that is out of the way, you have a few options. Learn to use Illustrator, or combine forces with a graphic designer...
    Yesterday, 10:03 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    Buda
    I think it's lacking in punctuation....unless you are going for that broken English look?

My advice is to show only 1 sentence per grouping. That way you don't have to worry about punctuation...
    Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    Buda
    What is the average salary in India?

Salaries vary so much and depend on: location, skill level, demand, company. A print designer in one state is can be paid a different salary to another...
    Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feeling the crunch of the recession?

Soo yea, apparently my boss is pissed off at me for some reason that a company backed out on paying him so he can take off 2 weeks to work on a book project thats probably not going to launch at the rate we are going.
    And lets not talk about the fun emails I've gotten today at work.

And honestly, when your boss tells you they are about to retire, what can you really do exactly? I hear it all the damn time lately, and quiet frankly could give a shit less. But dinging around and not really working to your full potential is dragging all of us down and personally, Im ready to just uproot and go into medical illustration.

If your boss is telling you he is about to retire, and there doesn't appear to be a second in command to take up the reins, definitely start looking for a new job.

Comment

It seems that anything medical is seperating Americans from their wallets more these days than ever. Medical illustration sounds like a start for sure.
      WYSIWYG

Comment

We got crunched where I work when the housing market dried up. First our real estate clients stopped calling, then the land developers then their ancillary businesses like title people.

Then instead of getting out and pounding the pavement for new clients, the owner of the company decided to take time off to develop his non-existant fine art career... (what professional artists would call a hobby)

Now the cuts are coming in. Couriers, out. Sales people, now commision only - half left immediately, My job was cut to half time, then again to virtually no time (8 hrs per week) starting next week (I'm quitting on thursday though so F them in the A (pardon my caps)lol).

yeah man recession sucks. but if you think this is bad, just wait until the recession cuts hit all those (us) people who got their educations with student loans in the last 10 years... when there are massive defaults on all those shakey loans it will be way worse than the subprime crisis. trust me.

Comment

There is no recession, Dubya said so just the other day, you're all just imagining things like that 4 dollar a gallon gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Kool
            There is no recession, Dubya said so just the other day, you're all just imagining things like that 4 dollar a gallon gas.
            What, gas is closing in on $4? I've not heard of that.
            Attached Files
            WYSIWYG

Comment

Economy got you down? Just scale back your expenses, you wastrels.

Take me (please!). When Valentine's Day came around this year, as it always does, I could have done the big corporations a favor and bought my girlfriend a colorful bouquet with entrancing natural fragrances. But instead I saved mucho dinero by presenting her with a fistful of grass that I pulled out of the ground. Not only was my gift economical, it had the personal touch.

Feeling the burn, Hallmark?

Comment

Well, recession is an economic technical term. A recession equals two or more consecutive quarters of negative economic growth.

If the growth of the economy slows down from 3% to 0.5% over the course of a year, then goes back up again at some point, there was never a recession. If the economy goes negative for one quarter, then positive for the next, there was never a recession.

I haven't heard anything about negative economic growth, so technically right now it's a slowdown, not a recession.

Not that it sucks any less when you lose your job because of a slowdown as opposed to a recession, though.

Comment

lmao Ben .. you crack me up

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

It really hasn't affected me directly, though since a fair chunk of our clients are in real estate things have slowed up here a little. My boss does panic more now when any client decides to go to another printer instead of going though us.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Were getting hit. Our customers have no business so we have no business. Fired 8 people and the whole office had to take a 5% pay cut.

yea. economy's great.
                      www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Black_Knight
                        Well, recession is an economic technical term. A recession equals two or more consecutive quarters of negative economic growth.
                        I wonder if the oil and defense industries are enough to keep it above negative by themselves.

Comment

I wonder if the oil and defense industries are enough to keep it above negative by themselves.
                          Don't forget Wall Street and our CEOs.
                          WYSIWYG

Comment

I wonder if the oil and defense industries are enough to keep it above negative by themselves
                            not with the calls to cut back government spending

already lost my job because of it too
                            Last edited by John G; 03-05-2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

It is effecting me, well, the hubbie anyways. The recession talk has put him into "penny pinching miser" mode. He's already started following me around the house turning off lights. This morning I thought the coffee pot was broke only to find out he had unplugged it. "It has those red lights on it that cost money light up" he said. Pretty soon he'll shutting off my compu

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X