X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summers End Friday!! 9/2

Happy Friday Everyone. To those in the US and Canada have a great Labor Day 3 day weekend
    Have a great weekend!!!

A special thanks to all who submitted these great QOTWs

Originally posted by Nobert View Post
    I just fear the day when the software gets sophisticated enough to say, "Wait a minute...you don't have a rotating blade on the end of your arm. Why are you giving the orders, pal?"

That would make my eggs turn ashen in my mouth. Not the best way to start the day.
    Originally posted by <b> View Post
    A critique on a proposed government logo might be interesting, but it's likely, more or less, an academic exercise.

If my own experience is any kind of guide, this county will form a logo committee to judge the logo. The committee will be formed of representatives from all the important (or most influential) offices within the county government. Not a single one of these people on the committee will be, in any way, shape or form, remotely qualified to judge a logo's merit, yet all will be jockeying to have their opinions heard.

The committee will debate endlessly over things like whether or not a symbol is needed to indicate the county's wildlife in addition to the yucca plant. What kind of wildlife should it be? A bird? A fish? What kind of bird? Will the bird/fish hybrid that they decide upon offend Native Americans (time to consult the local tribe and form a sub-committee). Someone from the county tourist office will say something about the logo also needing to include a symbol that shows that the county is a great tourist destination. And the business development office will want a symbol in the logo indicating that Union County is a great place to start a business and raise a family.

It will go on and on, spiraling out of control until a horrible compromise is reached (in which you will likely have little say). The logo you will be told to draw will be a conglomeration of all kinds of garbage tossed together in a lowest-common-denominator sort of way that makes everyone on the logo committee feel like their opinions were heard and acted upon.

In the end, however, they'll put off making a decision because they'll be waiting on a legal opinion from the County Attorney on the proper wording of the stupid tagline that the tagline subcommittee proposed.

And of course they'll need final approval from the County Commission whose next meeting will run overtime talking about sewer redistricting and range cattle collisions with semi-trucks. They'll never get around to looking at the logo, but if they do, the oldest, most senile codger on the commission (who's never heard of a logo, and can no longer hear anything, anyway) will pronounce that a damn Texan shouldn't be designing the logo when there are plenty of artistically talented elementary students in his end of the county who would love a chance to make their parents proud.

When it's finally over and done, whatever you show us now will bear little resemblance to the embarrassing monstrosity whose creation you'll never admit to being a party to.
    Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    Holy cow, that is so healthy I think my cholesterol just went down.
    Originally posted by Broacher View Post
    I was a self-proclaimed graphic designer once.

Heck, seeing as my proclamation of breast examination officer was going nowhere...

Oh, welcome aboard!

I'm broacher. I own this place. Actually I invented it. That is, this thing they call the internet.

(I'm not taking the fall for inventing Mr. Gore though)

Oh, I also invented bacon. (You'd think that there would be a parade for that, right?)
    Originally posted by Craig B View Post
    Welcome back Synth. I remember you much in the same way I remember to put my pants on in the morning. Which, is to say, "pretty well". Usually unless I'd been drinking or trying to put on someone else's pants. And heaven forbid that I'd slept funny on one side of my body and my left arm and leg were all numb and pins and needles. Because then at that moment I would have serious problems. At least, more than usual.

I hate when you're putting your pants on, and one of your feet gets kind of stuck in the leg as your pulling them up, and it causes you to stumble. Which makes you trip over the camel, hookers and mariachis sleeping on the floor

Um, sorry welcome back man.
    Originally posted by Craig B View Post
    I know you may find this hard to believe, but despite my following comment, I'm a professional. I've been working in-house for a fortune 500 company for 15+ years, and the first thing I saw in your "light bulb", was a simplified drawing of a man bending over and showing me his starfish.

I cannot "not" see it.
    Originally posted by mblally View Post
    I'll work with some various non butthole looking bulbs and get back to y'all with something. Thanks again for your input.
    Originally posted by Bladez View Post
    Well, Me and Eugenetyson had a baby, and named him The Artist. He's got eugenes eyes. So cute!

Kittie made things sparkle.

Virgo made things smell like avocados.

The Badger swung his banstick around.

Kool told him to quit being a pervert and put that thing away.

Lith made love to a goat.

Yoss laughed.

Craig put on a goat suit.

Typically got high.

Broacher made us all question the choices we've made.

Print Driver tried to explain why a google image can't be used for a billboard and made his client feel sexually inadequate because of it.

Audentia (my g/f with whom I live with in meat world) made an enemy with Cap'n Douchebag (aka grfk dzgn)

grfk dzgn got banned from the forum and the world rejoiced!

Buda ate.....and ate......and ate....

There was bacon, beer, boobies and much frustration with clients and customers.

That about sums it all up....
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    And any robot I catch eating my bacon will soon find itself deactivated.
    Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    DogTurdDay?
    Just check my front yard. Every day is dogturdday.

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    Nobody needs a toilet in their logo. Not even the suggestion of a lifting lid...
    Even toilet makers don't put toilets on their logo.
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    So you're going to keep doodling the traditional way?
    Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
    I will never conform to equipment enhanced doodling ... I much prefer doodling by hand.
    Originally posted by budafist View Post
    Do they have neck condoms for biters? Let's face the facts, people are going to do it, they might as well be safe.
    Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
    The clown should be happy. Clowns don't get banged very often, at least not consensually.

My apologies to the moral, law-abiding clowns out there.

Hahaha!!!!! OMG Bladez that quote killed me, I didn't see that in the original thread lmao! Too Funny.

Nice quotes as always Kool! Thanks

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! Woohoo Monday off!!!!!
    Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Awesome quotes, I love these Friday posts.
      Everyone have a wonderful weekend.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Great quotes Kool
        Happy long weekend everyone!
        sigpic
        The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity
        ~Rollo May

Comment

Even though it's Friday, the subject made me sad... I'm not ready for summer to be over!!!

Oh well, happy Friday all.
          SIZE DOES MATTER!

Comment

yay friday!
            Yay long weekend!
            YAy short work day!
            YAY belated birthday lunch!

have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy the last nice long weekend we're likely to have.

Today I get to take photos in a graveyard for one of Audi's friends, which should be fun. Tomorrow we're hopefully going for a hike in the mountains (first one of the season, and the season is pretty much over. How sad is that?!)
            Sunday is dinner at my moms and doing a bit of yard work at Audi's parents place while they're out of town
            And monday I'm likely paintballing, while Audi is at the Labour Day Classic football game.

Busy busy busy!
            Go go go!

I'm tired just thinking of it all!

Stay safe out there kids!
            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Friday Friday Friday!!

half day today....and long weekend too.

Half day spent picking up wife and son and heading to his Dr app't
              Then to Apple shop, then to car repair shop.

weekend plans? who knows. a party on Sunday...crap gotta make somehting for that.
              and maybe Renaissance Festival or Longwood Gardens. Monday? relax maybe
              Dribbble Page
              Behance Portfolio
              Linkedin Profile

Comment

Yay for Fridays! Double yay for Friday QOTWs! Triple yay for Friday QOTW on my birthday! Quadruple yay for Friday QOTW on my birthday to start a holiday weekend!!!

Yays all around!!

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

blog/portfolio

Comment

This should be Epic Quote Friday ... those are awesome Kool

I hope you all have a super holiday weekend (those of us who celebrate Labor Day)

It might be a bank Holiday in the UK too ... but I could be wrong

So have a safe and happy 3 day weekend to all who have them.

No major plans for the Kat ... so we shall see what the weekend brings

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

that is indeed an epic quote day. So many amazing ones in there.

I do love that the issues with grfk will now be a pinpoint in history for the said forum.

It's too busy of a weekend in my opinion. not sure what I was thinking, but what can you do.

Bladez it seems very odd to me that you're expecting "fun" at the graveyard tonight. This is one of those rare times we are going to a grave site that is not just for taking photos. My friend whose baby passed away asked us to be the "caretakers" of the gravesite. So we are going to see it tonight for the first time, to freshin it up, take some flowers and maybe a tonka toy to leave there. And of course make sure we have some awesome pics to send to her. It's certainly bittersweet for me.

Anyhow, I hope everyone has a great weekend. It's a three-day one up here, which I'm in desperate need of so that is a bonus.
                    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Only fun because I always find taking pictures to be fun. Even of sombre events. The reasons behind why we're taking these photos isn't so pleasant, but actually taking them, and setting the scene to be something nice for them should be.
                      Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                      | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                      | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Audi and Bladez, you'd be surprised how much of a business there is in gravesite care. I talk to the guys that do them where my parents are buried (I go there real early in the morning as soon as it's daylight so as not to take a good chunk out of my day, and these guys are right along with me). I was thinking of it as a retirement gig myself.
                        Nice of you to do it for a friend. Makes it special. And graveyards are great places to take the most unexpected photos.

I don't have any plans. No more than I ever do.

Comment

Have a great weekend everyone! Be safe and enjoy!!
                          Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Wahhooo for Friday! My long weekend is packed with strippers galore!!

Ohhh... I guess I should 'splain, LOL ----> bachelorette party (and Mr. Ang's bachelor party) this weekend, then partay-ing it up afterwards with the gang! Should be a looooong day on Saturday, but we have Sunday AND Monday to recover!

Saturday morning/afternoon we are doing the 'age appropriate' thing with the respective sides of the bridal party. Boys are doing grilling/lawn games, girls are doing a paint-your-own-pottery thing. I have younger family members in the bridal party so we had to think of things that they could do with us and still feel like they participated

Hooray!
                            Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                            - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

woot woot it's friday!!!!!!

finally getting a team massacre session in tonight, we haven't gotten together all summer! tomorrow is a surprise bday party for my buddy. sunday is a bbq at my other buddies. have a great weekend everyone!!!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X