Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• murofwoh
    so, i have decided to start up a bit of freelancing
    murofwoh
    to help pay the bills. three kids, one a high school junior, plus some big bills coming due have forced my hand. one cool thing is I made this decision after someone asked me to help them out with some...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to Logo feedback needed
    murofwoh
    it isn't the worst logo I have ever seen, but it has a bit of a clip art feel to it, like you used a cityscape clip art then a clip art runner then a jet and melded the three. also more exploration with...
    Today, 01:14 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Dojo Dragon Shirt Design.
    BillyLogan
    Great job! Nice choice of colors - young, fun and very happy. Must agree with MaNL though about the character's emotion. But that is not much of an issue. Over-all, you did great, man!
    Today, 01:03 AM
  • cysir
    Comment on Personal Logo Concepts
    cysir
    Thanks for the response! I started out sketching, actually. Thanks for the link!
    Today, 01:00 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Sand Queen
    BillyLogan
    WOW! That's all I could say. You've got talent, man and I hope you'll hone it. At you are your work is very impressive and I can see that you've got an eye for art. Just keep it up and I wish you all...
    Today, 12:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Friday Evening...

So I go to one of the smaller malls in my area on Friday to get a birthday gift for my niece and do a little clothes shopping for myself. I can't stand the massive Garden State Plaza, it's just too huge, too many stores... stimulation overload. Paramus Park is a manageable size and I know it like the back of my hand.

So I walk out of the mall into the parking lot, and my car is nowhere to be found. I specifically remember the angle at which I approached the entrance, I knew I'd be parked on the left side of the aisle. I checked over four separate rows. My car was gone.

I could care less about the car, but I had a ton of wedding stuff in the car that I was going to drop off at my mom's: the brown palm fans I nearly had a nervous breakdown trying to find, centerpieces from my shower that were to be used at the rehearsal dinner, candles and lanterns to use on the outdoor patio tables, the dried lavender and mini organza bags for the 'toss'... I'd spent a lot of time, effort and gray hairs getting all this stuff organized. Would I really have to go through that all over again within the next 3 weeks?

I started panicking, to the point where I was just looking for a parking space with broken glass just to confirm my fears.

I call my fiance, who's about to go to his bachelor party, crying, saying my car was stolen. He tries to get me to calm down, retrace my steps, flag down security, call the cops. I agree that I should at least get in touch with mall security, so I hang up and start walking back to the mall to talk to security inside the building.

As I'm getting closer to the mall, I'm looking at the building and say to myself, "Why does that window have a different display than I remember when I first came? Where's the 'Old Navy' sign?"

Yes, I admit it. I had walked out the wrong entrance.

blog/portfolio

Oh man, Virgo, I was so prepared to offer sympathy, now I can only offer a "Whew! I'm glad it ended out to be okay!". I'm so glad it was operator error.
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

My heart sank when I read "brown palm fans." I remember what you had to go through...

I'm glad it worked out OK.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Heh heh, that's pretty funny, minus the few minutes of panic. I have this recurring dream that I can't find my car in some huge parking lot somewhere. There will always be several subplots going on in the dream while I'm trying to find it LOL.

Comment

My fiance is still laughing at me.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Bwah ha ha! You big spazzer! That's great! I'm glad your car was safe and sound. I think now you need to find some time to destress because you are beginning to show signs of mental retardation
            at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Yeah, I think Virgo needs a spa day.
              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I'm glad you found your car alright. Something like that happened to me at school last year. Normally I never have a problem finding my car, (I'm the one everyone asks to find theirs) but I had to park in the garage not where I normally park because their was no room in the front lot so several hours later after classes I'm looking in the parking lot for my car where I usually park it and I'm freaking out cause there are only like 5 cars there, none of which were mine. Eventually I remembered it was in the parking garage. I'm just lucky I didn't get to the point of calling anyone yet.
                Tumblr Blog Thing

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                  Yeah, I think Virgo needs a spa day.
                  This is the cure for many problems .
                  Take everything in moderation, even moderation.

Comment

yeah ive had that happen, except that car really was gone. glad you found your ride and that your wedding didn't get ruined because of it.
                    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Holy Moly Virgo

I feel your pain ... I think we have all done that at one time or another. My sister was so bad at losing her car in parking lots she put a big bright pink ball on her antenna

I'm so glad your panic was only momentary

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

oh man, my heart sank when I saw the words "brown palm fans" too! I remember that thread. What a relief that everything turned out ok!

<- been there, and am not laughing at you!
                        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Randomhero
                          This is the cure for many problems .
                          I like retail therapy myself. no... wait ........

Glad you found your car Virgo. Can't say I haven't done that before

Think of it as 'the thing that went wrong for the wedding'. Now everything else will be a charm
                          Learned something new #109

Comment

Yeah, I had something similar happen to me once.

It was when I was in college, and I was taking a photography class. One Saturday, I spent the entire day (from 8 am to 8 or 9 pm) in the photo lab, except for a brief lunch.

When I came out of the lab, I went to where I had parked my car, and realized it was a tow-away zone. And my car wasn't there.

So I went inside and called my roommate, and asked him to come pick me up.

Then, I went back outside to wait for him, and saw...my car.

You see, I had parked in the tow-away zone in the morning (when it was legal, according to the sign), and then parked somewhere else when I got back from lunch (so that my car wouldn't get towed). I just forgot that I had moved the car when I wanted to go home that night.

I still felt like a complete doofus, though. It's something that happens to all of us at least once.

Comment

Oh, and then there's the time that my roommates got hold of my spare car key my freshman year. They kept moving my car after I parked it. They never moved it far, and they never parked it anywhere it would get a ticket, but they would just move it enough to really screw with my head (say, on the opposite side of the street from where I left it).

And my entire freshman year, I thought I couldn't remember where my car was because I was stressed out about schoolwork.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X