Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    kemingMatters
    I also vote keep it BUT I think you should consider bumping it down a few point sizes to soften it's intensity a bit.

I would also suggest you revisit the kerning and consider joining some...
    Today, 01:26 PM
  • monica100
    Reply to Photos and banner ads...
    monica100
    I thing photoshop is the best tool. You must to save pictures as jpeg or png with the final resolution and then you must to use a tool to reduce image size like optimizesuite.

Enj...
    Today, 11:43 AM
  • DanCMU
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    DanCMU
    The period, to me, makes it more of an assertion rather than a suggestion. I know that's not what that's used for (technically speaking) but it makes it pack a little more punch.

I vote to...
    Today, 11:03 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Dissertation topic
    PrintDriver
    What's a selfie?
    Just kidding.
    Narcissistic for the most part, more fleeting than a hashtag in general, and somehow people think they can make social statements with them. Society has become...
    Today, 10:48 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by urstwile
    Sorry if this got posted already, I don't remember, and I was too lazy to review the thread. I'll delete it if someone saw it in here already.

Bacon bowl
    I haven't seen that one before. That is so cool. Great party idea!
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• urst, will you marry me?

I think I want to fill that bacon bowl with scrambled eggs and hash browns, though!

buda, fun bowl!

Randomhero, those are great...I bet they'd be a hit for the kids...but I'd wear them too!
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Originally posted by Randomhero
        *crosses fingers* for an original

I currently own these, they were a gift from someone, along with bacon packing tape.

What's funny about the bandages is they make it look like you've really been jacked up, like in a bad meat chopping incident or something.

Originally posted by garricks
        urst, will you marry me?
        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

• Bacon-Garlic Chicken Breasts
          Yield: 1
          Ingredients:

1/4 cups Butter or margarine
          1 Clove garlic; minced
          2 teaspoons Dried parsley flakes
          1 teaspoon Grated lemon rind
          1/4 teaspoons Salt
          1/8 teaspoons Hot pepper sauce
          2 Whole chicken breasts (1 lb. each); halved
          4 Bacon slices; cut in half

Place butter and garlic in 12 x 7-inch baking dish. Microwave for about 1
          minute on High or until garlic is par- Italy cooked. Add remaining
          ingredients, except chicken breasts and bacon; mix well. Roll chicken
          breasts in seasoned butter; arrange skin side up and thick edges toward
          outside in buttered baking dish. Lay 2 half slices of bacon on each chicken
          breast. Cover dish with waxed paper. Microwave for 14 to 18 minutes on High or until meat is no longer pink in center. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
          Last edited by garricks; 06-05-2008, 03:23 AM.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Wow. It's random bacon-chicken night!

Chicken in Bacon Sauce
            Yield: 2
            Ingredients:

3/4 lb chicken breast tenders
            6 slices of bacon
            1 whole red pepper
            1/3 cup water chestnuts (rinsed)
            2 tlbsp brown sugar
            1/4 cup white vinegar
            2 tsp ground cinnamon
            2 tsp ground red pepper
            1/2 tsp garlic powder

Cut bacon into 2 inch pieces and gently brown in deep frying pan.
            Cut chicken into chunks and add to pan along with 2 cups of water.
            Add sugar, cinnamon, vinegar, pepper garlic, and water chestnuts.
            Use high heat to reduce the water to about half and chicken is cooked
            through. Add bite size slices of red pepper last and reduce a little
            bit more before serving.

Easy, quick, tasty, different

Comment

• Great find Urst!!!

I love those Random

....and here is my new favorite recipe Garricks reminded me

Apple Bacon Popovers

Ingredients

2 large eggs
              2 large egg whites
              2 cups 1% milk
              2 cups all-purpose flour
              2 teaspoons sugar
              1 teaspoon salt
              2 strips turkey bacon
              1 large apple
              1 tablespoon light, unsalted butter, melted
              Cooking Spray
              Apple Butter, optional

Instructions

In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites until well blended. Whisk in milk and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring well with a whisk. Let stand 30 minutes.

While batter is standing, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cook bacon strips until crispy. Drain, let cool, and finely chop. Coarsely grate apple, including peel. Coat a 9-cup popover pan with cooking spray. Fold the bacon, grated apple, and melted butter into batter, stirring until well blended. Pour batter into prepared popover cups until full. Bake at 450 degrees for 18 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve immediately with apple butter. Prep Time: 30 minutes. Total Time: 1 hour. Makes 9 servings.

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• Kittie, I just drooled on my keyboard over that!

I seem to be on a roll tonight... they keep popping up on http://michaelthompson.org/rotd/

Bacon-Wrapped Little Loaves
                Yield: 6
                Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds Lean ground beef
                1 cup Cheddar Cheese; Shredded,4 Oz
                1 Egg; lg
                1/4 cups Bread crumbs; dry
                1/4 cups Onion; Chopped, 1 Sm
                1/4 cups Lemon juice
                1/4 cups Green bell pepper; chopped
                1/2 cups Water
                1/2 teaspoons Beef Bouillon; Instant
                1 teaspoon Salt
                6 ThinSlicesofBacon,Cut In 1/2

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all of the ingredients, except the
                bacon, together. Shape the mixture into 6 small loaves. Crisscross 2 of
                the half slices of bacon across each loaf, tucking the ends under each
                loaf. Place the loaves on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake
                uncovered for 50 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
                Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #166

Comment

• Well Mr. Garricks ... I don't know about you but I could sure go for a midnight snack right now

that looks delish!

Comment

• Originally posted by garricks
                    Bacon-Garlic Chicken Breasts
                    Yield: 1
                    Ingredients:

1/4 cups Butter or margarine
                    1 Clove garlic; minced
                    2 teaspoons Dried parsley flakes
                    1 teaspoon Grated lemon rind
                    1/4 teaspoons Salt
                    1/8 teaspoons Hot pepper sauce
                    2 Whole chicken breasts (1 lb. each); halved
                    4 Bacon slices; cut in half

Place butter and garlic in 12 x 7-inch baking dish. Microwave for about 1
                    minute on High or until garlic is par- Italy cooked. Add remaining
                    ingredients, except chicken breasts and bacon; mix well. Roll chicken
                    breasts in seasoned butter; arrange skin side up and thick edges toward
                    outside in buttered baking dish. Lay 2 half slices of bacon on each chicken
                    breast. Cover dish with waxed paper. Microwave for 14 to 18 minutes on High or until meat is no longer pink in center. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
                    While the ingredients are lovely, I have never cooked meat in the microwave. The idea makes me queasy. Isn't the microwave just for reheating?

My boss's wife cooks a roast meat in the microwave for over 1 hour. The idea make me nauseous. I'd rather roast meat in the oven.
                    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• I've never really cooked large meat in a microwave .. but I have done, bacon, burgers, sausage and hotdogs... they have all turned out fine

I like roasts just that .. roasted

Comment

• Don't think I'd do bacon in a microwave, how do you get it to be crispy, Kat?
                        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

• Does anyone do toast in the microwave? I heard you could. Never tried it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by urstwile
                            Don't think I'd do bacon in a microwave, how do you get it to be crispy, Kat?
                            you gotta get one of these for microwave bacon

the one i have is on an incline so all the fat drips to the bottom and the bacon comes out very crispy i could really go for a blt now

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Bacon soap!!!

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Bacon-Soap/

blog/portfolio

Comment

• that is amazing! i wonder if it smells like bacon???

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X