X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness Guru Jack LaLanne dies at 96

Jack LaLanne who inspired television viewers to lose weight and lift weights decades before exercise hit the mainstream died Sunday afternoon of respiratory failure caused by pneumonia at age 96 at his home in Morro Bay

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/01...e-96-dies.html

I can remember this guy being old when I was a kid. He had been on infomercials for the last decade at least hawking his juicer.

96 is nothing to sneeze at .. must have been doing something right

RIP Jack ♥

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

I remember his exercise show from when I was a kid...always very upbeat and full of energy.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I always thought he was on speed...

It's a big loss to the fitness world.
      Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
      | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
      | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Originally posted by garricks View Post
        I remember his exercise show from when I was a kid...always very upbeat and full of energy.
        Do you remember his dog on the show?

He was in such great shape for 96, no dementia, not feeble, doing his juicer infomercials. Hmmm, maybe there's something to this healthy living. Nah, must've been a fluke

Comment

He was in such great shape for 96, no dementia, not feeble, doing his juicer infomercials. Hmmm, maybe there's something to this healthy living. Nah, must've been a fluke -Pone

I was thinking along the same lines then I remembered George Burns (lifelong cigar smoker, lived to about 100), Al Hirschfeld (said his only exercise was lifting a pen, lived to 98 or 99), and Sid Ceasar (several decades of alcohol and pill abuse and was, last I knew, still kicking around and pretty sharp). That made my mind easier.
          People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
          -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Pone View Post
            Do you remember his dog on the show?

He was in such great shape for 96, no dementia, not feeble, doing his juicer infomercials. Hmmm, maybe there's something to this healthy living. Nah, must've been a fluke
            vaguely...a German Shepherd?
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I think it was a white german shepard, wasn't it?

His wife's name was Elaine, right?
              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X