Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room Wall Design

..hello people..

..i am new here, so if i chose the wrong forum sorry..

..i need some help..i am allmost done redecorating my room and i only need to paint the walls..
    ..i don't want them to be just white or covered with posters but i can't get any idea what to do with them so i was wondering if any of you had a sugestion or a solution to this "problem"..
    ..what did you do with your walls..
    ..thanks..

Watch a few episodes of 'Trading Spaces' on The Learning Channel, and you'll get enough ideas (good and bad) to finish your project. Last time I did room decorations (my last house before our new build), I did my daughter's room in blue solid floor to chair rail, white chair rails and trim, and pale yellow and white solid 6' stripes. Very subtle, very U of M! [img]/emoticons/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I also painted my son's room sky blue with a green grassy hilly area below, and did little bug cartoons all over. He loved it!

Kitchen was more subdued, pale green walls, with white trim and chair rails, and below the chair rails I did a rag-roll removal texture, with a really light green solid flat color covered by a dark olive green, and rolled towels over the wet dark paint to reveal the light green. Totally accidental (cheese cloth idea didn't work right), but looked killer!

I'm a computer systems consultant and technician, but my business is localized to West Michigan.
    However, feel free to check out my site, which always has new and interesting
    articles on using computers:
    CATALYST Techworks Consulting

Comment

Hi djuki, welcome to the forum. I put paneling on my wall but I know that's not for everybody. Check out the websites for HGTV and The Discovery channel and This Old House. All those remodeling shows have websites and you can get some ideas there. Oh and if you do a multi color scheme get lots of that blue masking tape. The stuff is great. [img]/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

I love children but I don't think I could eat a whole one.

Comment

If you have some cash you can get custom wallpaper printed. That could be fun. And definitely would be an original.

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

..thanks for advices..

..i am a bit too old for sky blue+grassy hill walls but thanks anyway..

..i tought about printing a wallpaper and that is curently the best idea i have..i am trying to find some b/w photos of human siluet or something like that..

Comment

murals are always fun if you are artistically inclined and don't have qualms about your carpets colours matching your walls colours

Match in the gas tank, boom boom.
            match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

..i'm not looking for anythihg too complicated or to artistic..
              ..i am looking for something minimalistic, a simple photo b/w or just a few colors, they don't have to represent anything but it has to be something special..actualy i don't even know what i'm looking for but when i see it i'll know..

Comment

I like very large circles

What do I look like a smoken monkey?

Comment

When I lived at my 'rents house I had a wall in panelling... I hated it so I bought 2 colours (pastel yellow and VERY light pastel green) then I painted each vertical gap in the panelling, one green, one yellow. It actually worked out good, the verticals wern't the same width so it was speratic.

I have also bought one roll of wallpaper border that I liked and cut out the images and scattered them... and inbetween some painted a sillouette of the same image (of different sizes) from the wallpaper. Looked really unique.

That's my 2 cents.

Don't dunk the cat in the water!

Comment

..well i think i finaly got an idea..
                    ..since this is my work-room and chillout-room i decided to separate one from another and the colors are going to be diferent..
                    ..in my workspacethe walls are going to be in a bit darker color(not shure wich one yet) and on them i am going to draw some technical sketches (something like a blueprint since i am into techical drawing, maps...) and my chill area is going to be all light colors, mostly white walls and probably a b/w photo..something like that..
                    ..all coments are welcome..

Comment

speaking of.. I was thinking.. a Custom Border for my wall.. anyone ever get this done? what type of print shop should i look for to get a quote?

*</font> Vote</font> Debz</font> &</font> DD</font> 2004</font> *</font>

I will end terrorism</font>, Stupidity</font>, Laziness</font> and eliminate all the slackers who drag us down</font>. Do not screw wit me.. buahaha! Debz & DD - 2004</font>

Comment

Someone with a solvent base inkjet printer that'll print on vinyl or paper wallcovering.
                        I like the vinyl better cuz it doesn't stretch and shrink, making it easier to align long seams.
                        Borders would probably be done in lengths one over the other to maximize media so think about that when you design it.

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

PrintDriver said...
                          Borders would probably be done in lengths one over the other to maximize media so think about that when you design it.
                          what does that mean? lol kinda of like a tile BG? one lil section would be repeated throughout the whole border?

sry [img]/emoticons/ibf-iamstupid.gif[/img]

*</font> Vote</font> Debz</font> &</font> DD</font> 2004</font> *</font>

I will end terrorism</font>, Stupidity</font>, Laziness</font> and eliminate all the slackers who drag us down</font>. Do not screw wit me.. buahaha! Debz & DD - 2004</font>

Comment

Just think of it as the border strips printed in sections and stacked up rather than as one long roll.
                            The media itself comes on a roll about 36' or 54' wide by whatever length. They will stack em into that 36' or 54' width to avoid waste.
                            You or they will have to trim them apart.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X