Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• seamas
    Reply to LOGO icon opinion
    seamas
    It does look like a bull head.

I would take some time to check out different bull horns.

Different breeds have some interesting shapes.
    Today, 08:08 PM
  • sfys
    Reply to school project one pager
    sfys
    @skribe that strange I viewed my webiste on my macbook and a Imac and windows laptop and on safari chrome and firefox the website showed fine except on IE!!

@kermingmatters I know I...
    Today, 08:08 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Critique for a Video Organization Logo
    Buda
    Search is usually signified with a magnifying glass. Glasses doesn't have the same meaning.

Graphic design is about visual communication. It's fine to use different or unique symbols from...
    Today, 07:59 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to LOGO icon opinion
    Buda
    Yes, it looks like a bull to me, I might try and move the lower horn up a touch. The eye doesn't seem to be in the correct place.
    Today, 07:55 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hi I'm Salt.
    Buda
    Hi Salt and welcome to GDF. I have friends who are artists and animators. Some are even both

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get...
    Today, 07:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would assume there is lead in there too from the batteries, assuming hybrids use batteries with lead?

Comment

• I thought it was lactating. I was just thinking about how delicious car milk would be.
      "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

• Apocalyptic weekend forecast: http://tinyurl.com/6wetax3

Man, I was planning on taking Godzilla Wednesday off too.

Comment

• Half of Minnesota is under water it seems with both Duluth and Cannon Falls flooding. CF had 19 inches of rain in 5 days.
          Arial Views

We've been ok here, except for the heat which is 70F at night and 90F during the day with 60%+ humidity. I've been able to work from home again this summer so I've literally parked my desk next to my air conditioner.

Comment

• With the flooding and fires ....I would say our weather here today is just fine

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• According to The Weather Channel, "St. Louis has just reached 100 degrees for the 7th day in a row - ties 1953 for the longest streak since the Dust Bowl." And it's supposed to continue through Sunday.
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Did we have global warming in 1953?

Waiting for the thunderstorms here. Hopefully they'll be over before the Boston fireworks concert. Though that means all those people down the Esplanade are gonna get wet. ter. It rained on them this morning too as they waited in line for their spot on the grass.

Comment

• I'll be watching that concert. It's been a tradition for me since the Fiedler days. Even when I was playing the 1812 Overture (WITH REAL CANNON!) with the Compton Heights Band, I taped it. Fun stuff.
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                    Did we have global warming in 1953?

Waiting for the thunderstorms here. Hopefully they'll be over before the Boston fireworks concert. Though that means all those people down the Esplanade are gonna get wet. ter. It rained on them this morning too as they waited in line for their spot on the grass.
                    Well, you called it buddy.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/0...severe-storms/

BOSTON (CBS) The Esplanade was evacuated during the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular due to severe storms.

A severe thunderstorm warning was issued in Essex County north of Boston, and authorities did not want to take any chances.

An announcement came on the PA system telling the crowd to seek shelter.

The show which began at 8pm, featured music by the Boston Pops, Dropkick Murphys, Jennifer Hudson and the US Navy Sea Chanters.

The show was delayed just before the Pops were going to perform the 1812 Overture.
                    Luckily, I have the "Mercury Living Presence" recording of the 1812 by Antal Dorati and the Minneapolis SO.

Comment

• That was a strange broadcast. It looks like we got the first part of the concert "Live on Tape." About 40 minutes in (including commercials) they went to the fireworks, which had a recorded soundtrack. Then at the very end, we had a bedraggled Keith Lockhart, Jennifer Hudson, and Michael Chiklas thanking us for watching. And no 1812.

Hope all is well down East tonight.

Comment

• The 1812 was on the local broadcast and it was tape from the rehearsal the night before. I always thought the 1812 was part of the National feed.
                        They also played tape of the Dreamgirls Huston number before going back live. The fireworks have been to canned music the last several years.

Lockhart looked bedraggled even before the rain. It was probably 90 and 99% humidity up there on that stage last night. Plus the lights and the conductor's workout he puts out.

Comment

• As for today's weather

Comment

• That's hilarious! I'm going to beat the heat for part of today by going to the movies with my sister. I always get cold in movie theaters.
                            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• The 1812 IS usually part of the national feed, and they opened the hour with the end of it*—*The finale where the church bells start up through the stretto at the end.

Comment

• We were at Denny's the other night and it was sooo cold in there I had to put my sweater on ... good thing I had one in the van.

I know it wasn't just me being cold all the time ... a lot of people had jackets and sweaters on

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X