Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to How can I place 30 seperate quotes into one poster while still acheiving a nice look?
    PrintDriver
    Remember, posters don't have to be rectangles. Or, even if it is a rectangle, the words don't have to fill a rectangle. Think outside the box.
    Today, 04:09 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Law Firm Logo
    seamas
    While it isn't the most exciting logo in the world, I don't really think a Lawyer's office needs the excitement of a Rock star logo.

I think the fancier the logo (for a lawyer), the less...
    Today, 03:38 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Logo Critique, Please
    seamas
    The d/9 thing is just reading as an abstraction--I am not scanning it as two distinct characters joined, but as one single glyph.

On second scan, that D is just reading as a 6--especially...
    Today, 03:33 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    seamas
    Until I read the bit about a bird, I didn't see a bird.

I saw a book--and I have to agree that the book=education logo idea is tired and well worn.

The only other thing I thought...
    Today, 03:29 PM
  • B
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    B
    I'm not so sure that the end result has to be such a literal interpretation of the subject. Quite often just hinting at things works even better. Google Cardinal Health's logo. It's similar but different...
    Today, 03:06 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubba Ho-tep

I thought this movie was going to be rediculously silly and got all fired up for an evening of stupid bum-jokes and silly slapstick humour.

The movie was suprisingly deep. I recommend it to everyone just to put on there "Have Seen" list. Yes there IS a bit of toiletry and silliness, but not what you expect from Bruce Campbell.

I actually love this movie and would watch it again.

I watched Passion of the Christ finally too....I'll stick with Bubba.

Anyone else ?

Corprolite happened.

Got 'The Passion of the Bloodbath' sitting on my DVD player for tonight's viewing, finally. As for Bubba, I'm all over Bruce Campbell's stuff, he can't make ENOUGH bad movies for me to hate him! I'll have to check it out.

I'm a computer systems consultant and technician, but my business is very localized.
    However, feel free to check out my site, which always has new and interesting
    articles on using computers:
    CATALYST Techworks Consulting

Comment

my bud just rented this bubba and insisted I see it.

as for the passion, saw that bloodbath in the theatres....ick, if you enjoy watching someone get beat on for 30 minutes straight, I highly recommend it!!!!

A Tribute To Homer S.
      "Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races."

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep... in a blender."

"Marge, what's wrong? Are you hungry? Sleepy? Gassy? Gassy? Is it gas? It's gas, isn't it?"

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

"Ooh, the internet is on computers now."

"Son, when you attend sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."

"To start, press any key. Where's the 'any' key?"

"Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."
      digitalcamwhore
      ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Woosh!

BB~:0)

Comment

Something just flew over my head....

Corprolite happened.

Comment

Eventually...

BB~:0)

Comment

yeah, bubba ho-tep is a very interesting movie. first time i was like wtf is going on here, but the more times i watch it, the more i like it. i also recommend it. as for the other... haven't seen it, have no intention. the only way i'd watch that thing is if i showed up at my friends house and they were going to, which i highly doubt would happen

...and remember, tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

I totally agree Keyare,
                I was expecting the same old Bruce Campbell one liner zombie bashing glory (not that it would have been a bad thing) but got something totally different. I think they really pulled it off, it was funny and introspective.
                I heard a rumour that they the Hollywood moguls were talking about Jason vs. Freddy vs. Ash. I heard that the people that hold the rights to the Ash character would only agree to the movie if they were also given access to funding to make Evil Dead 4 which would be the only good thing to come out of that deal.

Hale to the king baby.

Match in the gas tank, boom boom.
                • match in the gas tank, boom boom •

Comment

what is bubby ho tep about????

www.hirethisdesigner.com - portfolio
                  www.conceptprint.com - the company I work for

Comment

Bubba Ho Tep was awesome.

BUT SHAUN OF THE DEAD WAS BETTER!

'They were a bit bitey'

Comment

BTW, they have an Evil Dead reference in Shaun of the Dead. Shaun announces (at work, before he goes out to clobber the zombies) that Ash is off for the day, and that he'll be filling in.

Comment

SOTD: That looks to be the sweetest new movie out! I've gotta scrape up some cash to see it soon... The premise sounds great, and it's been getting rave viewer reviews (not just critics)! 40th, is it mostly humorous, or does it tread the line between that and horror nicely?

I'm a computer systems consultant and technician, but my business is very localized.

Comment

I saw The Forgotten last weekend. That was cool.

ProudPenguin
                          P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Is that the one with the woman who's got memories flying out of her head, literally? Man, forgot about that one, looks cool, too! {sigh} Need to get hooked up with free movie tickets for life...

Comment

torque2k: SOTD was solidly between. Every time you settled down thinking, 'Ok, it's just funny,' another jolt would come. Pretty awesome movie. Destined to be a classic. Also had a lot of references to previous zombie flicks, including Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, etc.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X