Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pavlo
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Pavlo
    Hi PD,
    Thank you. No problem. :-)
    I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't making a specific recommendation for her to use red and black together.
    cheers
    Today, 11:35 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Colors changing in ai when I copy and paste
    PrintDriver
    Before starting any art always check your color space. Going from RGB to CMYK, espcially by just telling Illustrator to do so using the Document Color Mode to just toggle it, will not only screw up your...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    When you compare "insipid" to "strong and bright" it can come off as advice.
    Your research suggestion was in a different paragraph.
    That's how I red it.
    I apologize...
    Today, 11:20 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Print Quality Issues... Am I being swindled?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, some of the older board machines don't do "small" well.

When doing large format, do not expect "digital" print quality where "digital" means high-end...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • Pavlo
    Pavlo
    Hi there PD,
    Just for the record: I have not given advice to janetm1000 to make it a strong red and black.

My suggestion to her was, "...to do further research into Chinese culture...
    Today, 11:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Signature Of Inebriation

RESTAURANT | SEA ISLE CITY, NJ, USA | BIZARRE, FOOD & DRINK

(I work at a late-night restaurant that caters to the people who come for food when the surrounding bars close for the night. A customer comes in who has drunk a little too much.)

Customer: “Do you accept credit cards?”

Me: “Yes, we do.”

(I swipe the credit card, and it is approved.)

Me: “Now, if you could just sign here, you’re all set.”

Customer: “What am I supposed to sign?”

Me: “The cardholder’s name.”

Customer: “Okay, thanks.”

(She then proceeds to draw a picture of a naked lady—complete with large boobs—where her signature should be.)

Me: “Uh” ma’am, I don’t think this is a valid signature.”

Customer: “Just try it; it’ll work!”

(I put it through, and the machine accepts the signature!)

Me: “Wow, I guess you’re right!”

Customer: “I need to stop drinking so much!”

(She leaves me a $15 tip on a $25 bill! That is why I love working the late-night shift!)

Source http://notalwaysright.com/the-signat...briation/29905
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Apparently I can't comment on a reply in a sticky thread...

so...

to answer your question gar: Precisely, leave it to the Americans to make things out to be bigger than they are.

Side Note: What is up with the forum adding double paragraph returns to replies?

EXTRA SIDE: sorry for the mulitple posts, I was trying to comment on gar's reply and it wasn't showing up at all until I clicked posts and then latest activity. Mods, Please feel free to remove my incompetence. FYI this post when to the bottom of the page when in latest activity view
    Last edited by kemingMatters; 06-05-2013, 08:08 PM.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

• garricks
      garricks commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, I think your sense of humor fell off, 'cause I don't see it. This is the "Hilarious" thread, not the "Infographics" thread.

• kemingMatters
      kemingMatters commented
      Editing a comment
      Weird.. in post view they show up normally, it's just a PITA to get to the end of the thread anymore, so many extra steps/load times to get through before getting to where it used to take one click to get to

Apparently being afflicted with sleepius interruptous (cranky child that wakes up frequently) for the last few weeks has had a detrimental effect on my ability to sarcasm.

• garricks
      garricks commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, babyitus. Gotcha. It'll be ok…in 18 years.

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
Working...
X