Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• murofwoh
    Reply to How to imitate this crackle design/texture for a T-shirt?
    murofwoh
    yes i think the basketball texture idea would be a stretch...
    Today, 09:29 PM
  • 6thSense
    Reply to How to imitate this crackle design/texture for a T-shirt?
    6thSense
    As you stated the first effect was really simple using the pathfinder. Re the brush/distressed look, that portion is still a little vague and has proven to be a tad more difficult than anticipated. You...
    Today, 08:37 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Education Choices/Backgrounds
    seamas
    Same here, except I studied fine art/painting. The theory and history learned during the course of the degree had some overlap with GD.
    I only took some software and computing classes (over the...
    Today, 08:23 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to LOGO icon opinion
    seamas
    It does look like a bull head.

I would take some time to check out different bull horns.

Different breeds have some interesting shapes.
    Today, 08:08 PM
  • sfys
    Reply to school project one pager
    sfys
    @skribe that strange I viewed my webiste on my macbook and a Imac and windows laptop and on safari chrome and firefox the website showed fine except on IE!!

@kermingmatters I know I...
    Today, 08:08 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Movie Reviews

After reading Silence's thread about 21 Grams I thought it would be cool to do a Weekly Movie Review. Kool has his 'Friday posts' and Key has his 'Bonehead of the Week' so I thought, if you all would allow me, to do a Weekly movie review. I see alot of movies... I love em. I go at least once a week or rent them. So every week, sometime after the weekend, I'll post a review. Maybe a new flick out in the theatres or a rented one. Then you can all chime in. I'll remain mostly spoiler free and just give my 2¢. Sound good? I figure it will lighten the mood in here that alot of people have been complaigning about and get back to the 'old' forum.

Ok let's begin...

I rate this way

The Big Suck... means horrible

Ok.... means..well, ok, if you have time to spare

Cool poop..... means it very good, you should go check it out

GO NOW! ..means you have to go, right now leave your work and go.

Star Wars... the best... the mecha.. you will not see many (if any) at this level.

Hellboy

All the vets on here will know I'm a huge comic book fan. So I am ULTRA critical when it comes to these movies. But I also understand that things have to be changed for the masses (non-comic people). I am a Hellboy fan, I enjoy and collect the comic. Mike Mignola, creator and artist of Hellboy, is VERY big in the comic world. One of the most respected artist around. He created Hellboy about 10 years ago and it has been a cult classic since then. When I first saw the trailers I was a little put off cause Ron Perlman, who play Hellboy, is the perfect (he has the chin) choice but he looks like a guy in a rubber suit. Doesn't really look natural. He looked stiff in it, but it was the trailer and showed limited amounts of course. Well he still looks stiff in it but the film is great fun, makes you look past that. It has alot of action and hits the mark with the source material (the comic). It stays close to the roots. For you that don't know... to give you a brief idea with out ruining it. Hellboy was saved by the Allies from the Nazis after they stumbled upon a plot to open the Gates of Hell and bring about the downfall of America. The Allies intervened and Hellboy was discovered and brought up by Dr Broom who is the head of the Bureau of Paranormal of Investigation. A secret division of the CIA that investigates those 'strange' problems. Hellboy is sort of a urban myth like the Lockness Monster. It is in present day (Hellboy is a demon so he ages alot sower then humans). Casting is perfect in this. It's almost as if Mignola based his characters on ths movie and people would think that if they didn't know the comic has a 10 year history. It's got alot of good humor as Hellboy is a wisecracker. Also the supporting cast is great, there is alot of paranormal activity and beings in this. so if you like that stuff, this is for you. I however anticipate a huge drop off this second weekend cause I can see the normal movie going public to get a little confused. You do have to keep a very open mind and go with the flow... but it's fun getting there.

It's Cool Poop.

Freddy Vs Jason

I saw this in the theatre (twice) but bought it this weekend and watched it again. I'm a huge slasher flick fan. I think it is great fun and if you don't take it seriuos... then it's a hoot. This movie lived up perfect, to what I expected. I expected to see two slashers hack the sh!t out of each other and that's what I saw. But, also, the story was pretty decent. Freddy enlists Jason to help bring him back cause the new generation of youngsters on Elm Street have all but forgotten about Freddy, so in turn he has very little power. It goes deeper then that, but I won't ruin it for you all. The chicks are hot (there are boobs within the first 2 minutes) and the guys are dumb... just the way we love our horror flicks. The movie is brutal and bloody and I'm glad the filmmakers didn't wuss out. Also there is a winner at the end! If you like horror flicks then this is a must. The DVD extras are good as well. There is an alternate beginning and ending and a crap load of deleted scenes. Well worth the $13 I got it for. There are rumors of a sequel with maybe Ash from the Evil Dead series. I would be for that.

Cool Poop for sure.

This weekend I plan on seeing Walking Tall with the Rock and renting Matrix Revolutions which I haven't seen yet, I have heard it is disappointing but I'm going to keep an open mind.

I'm out!

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Joe...great idea!!

I actually saw Hellboy last weekend. I thought it was pretty good allthough my best friend Chris said it was 'just ok'. He knew the background of the movie tho and of course I didn't. I wasn't too confused on what was goin on bc every 5 minutes Chris was leaning over explaining things to me...haha!

I also saw Walking Tall that same night...I really liked this movie, but I am a HUGE fan of The Rock!! I'm not saying anything about this movie yet since you haven't seen it and will review it next week ) I'll give some input to it when you write it up next week. )

Who says doodling isn't constructive?!
    I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

I wanna see Hellboy and Walking Tall. Probably will this weekend (one of them at least).

Matrix Revolutions was pretty good, but he ending sucked a$$. The first one is still the best.

C:\DOS
      C:\DOS\RUN
      RUN DOS RUN
      ProudPenguin
      P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

I saw hellboy too. Thought it was about as exciting as 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' which isn't saying much. Sure, had some great lines in it, but there was no climax, and the character development was wasted because there was never an instance where you were forced to put your emotions on the line when one of the lead's is in trouble. Probably because they never really where in trouble. The ending was blah, though I thought the story had huge potential. It started out good, but then plateau'd huge....so the end of the movie was on the same level as the start. Not a good way to tell a story. The pacing was bad too I thought, no reason to want u to keep watching. By far the worst of the comic book movies to come out this or last year.

- There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

Comment

im just waiting for X-men 3, then I will be a happy camper......nice topic joe!

‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

I wanna see Spider-Man 2 this summer.

C:\DOS
            C:\DOS\RUN
            RUN DOS RUN
            ProudPenguin
            P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Anyone see that movie Ladykillers with Tom Hanks?
              some one told me they heard it was bad....

Taylor

www.standercreative.com

Comment

I heard mixed reviews about Ladykillers. I saw Jersey Girl last weekend. It's the kind of movie I NEVER would have gone to had Kevin Smith not directed it. It was one of those dreaded 'romantic comedies.' Except, that it was actually pretty good. It had its sappy moments, but they were tolerable, and pretty funny most of the time due to Smith's crass and juvenile sense of humor. And the best part of the whole thing? J-Lo dies in the first 20 minutes! All-in-all, not a bad flick. Good date movie, btw.

Support Music and Arts Education
                www.dafenix.org

Comment

yeah, just thought this was pretty cool, got this off of DA, and its movie related, and its pimp as sh!t, so I figured I would share

</div>this is a wallpaper for anyone who wants it.

Post Edited (D-Frag) : 4/7/2004 8:51:14 PM GMT
                  ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Magnus... my brother.. you wound me with your vicious remarks. but I can see your points. I woulddn't say it's the worst comic movie ever. That goes to Batman and robin.... that was crap fest.

I'm all about the Punisher now. Can't wait to see that. Now that is a movie that benefits from great trailers. Case when I heard Thomas Jane been casted as the Punisher I was not into that at all. But after the trailers you can tell he is committed to the role and it looks great.

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Ladykillers sucked...tom hanks was good....it just wasnt funny

'In the past couple of weeks your kids have touched me, and i'm pretty sure i've touched them too' - Jack Black (School of Rock)

Comment

HELLO ENVY IS COMING OUT>>>>> WHO IS PUMPED TO SEE THAT>>>>MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

JACK BLACK IS MY HERO

'In the past couple of weeks your kids have touched me, and i'm pretty sure i've touched them too' - Jack Black (School of Rock)

Comment

The Punisher! I keep seeing the trailers for that when I go to the movies and it looks really good! I know I'm going to see that - price you pay when your 2 best friends are guys - you see ALL the guy flicks! But I have learned to love those kinda movies prolly more than any female should..ROFL..Oh well! It's all good!

Who says doodling isn't constructive?!
                          I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Greetings from Virginia. Great idea Defjoe. I will look forward to this every week.

'I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.' Abraham Simpson

Comment

thanks Virginian. I thought it would be a good way to put the fun back in this forum and seems to be working.

Perm, I'm all for that movie, Envy, also. I like Jack Black and Ben Stiller but I heard that the movie compoany (Universal I think) doesn't have alot of faith in it and htey even moved back the opening from the 2nd to the end of this month. that is usually not a good sign.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X