Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• AmitMan
    Reply to Music album cover
    AmitMan
    I like the grunge style here. Its a little hard to read at times, especially with the white text on black.

Nice work, keep up the good stuff!
    Today, 03:29 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to Need help with logo
    AmitMan
    I think I see what your trying to do with the underline, but I don't think its working in this case. A simple underline can help to add distance between a title and say a headline and can also make the...
    Today, 03:25 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to :::-----What's the graphic standards logo ------:::
    AmitMan
    I've heard of checklists and similar documents used for say ensuring your file is print ready (ensuring all digital images are at least 300dpi, file formats are corrects, appropriate bleeds etc.) but...
    Today, 03:11 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    Buda
    How do you prove they're virgins?

How about we just use week old noobs?
    Today, 02:50 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to hi
    Buda
    Hi Neeru and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 02:49 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't they look devilishly good??? I thought the same thing!

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

I want pie cookies too

They're still just cookies with fruit in them though. No one would ever just pick one up and say "Wow! A pie cookie"

Comment

Totally making those pie cookies someday soon. Thanks for the links!!!

Comment

Pie vs Cake? Hard to decide. Pie vs Cookie? No contest. Cookies all the way.

Can you keep a jar full of pie on the counter and just grab one or two when you walk by? No.

Can you walk by the freezer, reach in and grab a frozen pie or two to munch on on the way to work?. No.

Can you throw a couple dozen pies in the oven at once? No.

Can you dunk a pie into a glass of milk? No.

Can you eat 4 or 5 complete pies of different kinds at the same sitting? No. (Or at least, I hope not. Glutton.)

Can you buy a whole box of pies from little girls going door-to-door? No.

Can you eat a pie raw? No.

Can you put a couple of pies in your pocket in case you get the munchies later? No.

Can you buy "pie dough" ice cream? No.
          "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

Comment

See .. AD just made my case!! Bravo Bravo!!!

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Sure, sure, cookies are easy and readily accessible ... like random bar skanks.

I kid. I kid. (My apologies to the random bar skanks of GDF.)

Comment

that for you AD

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Wow, a cookie cake!
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by drawingguy View Post
                    I disagreed with most of it

Who has birthday pie?
                    I can eat an entire cake. I might be able to eat two pieces of pie. Well, unless it's some sort of chocolate pie.

I like cake. They're both good and one isn't really better than the other i guess. Cookies, cake , pie, it doesn't matter. Just get me a fork. Or don't. I'll just use my hands.
                    My birthday is this Sunday and every year we go over to my parents' house for my birthday dinner. For years she always bought a coffee cake for my birthday dessert (WTF?).

Finally this year I couldn't take it anymore and asked her what the heck is up with the birthday coffee cake every year?.

Anyway, long story short, I'm getting my all-time favourite dessert this year, birthday brownies!

For me, it's:
                    #1 Brownies
                    #2 Cookies
                    #3 Cake

I'd rather have birthday cookies than birthday cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
                      (My apologies to the random bar skanks of GDF.)
                      Hrumph. Apology accepted.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Oooo... Italian cookie tray. Soo good.

blog/portfolio

Comment

For my birthday the last few years, I've had birthday pie. Just sayin'.

I think you need to put pie and cake into an entirely different category than cookies, though. I think of pie and cake (which I like, I just like pie a lot better) as requiring plates and often, utensils of some sort, although I can easily eat either without them (mostly, although it's often messy), whereas cookies require nothing of the sort. To my mind, that puts them in a different category.

Mostly, I just really like pie.
                          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I agree urst, cookies (and I would guess things like pastries or donuts) would be a separate class from cakes and pies.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Well make sure you vote for Pie in this week's poll. I finally let the cat out of the bag and sent Joe the link to this thread. He was freaked that we're so passionate about our pie and cake.

He also clued me in on the final round next week. It will be the winner of PIE vs. COOKIES up against...

What? What NDA? Well crap. Now you have to wait and see for yourselves.
                              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Relations?

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X