Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to how got project of graphic designing
    ISitude
    I've found that being able to explain why a client should go with my firm is key. Clearly showing a benefit to their brand is all important. You must be able to articulate their concerns through your...
    Today, 04:37 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    ISitude
    All I can say about Ray Gun is ...awesome stuff ...well worth studying for all those interested in learning about typography and it's various shades of gray!

Like you say <b> the most...
    Today, 04:26 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Kayekaye
    The typeface is stiff and boring for a wedding, used way too much. The border is very '70's with a nod to art deco, neither of which go well with your Chinese characters. No it's not common knowledge...
    Today, 04:06 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Big hello from China
    KitchWitch
    Hi Janet and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 03:08 AM
  • janetm1000
    Big hello from China
    janetm1000
    Hi there,

my name is Janet! I'm from Germany, but live and work in China.
    I used to work in interior design and did quite a lot of 3D modelling for event companies as well in my past....
    Today, 02:59 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy is down there documenting Gustav. He also chased Katrina and Rita.

http://www.stormhunter.ca/index.html
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Hey that guy's from Toronto!
      sigpic
      The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity
      ~Rollo May

Comment

I'm fine here in Texas, Sweet Tee. I want to try to head back tomorrow but am not sure if we'll be able to or not. I hear my house has a lot of yard debris that will take a bit to clean up. But my house was spared any damage! We don't have electricity. Hopefully it won't take them long to get it turned back on.
        You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Thats great news CF ... I'm glad there wasn't much damage

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

It's sad that these disasters take place; people are already struggling to hold onto jobs firstly, I really hope it doesn't get any worse. They say it may get back stronger, glad to hear members here are fine.

Comment

Thanks! I just found out my baby neice and nephew were in a house in central louisiana that was destroyed. Luckily, they are ok. I'm sure my little nephew is pretty shaken up. He's only 3. A category 2 storm hitting lafayette is better than a tropical storm hitting central louisiana if you ask me. Central Louisiana has some extrememly tall pine trees that fall over like toothpicks in the wind. I've been in a house where that happened. It's some scarey stuff.
              You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Oh no Cornfed! I'm glad to hear your neice and nephew are ok at least.

I'm so happy to hear you, Sweet Tee and Gary are all ok, too!
                (hugz everyone)
                Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
                The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
                I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

So Glad to hear everyone is OK! I still haven't heard from my bro in Metarie, the other brother left last week to come here, but I'm sure its just like last time, cell phone communication was next to nothing.
                  “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay CF! So sorry to hear about you're niece! I'm back at my place, just no cable and Internet. Thank goodness for my iPhone, it's been helpful!!!

Comment

i was watching the news this morning and thinking about you guys down there. glad to hear things alright with you guys!!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

CF, glad to hear your place made it through the storm. I know how much it sucks to loose your home in a hurricane! Hopefully you can head back home and none of the other ones hit LA or FL!
                        Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Glad to hear your house is okay, Cornfed. What a scary thing for your niece and nephew to have to live through at such a tender age.
                          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X