Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Garricks. I'm really happy with how they turned out. Sucked to have to let them go, particularly the chest. But she loved it, and that makes me happy.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• Yeah Virgo, your chest is spectacular!
      Last edited by garricks; 04-22-2012, 10:32 PM. Reason: to make it extra OOC.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• lol... You know where that's going, right?

blog/portfolio

Comment

• LOL. I made it awesomer.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• This was the card I made for her. Pirate-themed poem of course.

I only took one photo with my cell. Not the greatest shot, but it is what is is. Entirely hand-drawn/written.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• Virgo.... You really did a very nice job with everything. I love it all

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• +1000 = I am so impressed!

Comment

• Wow Virgo, awesome job!
                  "It's not that I don't want to trust people. It's that they give me reasons not to." ~ Me

Comment

• Thank you all!

blog/portfolio

Comment

• I don't know if this counts as crafty or not, but I finished a project today that I like quite a bit. I put together a three day emergency food supply for my mom to keep in her basement. I got the idea from another blog and wanted to see if it was easy to do. Not too bad, a little difficult to fit it all in there, though. Here's a shot of the finished product from a couple of angles.

When she opens it up, there's a list of what she should eat for each meal, so she knows how to make it all last three days. I researched nutrition and calorie count to try and provide the best food I could in such a circumstance. And nothing needs to be heated or cooked, and a can opener is not necessary. There's also extra candy, since she's diabetic.

And here's a link to the full blog post, if you're interested: http://bushcraftwife.blogspot.com/20...-food-kit.html
                      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• That's a cool idea Kitch

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• It is cool! Problem is, as soon as I saw the crackers crammed in there... I had an immediate craving for peanut butter. If that "emergency container" was within arm's reach, I would have eaten the lot!
                          Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• That's a great idea. But I have to agree with PanToshi, that container would have to be hidden well or it would be gone in a week.
                            "It's not that I don't want to trust people. It's that they give me reasons not to." ~ Me

Comment

• Virgo that letter is just gorgeous! (I know i'm so behind on posts sorry).

Kitch- cute idea and hey we really never know when we'll need it.
                              *thinks to self: still need to buy some bottled water for the house as the last time the water went out we had none at all...*

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

• I spent two weekends ago being afraid of a project I finished up. The stitching part was (for me) very simple, though not my fave kind of stitching but that's okay it looks pretty.
                                However putting this darn thing together was a trial and a half. I thought I might kill it at some point, but somehow me and my sore hands made it through. I have to say I'm pretty happy with it in the end and then promptly said goodbye to it as my friends wedding was this past Saturday.
                                (names are cloned out on the sides to protect my friends, and yes pics kinda suck)

I have a huge post on my blog about putting it all together and such, so if you actually care you can go and read it: epicstitching.blogspot.com
                                Last edited by Audentia; 05-22-2012, 11:24 PM.
                                I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X