X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by garricks View Post
    Not to second-guess Typically, but whenever I do beef in a show cooker I always dredge it in seasoned flour (1 cup flour, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper), then brown on all sides in a large, heavy skillet. This provides a nice, rich color and caramelization and helps seal in juices.

As for time, only Typ and Uncle Bill know for sure.
    I agree! And if you have it, butter is great for browning the meat with.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• i didn't flour it but i did brown it =] time wise i'm still not sure, mine could have been cooked for longer. i cooked it for 6 hours on low but i think 8 hours would have been much better. the meat was cooked but the carrots and potatoes were a little bit crunchy. it tasted really good though =]

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Bacon costume?

I THINK SO!!!!!!!

http://www.junkyardclubhouse.com/200...bacon-costume/
        Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

• LOL I can just see Frankster's family going out dressed as a side of bacon!! Hirarious!!!
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• i might do that for Halloween! i bet its hot as heck inside that though and i tend to sweet alot so it might not be the best idea =] so i probably won't do that but it is an awesome idea.... maybe i can get my GF to be bacon and i could be a big set of teeth just chasing her around all night

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• "fresh" bread crumbs=oxymoron?

The receipe in post #712 lists fresh bread crumbs. Aren't bread crumbs made from stale/dried bread?

We're having this for supper along with my freshly-baked bread (it was rainy today and I was bored...), and I don't get the fresh bread crumbs routine. I was going to dry some bread in the oven and smoosh it up w/a rolling pin, but thought I would check w/some of you cook-types around here on how bread crumbs can be fresh...
              "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

Comment

• Maybe it was bread and now freshly made into bread crumbs? I dunno, it seems weird to me too.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Typ, I am the same way... Hot weather + hot costume = Me going home alone!
                  Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

• AD,

In this case the bread crumbs should be fresh. Wonder bread won't work. It should be a firm, toothy bread. If your fresh-baked bread is still very moist, you can dry it for a bit, but it should not be toasty. You can tear the slices up, then pulse in a food processor. The idea is to lighten the structure while keeping the loaf moist.
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Oh. My. God.

Comment

• want!

Comment

• Oh boy, oh boy. I like duck. I love Peking Duck, Glazed Duck, and Duck Duck. But Duck Bacon..that's got to be super yummy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tea View Post
                            Oh boy, oh boy. I like duck. I love Peking Duck, Glazed Duck, and Duck Duck. But Duck Bacon..that's got to be super yummy.
                            Goose!

Duck Duck Goose, get it?

Comment

• Would you believe that I have never had duck before?

Comment

• Funny Garricks! Funny!

Really Ckret? Whoa...it's pretty tasty. I don't care for duck from the wild...too gamey and gets dry very easily. But farm fed ducks...yummo and Peking Duck is to die for. I've made it too, but what a PITA! I may venture into it again one day this year. It's so delicious.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X