Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Logo critique
    kemingMatters
    Call me crazy but green is just one of those colours I don't want to see when I'm thinking about a grilled cheese or comfort food. IMHO I think your first iteration attempt was better and just need a...
    Today, 12:45 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Final Art Disclaimer
    PrintDriver
    The problem today is many clients and designers consider the printer's proof one more opportunity to proof read. The document you are having printed should be FINAL before it is sent to the printer. The...
    Today, 11:30 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Design Assignment
    PrintDriver
    A lot of people will not download a PDF from an unknown source. Especially with the recent rash of Cryptoware floating around. You'll get more response if you post an image.
    Today, 11:26 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Trouble Printing Correctly onto Labels, even with my own Template
    PrintDriver
    most printers have a border that cannot be infringed. Unless you have a borderless printer, you need to account for that. Usually the bottom border is wider than the other three too.

What...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • kinner
    Reply to Advice for logo
    kinner
    Guys, thanks a lot for your feedback and comments! Really appreciated!
    Sorry I really don't get it how to quote everybody in one reply only, it keeps copying just one post instead of many.
    Today, 11:14 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't want our snow Obsidian. It's gotten to the point of melting now that all the snow mold is being released. It reeks havoc on some peoples allergies...and it's not the pretty white snow that everyone loves to see...it's more of a gross yellow/green colour. Happens every year around this time.
    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
    | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• snow mold?? that sounds gross!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• I've never heard of snow mold. Yellow snow gives me the creeps. Now for a second reason.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• Originally posted by Grfk Dzgn View Post
          Felt the vibes from a 4.7 magnitude earthquake that just happened a little ago up in Lachute, Que., which is 50 kilometres northwest of Montreal.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...-17639741.html

Quite the coincidence, I'm currently working on a graphic to help raise funds to rebuild those ravaged by the quake in Japan.

Inspiration comes in all forms.
          Grfk - I felt the same thing, didn't know you were from these parts. It felt like a truck ran into my building. Weird how some people didn't feel it at all though.
          Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

• Mmmm....snow mold (and apparently it's pink...but I'm colour blind with reds and greens, so it could hit just the right spectrum that I can't see it right. Not the first time that's been an issue for me)
            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• never heard of that ... maybe that's why I am so stuffy lately

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• 65 right now and its supposed to hit 72!! opened the windows of the house today to air it out.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• All about snow mold

It smells funny too. Almost like a damp, moldy pool. It's weird.
                  I sometimes find I get quite stuffy after being outside for a bit, or a headache at this time of year. Stupid gross mold.
                  I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

• Sun and warmth two days in a row ... we surely are going to be floating down the hudson soon!

The wind has picked up considerably though so I'm sure the temps are going down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Audentia View Post
                      All about snow mold

I sometimes find I get quite stuffy after being outside for a bit, or a headache at this time of year. Stupid gross mold.

I guess we don't have any ... that I can see anyway .. we still have 100 feet of snow to melt off before we see any bare ground

Comment

• it usually sits on the grass under the snow. At least around here.
                        So as the snow melts down you start to see it underneath.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Artist View Post
                          Grfk - I felt the same thing, didn't know you were from these parts. It felt like a truck ran into my building. Weird how some people didn't feel it at all though.
                          I'm just up-river from you in the Ottawa valley located in a vast sub-zone (Ottawa-Bonnechere Graben) which is somewhat running along the Ottawa river. All of that is part of the main seismic zone you're in called the Western Quebec Seismic Zone.

I knew it was a earthquake tremor because my bamboo plants were shaking. How a tremor is felt depends on what kind of geology is holding up the building. The roar of a quake is really interesting too.

Of course not quite as thunderous as when les petit whinny Habs manage to win Which by the way can also be felt up the Ottawa valley

Comment

• Huh... I had no idea there was a seismic anything in Eastern Canada.

I have never felt an earthquake in good ol Calgary. I'm told if a big one was to his on the San Andreas Fault (California into BC) that we would feel it. So far nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grfk Dzgn View Post
                              Of course not quite as thunderous as when les petit whinny Habs manage to win Which by the way can also be felt up the Ottawa valley
                              Hahaha Christ you should've seen the bar last night. Irish Pub with a bunch of drunk Habs fans on St Patty's day... The place went nuts
                              Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Audentia View Post
                                All about snow mold

I've never heard of it either. Sounds like you can have it. We've still got snow in the hills but there is a very definate green tinge replacing the brown.
                                I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X