Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sfys
    Reply to school project one pager
    sfys
    thanks! could it be that you watched the site through Internet explorer ?
    I don’t know why but it pushes some things two pixel down. I work on a mac so I mostly tested it on chrome, safari...
    Today, 06:01 AM
  • extraordenary
    First Poster Design
    extraordenary
    Hey guys!
    I wanted to know what you guys think about my first poster design. I'm still in high school and I've just recently decided that I was going to pursue in this career path. Prior to this...
    Today, 05:26 AM
  • megoggsc
    Reply to Oh Portland!
    megoggsc
    Thank you Billy! I am still working on it, but here is the version that I meant to upload. I emphasized the Portland sign a little more in this one. ...
    Today, 02:49 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Oh Portland!
    BillyLogan
    Great work! My only concern is that it does not seem to have a focus subject on it. Add something really cool or highlight something you want to emphasize. Aside from that, I find it really artistically...
    Today, 01:45 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to How to choose a good graphic design for a web design company?
    BillyLogan
    Designing is both a skill and a talent. It is naturally God-given but you can study about it some more to enhance it. I suggest that you go and study first about the basics, line, color, typography and...
    Today, 01:43 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room-less room...What to do...Help!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/siennachattel/

This is our room upstairs. It's an 'office' right now, but we never use it. It has such a beautiful view it's really a shame that we never go up there or use that room.

We were thinking of making it a guest bed room, but we already have a guest bedroom (that hardly gets used). So, that's probably not the best idea. A media room may not be the best idea either, because we already have all of our electronic stuff in the living room down stairs. So...uhh...We cannot figure out what to do.

It's kind of a small room, octagon shaped. 11ft x 11ft. Amazing views of the Hollywood Hills.

What do you think? Any creative ideas? I know you guys are brilliant.

Ooooo. Buy a telescope.

Comment

Originally posted by Pointyhat View Post
      Ooooo. Buy a telescope.

Yea. That would probably be fun. We do have a lot of visible neighbors! lol

Comment

I'd be living up there. Gets some plants and furniture out on that deck (might want the bolt down kind and be sure the weight of the garden isn't too much for it). Just make it a nice comfortable place to sit and 'be'. You know, unplug. Are the windows screened? Can you open em to the air and is the air fit to breath?

Comment

And I'd stuff it with books.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
            I'd be living up there. Gets some plants and furniture out on that deck (might want the bolt down kind and be sure the weight of the garden isn't too much for it). Just make it a nice comfortable place to sit and 'be'. You know, unplug. Are the windows screened? Can you open em to the air and is the air fit to breath?

That might work. Like....a quiet room. And some comfy stuff out on the deck?

Most of the windows dont have screens.They are hinge/swing open windows.

Comment

Disco dance club.

Comment

make it a library...

with comfy chairs and such
                The creative world is one big double standard....
                BE YOURSELF BUT CONFORM!!

Conformity is the Disease; Rebellion is the Cure

~Stolen from Bladez

Comment

That's a wicked room....my suggestion:

Green room
                  Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                  | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                  | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Rent it out to Ed McMahon.
                    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Black out the windows, board up the door from the outside, and every now and then, go in there and scream bloody murder for a minute or 2....just to make the neighbors wonder
                      Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                      | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                      | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

get a nice sized fish tank, decent stereo, a drafting table, and some sweet shelving. make it into a drawing room

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladez View Post
                          Black out the windows, board up the door from the outside, and every now and then, go in there and scream bloody murder for a minute or 2....just to make the neighbors wonder
                          I love your thinking there dah'lin

what would make it even better is if you black up the but scratch off tiny parts
                          The creative world is one big double standard....
                          BE YOURSELF BUT CONFORM!!

Conformity is the Disease; Rebellion is the Cure

~Stolen from Bladez

Comment

Originally posted by Bladez View Post
                            Ummm...no.

Comment

I think an art room/study/library/observatory has been established. When do we pick out the paint colors?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X