• yhd007
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    yhd007
    I asking about the salary in the US.
    Today, 12:26 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    Cosmo
    There is no "average". What may be a great salary here may be below poverty level in other places. And, different companies pay different amounts.
    Today, 12:22 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Pantone, CMYK question for printing using Illustrator CS6
    Cosmo
    Nobody is asking anyone to teach. That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is if you are unsure as to how to send a file to a printer, call them and ask. For instance, in the packaging world Illustrator...
    Today, 12:19 PM
  • yhd007
    Graphic Designer salary
    yhd007
    I joined this forum recently and received a lot of love from my fellow members. So I thought I'd ask this. I'm from India and would be moving to the US to pursue college. My major will be graphic design....
    Today, 11:58 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to RGB + CMYK
    PrintDriver
    Considering what you posted in your introductory thread, and the questions you just asked here, are you really in a space where you should be offering "professional" services as a "designer"?...
    Today, 11:30 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, Don't Promise me Forever

http://www.rotatingcorpse.com/dear_d...ever/3027.html

I just think it's a lovely little book.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

I Love that on so many levels

I know it's corny ... but the romantic side of me loves it

I know it's silly too and I love that as well!

I think what I love the most though is that plaid 3 piece suit!!

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

That is such an cute and romantic book!
      And I agree RKK that suit is just horrifying!
      I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

am I the only one that finds it creepy rather than romantic?

It brought to my mind a song they used to play on the radio a few years ago: Follow Me... particularly the "we'll be all right if you don't ask me to stay" bit.

I mean, it's one thing to live in the present, to make the most of "now". I do agree that the present moment is all we have, and living too much in the past or the future can bring all sorts of headaches and keep a person miserable. And maybe I'm reading a little too much into the book, but it strikes me as flowery on the surface but with an manipulative or passive-aggressive undertones that give me an icky feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Maybe it's the "please don't make me look foolish in front of other people" part that feels sort of like the whole thing is a subtle criticism of his partner instead of a heartfelt declaration of love. Sort of like a list of the conditions that she must live up to in order to keep him, if that makes any sense.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. If a guy gave me that book, I'd start looking for a couple's therapist.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Please don't lure me into that kind of site again.

If you do, I'll pull more than your ear.

Comment

please bring me a bucket....I'm gonna puke.

Tho, I do want a suit like that
            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

I think you should go for the mustache instead, Bladez.

Comment

Fortunately Bladez can't grow facial hair, let alone a mustache.

Comment

Originally posted by morea View Post

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. If a guy gave me that book, I'd start looking for a couple's therapist.
                  Yeh but how would you feel if someone gave you something like that in 1976? I mean, books were harder to do back then. And there was no internet to google good presents, and probably not a lot of couple's therapists either.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I wouldn't have felt any way at all, since I would have been -1 years old at the time.

Comment

I'm with Bladez

Comment

lol.
                        Best. Emoticon. Ever.

Comment

eew.

Comment

LOL Nice Kool.

Anyone else gonna get in on the Puke Party Bus? (watch your step)
                            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

I still hold that I think it's cute and romantic.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X