Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to be blown away, watch Sherlock on Mystery Masterpiece Theater. Nothing else touches it.
    "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
    LinkedIn

Comment

• Originally posted by garricks View Post
      Heinz beans aren't sold in the US any more, except as British imports.
      They do sell them in the US, but the vegetarian version:

I had some last night.

I generally prefer Bush's vegetarian beans though.
      Popular not just for vegetarians, but also for people who don't eat swine!
      Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

• Wow, must be regional. I actually went looking for them after a Welsh friend mentioned English breakfasts with beans. I only found them in the import section of all three groceries I go to.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Originally posted by seamas View Post
          Popular not just for vegetarians, but also for people who don't eat swine!

[mybigfatgreekwedding]you don't eat no meat???.....ok I make you lamb[/mybigfatgreekwedding]

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• Now there's a fun movie I haven't seen in a while!
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Originally posted by garricks View Post
              Wow, must be regional. I actually went looking for them after a Welsh friend mentioned English breakfasts with beans. I only found them in the import section of all three groceries I go to.

We have those in the regular bean section, and then the UK ones in the import section.

The imported ones were pretty much everywhere when I lived in Queens (a neighborhood heavily populated with Irish nationals).

I was first introduced to them as a breakfast on a trip to Ireland almost 20 years ago.
              We found the "famous" Irish breakfast** to be nasty--and one friend of ours was vegetarian, so the proprietor's only suggested alternative was beans and toast.

**runny half-fried eggs and "bangers" (bland, fatty white sausage) .I will take a NYC breakfast over that mess any day of the week!
              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

• Lmaoooo ......we have slipped off the track to food talk

.....any hoooo I'm dying that I can't watch Lost until 10pm. If they aren't busy...11 if they are. Helpppp me!!!!

Comment

• Actually Kittie, we haven't. There's a story arc on Mad Men right now about Sterling trying to land Heinz beans as a client!

Comment

• Ahh.... Well then carry on

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                      Ahh.... Well then carry on
                      We do, we do.

The TV critics I follow are all aTwittter about renewals the last few days. i'm sad that Jorge Garcia's (LOST) Alcatraz was cancelled, but glad that Michael Emerson (LOST) and James Caviezel's Person of Interest was renewed. Still waiting on news of Smash, but frankly NBC can't afford to NOT renew it!

Comment

• I like all this talk about BEANS!

(toot!)
                        Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
                        The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
                        I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• ***could someone open a window!

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                            ***could someone open a window!

Comment

• Hahahahaa

Comment

• Beano? Nooooooo!!

Hey, getting ready to finish the last episode of season 4 of Mad Men. Last episode was nuts!
                                Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
                                The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
                                I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X