Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• jessica21
    Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    Hello All,

Background:
    I am making a logo for my boyfriend's tea company, Starlight Tea. It sells high quality loose leaf tea, will have a website, and be in a local cafe (it's more...
    Today, 05:52 AM
  • Buda
    How to cut down on meetings?
    Buda
    I have a client who I am going to design a book for. I met with her about 4-5 months ago to discuss. She emails me each month to tell me she hasn't advanced any further on the project. She's been overseas...
    Today, 05:25 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    skribe
    It sounds to me like you are hitting a retina issue. When I look at your site the graphics look fine to me on my 25" monitor. I just googled "SquareSpace Retina Support" and quickly...
    Today, 05:24 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to First job out of college, totally overwhelmed and need advice
    Buda
    I have to add, please ask questions if you are unsure. Even confirmation is good so that you know you are on track.

I have a junior designer that never asks questions. He just battles through...
    Today, 04:38 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    Buda
    I agree with b, make the images the size you require, then save for web choosing a fairly high setting if that is important to you.
    Today, 04:34 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prettymuch phoned in Friday Post!

Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by Broacher View Post
    There, there. Here, take two picas, a glass of water, and relax.

Originally posted by TheBluePanda View Post
    That is quite an old fetus. You should really look into upgrading it to toddler status.
    Originally posted by Typically View Post
    the snooki cake is amazing, but i wouldn't eat it
    Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    For years I was putting oil paintings into a local juried art show, sometimes getting in, sometimes not. There was quite an uproar the year a little 3" x 4" thing done in Photoshop won the first prize (the three top prizes got their own show together in the fall.) It was an abstract Photoshop whiz bang, not even anything truly awe inspiring.

The next year I entered a big orange-yellow square and called it "Close up of a School Bus at One DPI"
    Needless to say, I was juried out, but some of them got the point.

Haven't been back to that Arts Council since.
    Originally posted by Audentia View Post
    I already know that mine are just mind blowing. I mean who can't love that they are barely noticeable they are so small, that you go to grab a handful and get ribs and that when I lay done you get to go on a treasure hunt for them cause they've disappeared.
    Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
    Happy birthday Lith!

Dun-dun..... dun-dun..... dun-dun, dun-dun, dun-dun, dun-dun....

Just when you thought it was safe to eat a cupcake...
    Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    I dunno, the Yo Gabba Gabba that Jack Black guest starred in is pre-tty good. "Hey Jack, just stand behind this so kids don't see your shwanze through your spandex jumpsuit..."

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
    I love board games ... but no one will play them with me since the great Monopoly incident of '88

Originally posted by firefighter26 View Post
    This is how rumours start!

Besides, I don't think Mrs. 26 has an account here yet, so any reasonable doubts regarding my, ummm, stamina.... will be considered null and void as there are no measurable third party ways to verify or deny any suck claims... ummm, I mean, such claims; therefore, and henceforth the before mentioned testicalmony.... I mean, testimony, should be stricken from the record and regarded as false and erroneous.

<I'll go back to my corner now>
    Originally posted by Ben Kessler View Post
    You know you've had a bad date when you try to kiss your ceiling, but it kind of turns away and then you end up leaning forward for a second with your lips puckered out. Then your ceiling gives you the old "you're real nice but I'm not sure I'm ready for this right now."

And the worst part is, you have to see it every day when you're at home. You just have to awkwardly pretend it doesn't bother you, like, "Oh hey ceiling, what's up. How's it going? Good? That's good. Well...okay. See you around." That's why people say you shouldn't date a co-worker or a neighbor. The same principle applies to parts of your house or apartment.
    Originally posted by Yossarian
    This raises a lot of questions for me.

What about the poor, poor sporks? Did they not survive the plastic cutlery revolution? And what does that say about the survivors? Will I still enjoy my macaroni salad as much....? Knowing that my fork might be a racist? And what if I discover that I do?...still enjoy my picnic lunch just as much, that is. I'm not even sure I'd notice if all the sporks were gone.

What does that say about me?

I mean really. I can't remember the last time I sat down and ate with a spork. I can't even trot out that tired old cliché "Some of my best friends are sporks." Now that I think about it, I've questioned their lineage and even made the occasional joke about their stereotypical ineffectuality. I could try to defend them as light-hearted jests, but I really should know better.

My God... I'm a monster.

nice phone job Kool!

nice cooler weather this weekend.
    Heading to Longwood Gardens and watching Australian's Strange Fruit on Saturday -- we really need a getaway break this week.

Sunday is the game and the Ball Party.

And somewhere in there I have some take home Work to do.
    Dribbble Page
    Behance Portfolio
    Linkedin Profile

Comment

yay friday!! Thanks for the Quotes Kool! A phoned in friday is a good friday!

And we have no major plans this weekend either! I may be helping a buddy move, Audi has to go to a work related function for a few hours on saturday, but I think that's about it. There aren't even paintball plans yet! Between people being sick, broke, having to work or just needing a weekend to heal, I don't think we're hitting the field this weekend. It'll be the first sunday in the last 5 or 6 that I'm actually staying home.

have a great weekend ever'body!
      Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
      | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
      | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Lol Love the quotes Koolios!
        Especially the one from FF

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Gonna spend it in my friends hot-tub, drinking and playing video games can't wait.
        Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

I miss Firefighter. Hope he turns up again soon.

Happy Friday all! I'm spending the morning looking for images of STRESS.

I might just send them a self-portrait.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

i've got your stress if you need another shot.
            been a very stressful past month.
            Dribbble Page
            Behance Portfolio
            Linkedin Profile

Comment

Great quotes, I love the Friday posts. I've got a renaissance faire/pirate fest wedding to attend tomorrow and a family gathering Sunday to visit the nephew. Tonight I hope to mow the lawn for the last time this year. And edge it. And generally make my neighbors look trashier than they do on their own. I'm nice like that.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Happy weekend everybody! Still moving a little slow from the birthday festivities so I think this weekend calls for straight chillin' and maybe a Sons of Anarchy marathon.
                I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Woot! Phoned in is better than not in at all! Thank you for all your effort Kool.

Fairly average weekend ahead of me, aside from tonight. We'll be going out for dinner and drinks with several friends, one of which is my husband's former boss (and old friend of mine from before they even met). It's kinda a good-bye sort of thing, as he's not likely to be around much longer (pancreatic cancer, tumor inoperable due to being wrapped around a blood vessel). Never attended anything quite like this, should be a fun/interesting/sad night all wrapped up into one.

blog/portfolio

Comment

My husband is so addicted to SoA. He watched the first two seasons streaming on Netflix in three days, then bought season three. Now he keeps calling me his old lady.
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I too miss FF Garricks.

Thanks Kool!!! I missed those cupcakes, they are wicked awesome.

I am finally at home for a day off after working the last 11 in a row (including some 12 hour days in there and one 2am seen at the office). And yet I'm at my computer still doing a little bit of work stuff before I can really shut down for the day.
                      And as Bladez said, event tomorrow, but the event while work, will probably be fun. So it's all good. It's a big promo event.
                      Mostly I can't wait to sleep this weekend and just do nothing.
                      I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Happy Friday everyone!!
                        Great job with the quotes via phone Kool and great quotes

It's a really chilly Friday here. Pretty much need a light jacket. I love the cooler weather coming in!
                        Anyone else enjoying it?
                        Romans 14:11

Comment

the gf and i just started watching SoA last night and we're hooked after 2 episodes. i've heard from multiple people that i look like Opie and now i know why, i do!

thanks for the quotes Kool always makes friday feel proper

no plans for tonight, bbq tomorrow, and no plans sunday. i have some yard work i could do but other than that it should be a mellow one. have a great weekend everyone!!

i'm loving the weather greeneye, finally got rid of the mosquitoes!!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Yes! AND the Beeeeees!
                            Romans 14:11

Comment

Originally posted by Typically View Post
                              the gf and i just started watching SoA last night and we're hooked after 2 episodes.
                              I've only seen disk 1 of season 1, three episodes and got hooked. Now I'll be damned if I can get my hands on disk two. Might have to look into this netflix fad.
                              I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X