Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Reply to Need color choice help on logo design...
    Lucifer
    What does this company do?
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    You're in danger of having too many elements. If you're going to make something of the W being different, make it noticeably different (I assumed the Woodruff was in the W font, and took me a while to...
    Today, 04:46 AM
  • jwood
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    jwood
    Thanks for the thoughts and questions. I had several tries with the same font but it always looked too plain. The different fonts seemed to help the logo to stand out but still look professional. I'll...
    Today, 04:31 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to The End of Adobe Creative Suite is upon us...Creative Cloud shift
    EmberMike
    Resurrecting an oldie here...

I've been a CS6 holdout but now I'm at a point where I need to buy After Effects and I can't find a reasonable price on it anywhere. My upgrade to CC may be...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • B
    Comment on Hey guys, I'm wondering which domain name sounds better.
    B
    You might try always spelling it out with mixed case, as in MichelleBethDean.com. Domain names aren't case sensitive, so it'll work with no problem. It'll also eliminate any confusion over what it says...
    Today, 02:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google ads

Hey Allen... do you get 'extra credit' if we click on the google ads from time to time?

You've gotta do what you've gotta do.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

nah, i don't think so, it is a CPM (cost per number shown). So don't sweat it <g>

allen harkleroad<a target="_blank" href="mailto:H@rklerod" target=_blank>
    </A>"Sleeping on the job.... again"

Visit Our Magazine: www.DesignerToday.com

Get inside my head at www.DontFear.com

BuyThisToday.com

Shop.DesignerToday.com
    Allen Harkleroad
    Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

just checking! [img]/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

You've gotta do what you've gotta do.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Allen, since someone's asking about them I was wondering if you can request content.
        I'm seeing a awful lot of hosting ads and '6 web pages designed for a dollar' stuff. But no OEM. The OEM is all I really care about though.
        Don't usually even notice them but I was reading them last nite while playing.

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

Yeah, like maybe ads touting 'OEM software' and 'ink deals', maybe 'hardware specials' and 'closeouts'... I'd click on those. 'Tutorials' and 'training' ads would be good, too.

I'm a computer systems consultant and technician, but my business is localized to West Michigan.
          However, feel free to check out my site, which always has new and interesting
          articles on using computers:
          CATALYST Techworks Consulting

Comment

If you do see OEM ads, please get the exact site URL, so i can block them and of course report them to the proper folks, google says they won't do anything about them (i guess they suck up to the almighty dollar talking), but my anti-piracy friends at several well known companies and the BSA sure like to do soemthing about them. I would say over half of these OEM ads are fronts for russian scam artists, all they want most of the time is your creidt card number. Anyone stupid enough to fall for it desrves what they get. Most fo the comapnies involved (Adobe, Macromedia, etc.) don't even offer OEM versions, too bad people don't have to take a mandatory class befroe their even allowed on the Internet, then there would be less spam, piracy, phishing, etc. I try to educate our computing and networking clients and even individuals that call and ask questions, i try really hard to educate as many folks as I can. I am probably going to write a series of do's and dont's regarding the internet and hopefully reach a braoder audience and i hope that my efforts help in some way so others don't get hit with the various BS happening today. The Internet is a great tool, but to the uneducated (in regards to what not to do) it is like walking througha big cities housing projectsat 3am with 100 dollar bills glued to your clothes, you know soemthing is going to take them down and beat them, then rob them, and then rob them some more...

allen harkleroad<a target="_blank" href="mailto:H@rklerod" target=_blank>
            </A>"Sleeping on the job.... again"

Visit Our Magazine: www.DesignerToday.com

Get inside my head at www.DontFear.com

BuyThisToday.com

Shop.DesignerToday.com
            Allen Harkleroad
            Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X