Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Project Management
    salsa
    I don't have anything else to add. I think talking to your boss about it first is important so that you at least have her buy-in. Then you'll have to write a procedure and it will need to be backed by...
    Today, 04:07 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Do You Keep Work Drafts?
    kemingMatters
    I keep a folder for images and other supplied content in a folder with my indd, I only package the end result, as any of the links I used in my drafts will be in the folder I made and the fonts will already...
    Today, 04:06 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to 10 minutes from home
    kemingMatters
    I've been meaning to post something here for a while, here's a long exposure I took last weekend up at the lake. I can't really tell you how long the exposure was because I wasn't keeping track, I was...
    Today, 04:01 PM
  • com_amy
    Reply to Do You Keep Work Drafts?
    com_amy
    They've been dropping things into a "Draft" folder, but none of the ID files are packaged or anything. Do you guys recommend adding a "_Draft" to those files AND packaging them? I...
    Today, 04:00 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Logo for a small startup company....
    salsa
    How much time have you spent talking to the client about what they want? Did you spend a couple hours with them or has the only thing they've told you is what you wrote above?

Since the project's...
    Today, 03:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamburger, what to do with it ?

I would like to ask you all for some recipes...what have you done with hamburger ?

I'm always looking for different recipe ideas...tired of the same old, same old.

Last night I had a box of hamburger helper in the cupboard....I know......but my son likes it so I make it once in a while. It was the regular cheeseburg-mac kind. Last night I added green peppers and a cup of salsa to it...added more noodles and more cheese. T'was OK....and the boy didn't complain so that helped.

It would help alot if your recipes included ingredients that are affordable...

thanx
    Jodi
    sigpickeep it simple or simply keep it

Worcester + garlic + feta or bleu cheese for hamburger patties

My mom made this thing with browned hamburger meat, canned corn and canned tomatoes with ramen noodles & seasonings. it was like a one-skillet-meal kind of thing. I forget the details.

Comment

I just spent my lunch at the grocery store getting the fixins for some meatloaf. Sometimes the same old same old aint necessarily bad .
      I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

There's a couple of recipes posted here: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=2489

Also look at recipezaar.com and tastykitchen.com
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

this is something that my grandma used to make my dad and my dad used to make for me

bean casserole

what you need:

1 lrg can bush or b&m baked beans (28oz i think) or whatever beans you like.
          1 lb ground beef
          1 tsp yellow mustard
          1/2 cup bbq sauce
          1/4 brown sugar
          1/2 medium onion diced
          1 tube of Pillsbury flaky biscuits
          1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

pre-heat the oven to 350

brown the ground beef with the onion.

mix the beef with all but the last 2 ingredients and bring to a simmer. then pour into a casserole dish.

cut the biscuits in half so they look like half moons and arrange around the top of the casserole dish round side up. sprinkle cheese over the top of the biscuits and put into oven for 35 mins or until brown and bubbly. i ALWAYS put some tinfoil on the bottom rack to catch overflow otherwise it's time to clean the oven

if the mix is too dry add more some bbq sauce, i kind of just eyeball it so those are approximate measurements.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Oh I thought of another one!
            Mashed potatoes, ground beef browned with onions & garlic, green beans all mixed together. Childhood comfort food.

Comment

Allrecipes.com. You can search by putting in ingredients you have and it will try to find a recipe.
              *sings* "I am slowly going crazy 1.2.3.4.5.6. switch. Slowly crazy am I going 6.5.4.3.2.1. switch"

Comment

Thanks for the great ideas so far !!

yup, I have been on those recipe sites and tried quite a few but I like to hear about the 'Mom's' and ' Grandmom's 'recipes etc... they are always the best !

I grew up in Quebec and I sure miss my mom's 'tourtiere a la Quebecois' (aka) French Canadian meat pie.

I attempted to make it a time or two but it just wasn't the same

Keep 'em coming !

Just had spagetti...yawn

Comment

J, did you click on this link above?

There's a couple of recipes posted here: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2489

I'm gently trying to tell you there's already a HUGE recipe thread in Off Topic.
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

ok ya...I know it's there but was looking for hamburger specific...since there is rarely a steak in the freezer, or anything much else for that matter. Oh, got a bunch of ramen noodles in the cupboard for lunch. Kids eat theirs at school for a quarter a day and they eat way better than I do !

OK, I'll go read through allll those recipes...thanks for the nudge without kicking

Comment

Hehe...NP. There's the bacon thread and the smoker thread, but there are so many hamburger recipes in the Recipe thread already! Personall, if I have extra ground beef in the fridge I make burgers or meatballs.

Comment

I'm guessing that hamburger here doesn't mean a patty in a bun?

One of my favourite ground meat recipes are wontons. MMmm....

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
                          I'm guessing that hamburger here doesn't mean a patty in a bun?
                          <wink> Right you are. in this case hamburger = ground beef = beef mince.

Comment

There was a campaign here years ago promoting mince (hamburger/ground beef). The slogan was "KIDS LOVE MINCE!!!". It has to be yelled really loudly and in a happy way. My husband and I like to yell it from time to time.
                            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

those wontons look like brains!!! meatballs are always good.... wrapped in bacon.... put on the smoker.... coated in bbq sauce..... mmmmmmmoinkballs

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X