X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeleteYourself
    started a topic Who won the debate?

Who won the debate?

All partisanship and preconceived notions aside....

From an objective standpoint (if this is possible, who won the debate?

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

• Debz
    replied
    LMFAO DY!

*</font> Vote</font> Debz</font> &</font> DD</font> 2004</font> *</font>

I will end terrorism</font>, Stupidity</font>, Laziness</font> and eliminate all the slackers who drag us down</font>. Do not screw wit me.. buahaha! Debz & DD - 2004</font>

Leave a comment:

• morea
    replied
    uh-oh

The more people I meet, the more I love my cats.

Leave a comment:

• DeleteYourself
    replied
    defjoe said...
    I hate mexicans
    That's messed up, Joe!

[img]/emoticons/rofl.gif[/img]

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Leave a comment:

• defjoe
    replied
    I hate mexican

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
    'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'

Check out my indie comic book!
    www.assassinsguild.net/

Leave a comment:

• reuber1
    replied
    I think I'm the only one who hates tacos altogether, and I've only eaten at Taco Bell once in my life. When I was in Cancun this summer I didn't see one single taco, which kinda made me happy.

"Oh wow man! Right beside the snack bar man!" -Tommy Chong

Leave a comment:

• Debz
    replied
    hard.. I likes em nice n hard.. LOL

*</font> Vote</font> Debz</font> &</font> DD</font> 2004</font> *</font>

I will end terrorism</font>, Stupidity</font>, Laziness</font> and eliminate all the slackers who drag us down</font>. Do not screw wit me.. buahaha! Debz & DD - 2004</font>

Leave a comment:

• morea
    replied
    Ok - hmmm.... what's a good one.... ooh!

tacos: hard shell or soft?

The more people I meet, the more I love my cats.

Leave a comment:

• DeleteYourself
    replied
    I don't get why gay marriage is even an issue. I'm happy for anyone who's in love. Period.

Next topic.

Leave a comment:

• reuber1
    replied

"Two things:
    First, the Constitution was not designed to restrict the rights of American citizens, it was designed to guarantee their rights. Any attempt to limit the rights of a subset of Americans on the basis of something such as race, sexual orientation, or religion, is contrary to the spirit of the Constitution.

Second, the founding fathers were so traditional as to exclude many rights from women and black people, among other groups. They are not our contemporaries. Looking to them for moral guidance with respect to civil rights in our time would be to deny the enlightenment behind suffrage and the Civil Rights Act."

Thank you, malakai. Exactly what I was getting at about abortion and gay marriage.

"Oh wow man! Right beside the snack bar man!" -Tommy Chong

Leave a comment:

• wango
    replied
    I completely agree 40thCent, and I wasn't condemning all media, I'm saying as an American citizen, a lot of us are deprived of unbiased viewpoints and political perspectives by the American media juggernaught. And if you read my post again - when I said; 'Wake up...' I was referring to the ignorant people who say:

'I hate Bush because I'm a liberal', or 'I hate Kerry because all democrats support abortion'.

...that I increasingly come in contact with, not America in general. I prefer many international news sources to domestic as well, my favorite being the BBC - (they had a great editorial piece once about why America is often disliked by global society, that got me hooked), but we - as residents of this nation are oft deprived of such refreshing perspectives & viewpoints. Im not trying to change the world - a silly notion, just expressing my young, objective views of a society I have increasingly began to loathe.

-I agree ignorant people shouldn't be encouraged to vote, but we all are plagued with it's wretchedness to some degree.

Viva la ignorancia!

***VWANGA FOR PRESIDENT***
    ***ZARTAN FOR VICE PRESIDENT***
    2004 - Forever!

First America -Then The World!

"Were not asking for your vote people,were pancaking demanding it!"

Leave a comment:

• 40thCentDesign
    replied
    Vwanga sez: Im just a kid who realizes the patheticness of our political & media driven ignorance...

40th sez: Well, back when I was 18 I started freelance writing for various magazines & newspapers (long before I started GD). I used a lot of the 'Wake up!' rhetoric back then. No offense, but it always comes off bad. I cringe when I read the crap I wrote back then.

As far as media... it really depends on the media you rely on. I usually read news online from the AP and Reuters, but also read BBC and Guardian reports (English papers are little more 'no holds barred' than the US). For opinion, National Review Online, Slate, Lileks, Arts & Letters Daily, and the Atlantic Monthly. So if you condemn all media and politics, you aren't gonna get anywhere.

I think more people are savvy than you may think. And (thank god) most of the folks that I know that aren't politically savvy don't vote.

Leave a comment:

• wango
    replied
    40thCentDesign said...
    I also hate the phrase 'Wake up, America!!!' Usually used by conservative nut-jobs or left-wing crazies who assume that their brilliant insights will cause everyone to awake from their intellectual slumber and begin to think exactly like them.

Bleh.

----------------------------

Every pancaking election we are promised; lower prescription drug prices, major tax breaks, tougher corporate accountability, education reform & extra recess. Yet President by elected President, these fundamentals of growth & progress continue to go unreformed. I am in no way trying to start some pathetic alternative revolution or wake the nation from their cerebral slumber; Im just stating the obvious. 'Promises' continue to go un-kept - by almost every party & subsequent career politician at almost every political level, and yet we continue to vote for them because their often the lesser of two evils. I don't think I have to elaborate or justify the partisan moralities of the American politician to prove my point. No Im not some wack-job pundant Im just a kid who realizes the patheticness of our political & media driven ignorance (yes, me too).

...And if you are assuming Im aligned with any of the partisan traits you specified above, your ignorance shows 40thCentDesign. But I do appreciate your counterpoint.

***VWANGA FOR PRESIDENT***
    ***ZARTAN FOR VICE PRESIDENT***
    2004 - Forever!

First America -Then The World!

"Were not asking for your vote people,were pancaking demanding it!"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

[quote]

40thCentDesign said...

Reply to Reuber1:

I just don't trust Bush...if he gets re-elected, he'll try to get who he wants into the Supreme Court and then he can make changes to the constitution that will probably ban gay marriage ("ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL...unless you're gay") and make abortions illegal (why more women support Bush than Kerry is beyond me...Bush wants to take away a woman's right to choose);

The founding fathers of the country were extremely traditional on moral issues, so I doubt that a gay marriage "ban" would be contrary to the spirit of the Constitution.Two things:

First, the Constitution was not designed to restrict the rights of American citizens, it was designed to guarantee their rights. Any attempt to limit the rights of a subset of Americans on the basis of something such as race, sexual orientation, or religion, is contrary to the spirit of the Constitution.

Second, the founding fathers were so traditional as to exclude many rights from women and black people, among other groups. They are not our contemporaries. Looking to them for moral guidance with respect to civil rights in our time would be to deny the enlightenment behind suffrage and the Civil Rights Act.

Leave a comment:

• 40thCentDesign
    replied
    I also hate the phrase 'Wake up, America!!!' Usually used by conservative nut-jobs or left-wing crazies who assume that their brilliant insights will cause everyone to awake from their intellectual slumber and begin to think exactly like them.

Bleh.

Leave a comment:

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Work from UK for an US company
    PrintDriver
    Then you would be a business operating in the UK subject to all the laws and taxes of being a business in the UK.
    Definitely cover your bases....
    Today, 09:41 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to The right typography
    PrintDriver
    My guess is a translation issue.
    Body copy maybe?

The typography is design dependent. If you are designing a magazine for children, the typefaces used are going to be different from...
    Today, 09:37 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to The right typography
    KitchWitch
    Hi Maarten and welcome to GDF.

What is bread text?

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside...
    Today, 08:49 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Hello Guys
    KitchWitch
    Hi Torieyang and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 08:46 AM
  • Maarten
    The right typography
    Maarten
    Hi guys!

I'm a designer student from the Netherlands and this semester we are creating an offline magazine so that means that we need to print it.
    Well the question is, I find it really...
    Today, 07:38 AM
GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X