Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    PanToshi
    Yep, like I said, freelancers who are hoping to work full-time for the company for which they are occasionally freelancing are unemployed designers who are freelancing until they find full-time work.
    Today, 02:40 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    The "freelancers" are basically there to be called in if a big project comes up and they need the extra hand, and these are designers hoping to get a full time spot at the company.
    Today, 01:51 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who won the debate?

All partisanship and preconceived notions aside....

From an objective standpoint (if this is possible, who won the debate?

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

I missed it.. I had class.. STUPID SCHOOL!!!

* Vote Debz 2004 *

I will end terrorism, Stupidity, Laziness and eliminate all the slackers who drag us down. Do not screw wit me.. buahaha! Debz - 2004

Comment

imo, kerry won. i can't stand listening to bush. he always sounds dumb to me.
      btw, i was surprised they never talked about the economy and healthcare... only the 'war on terror'

...and remember, tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

It was Debz! Her and DD are going to be the winning ticket this year! They've got my vote!

Actually, I watched the whole thing from start to finish, and I have to say that both candidates scored some points. I was sort of surprised that the candidates didn't know what questions would be asked as they were going in to the debate.

You kind of expect Kerry (who graduated from Yale) to be a good speaker, but I was surprised at how much more well-spoken George W. Bush was than he was in 2000. At the end of the night, it's a tough call, but I think he came out on top.

You've gotta do what you've gotta do.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Theres supposed to be 3 debates. The 1st was supposed to be the war.

* Vote Debz 2004 *

I will end terrorism, Stupidity, Laziness and eliminate all the slackers who drag us down. Do not screw wit me.. buahaha! Debz - 2004

Comment

LOL Ohhh TY Morea!!

* Vote Debz 2004 *

Comment

That's what I heard... the first topic was the war on terror / homeland security.

I was kind of surprised not to hear more about homeland security.

Comment

'Theres supposed to be 3 debates. The 1st was supposed to be the war.'

-oh, i didn't know that... thanks! what are the topics of the other two?

Comment

Thanks, morea! I thought Kerry was way more well-spoken. Truth be told, Bush wasn't as bad as I expected (content aside), but he was a little less prepared and seemed caught off guard a few times. Kerry was just more polished and direct (for once).

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

FYI - from CNN

October 8: Second presidential debate

Length of debate: 90 minutes, starting at 9 p.m. ET
                    Topics: No limits on topics, but the debate agreement states that as many questions on foreign policy and homeland security will be asked as are questions on economic and domestic policy.
                    Moderator: 'Good Morning America' anchor Charles Gibson
                    Format: A town hall forum, with candidates sitting on stools. The 100 to 150 audience members will be selected by the Gallup organization, which will invite an equal number of 'soft' Bush supporters and 'soft' Kerry supporters. The audience will submit questions to the moderator, who will then choose who participates. At least 16 questions will be asked, with the candidates taking turns answering first. The moderator is to cut off any audience member who strays from his or her approved question.

October 13: Third presidential debate

Length of debate: 90 minutes, starting at 9 p.m. ET
                    Topics: Economic and domestic policy
                    Moderator: 'Face the Nation' anchor Bob Schieffer
                    Format: Candidates will stand at podiums, with no audience participation. The moderator will ask at least 16 questions. A candidate will get two minutes to respond to a question; the other candidate will get 90 seconds to comment on the question or to respond to his rival's answer.

Comment

i agree-- bush did seem caught off guard a few times. i also felt kerry seemed to use his time better. he kept ending with a pretty strong statement

Comment

Didn't Bush go to Yale too? And Harvard? After all, Kerry and Bush were both in Yale's Skull & Bones secret society. They're fraternity brothers for crying out loud!

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

It's hard to say when you sit there and know that they are both full of crap! They have to be...they are politicians!! I was a little bothered by the immaturity of Kerry and the little comments. I also didn't think that Kerry focused much on what he would do exactly. He seemed to focus a lot more on what he felt Bush did wrong. I don't agree with everything that Bush did but I definitely agree about needing a very strong Commander and Chief. It is hard to support someone who says to our soldiers you are there for the wrong reason. They don't want to hear that. They want someone who is going to finish the job they are there to do. Not just pull out as quickly as possible. That won't solve anything. I think Kerry is a bit more well spoken but I think Bush is a little more at the level of everyday ppl. Just my opinion. But that's why I love this country. I am allowed to have one!! My one personal issue with some Kerry supporters is that they only support him because they don't like what Bush has done. That bothers me...it means you just want to put someone in office to get him out. Not put him there because he'll do better?!

When I die, I have a free ride to Heaven! I will have alreadydone my time in Hell...at the local printshop!!

Comment

...but isn't that a good reason if you strongly oppose the decisions bush has made?

Comment

awww thx morea..lol........who's gonna run against us Debz? huh? HUH? HUUUUHHHH????

He he...I actually completely forgot that was on last night...I had gone to my best friends to drop soemthign off and ended up there for a couple hours and came home to the end of it....DOH! I'll watch the next one....

****DD4VP****

"BAN!"

Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X