X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need illy help fast n furious style

Acccccck, im on a super tight deadline, trying to get a .pdf out of Illy 10, the problem im having is im getting an error message that read 'an unknown problem occured, protected fonts cannot be embedded' The other error message for the other font im using is this 'Unable to embed the font, protectecd fonts cannot be embedded'

Im saving as Acrobat 5.0, preserving illy settings, embed all fonts, subset when less then 100%, and creating a thumbnail.

anyone know what I can do to get this to work, I had no problems when doing this at work an hour ago, but when I got home im having these problems. Oh yeah, and illy is doing some wierd shit about updating the fonts that im using even though i have em loaded in ATM.

fonts im having issues with: BickleyScriptLetPlain, and BertholdScript-Regular

Win XP, Illy 10, any help mucho appreciated!

A Tribute To Homer S.
    "Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races."

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep... in a blender."

"Marge, what's wrong? Are you hungry? Sleepy? Gassy? Gassy? Is it gas? It's gas, isn't it?"

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

"Ooh, the internet is on computers now."

"Son, when you attend sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."

"To start, press any key. Where's the 'any' key?"

"Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."
    digitalcamwhore
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

I know this is really obvious but can't you convert em to outlines first.

I love children but I don't think I could eat a whole one.

Comment

Okay, im just gonna say pancake it, and open it in ps and make my pdf that way, however, im still really curious as to why this doesn't work at home, but will work on my office puter. oh yeah, and im on a brand new, fresh XP install, so needless to say I haven't done jack shit to my preferences or anything in ps or illy, so that may be whats causing it.

A Tribute To Homer S.
      "Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races."

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep... in a blender."

"Marge, what's wrong? Are you hungry? Sleepy? Gassy? Gassy? Is it gas? It's gas, isn't it?"

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

"Son, when you attend sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."

"Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."
      digitalcamwhore
      ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Kool said...
        I know this is really obvious but can't you convert em to outlines first.
        yeah i can, its very obvious, but the thing is, i wanted to keep my text editable, as of right now i just made an outlined layer, saved it with a different name, and it works, just a huge pain the ass. Like I said, works at work, but not at home, just pancakeing wierd if you ask me.

A Tribute To Homer S.

digitalcamwhore

Comment

try printing as a pdf and not saving as pdf ... it's completely different than the save as option. if acrobat is properly installed it should offer that option in your printer selection. i do not recommend saving any illustrator or photoshop files as pdf's because there is no compression which is why pdf's are so great (crossplatform, small file size, etc.....)

also, there are some quirks with illustrator on xp ... as if you didn't know already.

Instead of focusing on what you won’t be about, decide what you will be about and make that good thing the central aim of your life. -- Pieter Van Waarde
          Short Attention Gamer | UFClounge

Comment

This is a long shot... but I remember reading a post a week or so ago describing the same problem, it turned out they were fonts off the net and needed purchasing.
            Maybe the problem or maybe not...

Comment

Yeah, some fonts come with a license restriction. But D-Frag could use them at work.
              Some Adobe posters (and I think I saw this in here too a couple weeks ago) are saying that even though they are getting the error message, the fonts are being embedded. You should check in Acrobat by forcing it to use embedded fonts in display (and I don't use Acrobat enough to tell you where that is).

Where's DZ??? She might know.
              Curled up with her new puter no doubt...
              <sigh>

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

LOL @ PD ;o) (do I say that too you ALOT or is it just me?? heh)

D-Frag...are these fonts you downloaded online? It sounds like that could be your problem and they would have to be purchased in order for your PDF to work, like PD said. I would just save it as another name so you don't save over your orig. doc and create outlines for your text like said above. That should do it for you even tho I realize you are prolly done by now...LOL

I would print to a PS file in Illus (IF you have Distiller handy)...and then drop that PS file into Distiller to create your PDF. Be sure you have your job options in Distiller set to embedd all fonts. You may also want to set the job to cancel if embedding fails...a pain in the a$$ but its a good feature. DO you use Distiller ever? It's become a close friend of mine....LOL

Boobie Island or Bust!
                I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

I <3 Distiller, too

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

LOL
                    Seriously...Distiller is a tool everyone should have when sending a PDF to print!

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

what's distiller? [img]/emoticons/tongue.gif[/img]

A Tribute To Homer S.

digitalcamwhore

Comment

I'm glad to know that yer joking D-Frag!! LOL! Or else I'd hafta give ya a quick kick in the rear! It surprises me how many designers don't use it or even know what it is tho!

Isane! Madness!!!! Crap...late for work.......!!!!!!! LOL

Boobie Island or Bust!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X