Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    PanToshi
    Yep, like I said, freelancers who are hoping to work full-time for the company for which they are occasionally freelancing are unemployed designers who are freelancing until they find full-time work.
    Today, 02:40 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    The "freelancers" are basically there to be called in if a big project comes up and they need the extra hand, and these are designers hoping to get a full time spot at the company.
    Today, 01:51 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Friday!!!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Originally posted by Huey View Post
    the word 'weeney' or 'weenie' isn't used here at all. Weenie is a USA thing. If I named it HughSweeney I swear, not a soul in the whole of Ireland would spot it!
    Originally posted by Broacher View Post
    Now really, it can't be that small.

And I don't know about the rest of you folks, but there's just something about this explanation, especially from a guy who has the words 'junior member' under his name that makes me suspicious.

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
    lmao Ang ... you gotta watch out for those Oreo's ... they are tricky little characters

Especially when you are on a diet ... they are like the Ninja's of the Cookie world .. they will jump right in your mouth and you will have chewed and swallowed them before you even realize it...... and then you won't have any recollection as to how they got in your mouth in the first place
    Originally posted by morea
    I was wondering if the message might be misinterpreted as encouraging the hungry to rise up against their oppressors; to cast off the shackles of social propriety and to storm the food bank armed with plastic cutlery. But then, I have been taking an awful lot of sudafed this week.
    Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    I charge 12lbs of bacon per idea. How many would you like to buy?
    Originally posted by The Artist View Post
    She meowed? Wow that's a new one lol!

I had a friend Yodel at me once? He was in the tent with his girlfriend and I was in the tent with mine and we had a friendly competition and he Yodeled... He threw me a curve ball and it completely threw me off my game...

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
    Oh there were some that as I said .. I can't really put in print
    Originally posted by garricks View Post
    ...because it involves John Stamos, and Kittie screaming "Uncle Jessie! Uncle Jessie!"

Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
    He will regret the day he began his crime fighting career, when I, the first super-villan hits the streets. I've already started planning my take-over.

Please don't tell anyone though, I don't want to get fired from my job for being evil.
    Originally posted by nacolwhite
    I am satisfied with garrics........................
    Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
    Chainsaw ThunderdragonBlade Emporium of extrordinary design and visual creations

CTEOEDAVC for short
    Originally posted by Lithonate View Post
    ish.

Normally I wouldn't make fun of a 15 or whatever year old but he's Canadian and thanks to the metric system I think that makes him like 30 in real years.

Originally posted by doctorsax13 View Post
    I dunno, this isn't much worse than the way people normally think of business names.

"How about ... something with Solutions in it!"
    "I like solutions! Now ... how about a superlative!"
    "Good call -- now let's make it ... EFFICIENT."
    "Super Solutions Express?"
    "Naw man, make it more uhhh extreme."
    "Super Solutions Xpress!"
    "You got it dude. Let's slap that shiz on a 4'x10' and we're like effing rich already."
    Originally posted by Ben Kessler View Post
    When I was in elementary school, I figured out how to play the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song on the recorder. I thought it would make me the most popular boy in school. Instead, it intensified my isolation.
    Originally posted by seamas View Post
    The first one I remember well, it is called "Fried Green Tomatoes". Great movie. It starred Jessica Tandy, Walter Mathau, Kermit the Frog and Lemmy from Motorhead.

The second one is called "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls", screenplay by none other than Roger Ebert. It stars Dolly Reed, Cynthia Meyers, Captain Kangaroo, and William Shatner. The best part is where the mock turtle and Dracula go disco dancing on Gilligan's Island..

happy friday everybody! It's been a roller coaster week for sure, and the weekend's a welcome sight.

Great quotes this week - thanks Kool, and thanks to all you crazy people who make the QsOTW possible.

Have a lovely, everypeople.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I'm ready for this week to end … thanks for the great QOTW as always Kool.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Happy Friday ya'll.

Thanks for the quotes Kool

And I'm off out this weekend for a craptacular chinese dinner at a restaurant I hate! But I have to go because... I don't know why I have to go? I am just going? But it will be followed up with plenty of beer and laughs. So it's not all bad.

Have a good one folks.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Ah best part of the week

Thanks for the quotes Kool!

Hope you all have a super-sweet weekend!
          Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Thanks Kool!

It's blowing snow and freezing cold here. I'm ready to just be at home watching movies with Bladez. So ready.
            It's been a weird week, some parts of it felt really slow, others really fast. (like a good night with a partner)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm gonna try to make Canelloni with deer meat tomorrow night... should be interesting.
            I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!!

What a great collection Kool ... I love Friday's for just this reason

The classics always kill me

I have no plans this weekend ... just hoping we don't get another blizzard

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Happy Friday everyone. That seamas one is great. After looking at that thread I remember the first one the OP was talking about. Not sure what it was though.
                Funeral, a wake really, for one of my buddies tomorrow at the bar. Then probably an ill hangover Sunday. Now that football is dead to me maybe I'll just sleep all day.
                I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

I am going to spend this weekend doing scientific experiments with slide rulers and beakers and stuff, trying to figure out something that has been bothering me for quite some time now. Why is it that giants in movies (and what I can only conclude to also be real life) Always move like they are in slow motion.

Maybe its just a perspective thing, they are at normal speed to themselves, and we are really fast, like a bunch of scurrying fire ants. Lets say I'm tapping my foot, I tape once each quarter of a second, if I giant was tapping his foot, it would seem like 3 seconds between each tap. If they were also counting in seconds, would it be 3 seconds to them or a quarter of a second. Which would mean our feet tapping occurs at a quarter of a quarter of a second.

Anyways, have a great weekend. I know I will.
                  "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Lithonate View Post
                    Funeral, a wake really, for one of my buddies tomorrow at the bar. Then probably an ill hangover Sunday. Now that football is dead to me maybe I'll just sleep all day.
                    Sorry to hear about your friend Lithonate.

Whose your football team?
                    And come on there has to be someone else to cheer for right?
                    I mean I spent all season pretending my Cowboys just didn't exist and cheering for everyone that was playing against the Mannings.
                    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Originally posted by Audentia View Post
                      Sorry to hear about your friend Lithonate.
                      Thanks. I think this ones gonna be tough.

Originally posted by Audentia View Post
                      Whose your football team?
                      I'm a Chiefs fan so a first round out wasn't entirely unexpected. I guess I gotta go for the Patriots now because everybody seems to hate them and I like to be contrary.
                      I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Happy Friday everyone! Great collection there Kool Thanks again for the uplifting friday! Now my weekend can begin.

I'm ready for this work day to be over. Not because it's been crappy or anything. I just want it to be over so I can go home *LOL*

Gonna be a pretty chill weekend I think. We're having a couple of friends over tomorrow night for a bit of a game night, and that's really about all the excitement (well, besides me finally getting to pick up my paintball gun from the post office tonight!!)

Stay safe and warm everyone!

Lith, take care of yourself man.
                        Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                        | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                        | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

So many great quotes!

No big plans for the weekend. I am on duty, so I will be keeping a low profile. A good friend of mine at the FD is turning 30 this weekend. Big party at his place, so I am sure that everyone who isn't on duty, IE: Everyone but me it seems, will be partying it up! I'll make a cameo appearance an leave my number on the fridge incase anyone needs a ride home. May as well double as the DD since I have to behave!

I'd like to get the oil changed in my van and take the christmas lights down, but that will all depend on the weather and how motivated I get.... I can already tell neither is likely to happen!
                          "No one ever called the fire department for doing something smart"
                          - unknown

"There's never enough time to do it right; but there always seems to be enough time to do it twice!"
                          - Me (not really, but I say it a lot)

Comment

Happy weekend everyone!

Been SWAMPED this week, working at home just about every night as well. One of our better/bigger clients who usually send us 5 projects a year threw 4 extra projects at us at the end of the year, so I'm doing them ALL now. They're always a pain in the ass (not the client's fault, just how the files are built and where I have to pull old text from) and they're always time-sensitive. Hence my less-than-usual amount of activity here.

Tonight: finishing off a wooden treasure chest for a baby shower (hopefully I'll remember to take pics so I can post them, it's really cute) and probably doing more work from home. Tomorrow: going to the city with the hubby and my sisters & bros-in-law; much drinking is anticipated. Sunday: baby shower and more work from home. Ugh.

Thanks for the quotes Kool, sorry I wasn't able to suggest any this time.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I am satisfied with this Friday post.

For once I can't think of a single thing I need to do this weekend. Nice!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X