Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sfys
    Reply to school project one pager
    sfys
    @skribe that strange I viewed my webiste on my macbook and a Imac and windows laptop and on safari chrome and firefox the website showed fine except on IE!!

@kermingmatters I know I...
    Today, 08:08 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Critique for a Video Organization Logo
    Buda
    Search is usually signified with a magnifying glass. Glasses doesn't have the same meaning.

Graphic design is about visual communication. It's fine to use different or unique symbols from...
    Today, 07:59 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to LOGO icon opinion
    Buda
    Yes, it looks like a bull to me, I might try and move the lower horn up a touch. The eye doesn't seem to be in the correct place.
    Today, 07:55 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hi I'm Salt.
    Buda
    Hi Salt and welcome to GDF. I have friends who are artists and animators. Some are even both

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get...
    Today, 07:53 PM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to free upload area?
    murofwoh
    thanks everyone, dropbox worked (i think)
    Today, 07:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer display problem

Maybe someone can help with this. I have a G4 mac with a 19" LaCie analog display at home that went on the blink last night. Very suddenly the screen went blank, the power light on the monitor started blinking on and off, continuously in rhythm with a clicking sound. I brought the display into work and hooked it up to my work computer getting the same result using different power cords etc. Anyone ever experienced this before, thanks.
    WYSIWYG

Yikes! That doesn't sound good.

Sorry I don't have any advice.

Comment

something similar happened to my old G4 Mac display...its dead now. Sounds like you might want to look into a new display.
      | Valerie |
      "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
      -Ben Harper

Comment

is it a CRT?
        hmmm, maybe the tube is blown?
        www.standercreative.com

Comment

Yes it is a crt. Time to get a flat screen!
          WYSIWYG

Comment

Originally posted by jimking
            Yes it is a crt. Time to get a flat screen!
            I guess it's time to get one before it completly goes blank on you.

Comment

I had an Apple studio display, a very similar problem came up. I called Apple, they said it was a manufacturer problem and sent me a box to ship it in, fixed it within a week and even asked for me to resend the box empty to them so they could recycle it properly. At first they said no dice but I caused enough of a stink, I guess.

Have you tried calling the mnfctr?

Comment

Originally posted by Takayuki
                I guess it's time to get one before it completly goes blank on you.
                It is completely blank. All it does is make clicking sounds and displays a blinking light.
                I've been checking out flat screens. The Acer AL2216Wbd 22" Wide-Screen TFT LCD seems to be a good deal between $210-240 price range. It gets good ratings too. Anyone have any experience with Acer displays?
                WYSIWYG

Comment

Originally posted by photoshopee
                  I had an Apple studio display, a very similar problem came up. I called Apple, they said it was a manufacturer problem and sent me a box to ship it in, fixed it within a week and even asked for me to resend the box empty to them so they could recycle it properly. At first they said no dice but I caused enough of a stink, I guess.

Have you tried calling the mnfctr?
                  No, I think I only payed $200 for it 4 years back so I'm hankering for a flatscreen anyways. I can buy a refurbished one for $26 believe it or not and mentioned it to the wife who yelled back "get a flat screen, cheapo!"
                  WYSIWYG

Comment

Yeah, I'm using an Acer as a second monitor at home, and we have several around the office as secondaries, too. They're all 17 or 19 inches, though. Never had a problem with any of them (knocks on wood) so far.
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by garricks
                      Yeah, I'm using an Acer as a second monitor at home, and we have several around the office as secondaries, too. They're all 17 or 19 inches, though. Never had a problem with any of them (knocks on wood) so far.
                      How long have you been using the same Acer displays?
                      WYSIWYG

Comment

I got mine at home April, 2007. It's on every evening and all weekend. The ones here at work have been purchased since then. We also have flat-screens by Xerox, Sony and NEC here (it's funny I never noticed until I went around and looked!) and I haven't heard any complaints about any of them.

I've never used an Acer monitor before that.
                        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I use a 27" dell at home w/ my G5 and its fantastic...but I spent some doe on that.

However, at work, we have a bit of a tight budget...under $300 for a flat screen and I could have gotten a 22 or 24" monitor. I opted for the 24" monitor. At first we got a Samsung...and it was WAY too cyan and too much backlight bleeding. We looked at the Dells which was my preference, however the size we could afford was only available in GLOSSY - and that is not the best for a designer. SO believe it or not, we looked at the ViewSonic (which I always hated and had owned one myself that went bad) BUT this VA226w model I just got yesterday, I'm actually really liking. I was able to eyeball calibration better than the samsung for sure. But we did just order the spyder so I can't wait to use it! WEEEE HOOO! Anyways, thought I would make the suggestion to check out the ViewSonic if your on a tight budget. But if you can find a better one for cheaper thats refurbished, go for it! Just my 2cents yo!
                          | Valerie |
                          "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
                          -Ben Harper

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X