Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Reply to Logo Critique, Please
    B
    I'm liking the bottom version. Without first reading through any of the posts, it took a second, but I read it as IC9design. Thinking that wasn't likely what was intended, I was surprised to find that...
    Today, 07:21 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Logo Critique, Please
    seamas
    The bottom one is closest of the bunch in terms of being able to read a d or a 9. But it is also looking like an o at a glance.

Beyond that, trying to glean the ORDER of the 9 or d is just...
    Today, 07:04 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    KitchWitch
    Hi Thebombman53 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
    Today, 06:38 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Apartment Logo Feedback
    PrintDriver
    Signage is never a single driving factor, though it should be considered as being just as important as mobile or print applications. What an odd mindset to have when it comes to branding. Once a logo...
    Today, 06:33 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Personal Logo Concepts
    KitchWitch
    You can use the IMG link to link something on a photo hosting website, that always works for me. Just copy the IMG link into the body of the comment or post, not in the link feature.
    Today, 06:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sky is falling

Get out your parasols and tinfoil helmets.
    http://www.space.com/12893-dead-nasa...pace-junk.html

They expect any number of 300lb pieces to hit the ground.
    Someday.
    Somewhere.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 09-22-2011, 03:03 PM.

somewhere between northern Canada and southern South America.
    How precise.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Yeah, well, sometime between the end of September and early October is precise too....

I saw one come in once. It was a huge fireball and it looked like it was coming right at me. Stopped the truck on the side of the road and just watched. Wishing I had a camera. It actually landed somewhere in Illinois. But it sure was an impressive thing to see. As I was driving on, some guy called it in on the radio and they were making jokes that perhaps he needed to adjust his tin helmet and wondering if the Star Trek convention was in town.

Comment

So I'm off work next week for a nice, relaxing few days and I've got the beginnings of a cold AND space debris is going to land on me? TYPICAL. Thanks, NASA.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I've been hearing about this...kinda scary that they can't pinpoint the area at least a little more...I saw some space junk come down once also (in south florida). Not sure where it landed, but it was an amazing fireball
          “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

My 14 yo niece told me about this yesterday. She is more informed than I am

So this means I can't be without my camera from now until the end of October ... just in case

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Well, from now until it falls down. Unless you want to carry the camera around to the end of October.....

Comment

If I've learned anything from HBO if I get hit with space debris or otherwise weird things from the sky then I get to become a reaper.
                Here I come space junk, pick me! pick me!
                I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Does this make anyone else think of Meteor Man?
                  Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                  | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                  | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

I 'think' the story on NPR put the odds of it hitting a human at one in 30,000. The odds of hitting any specific person (as in, you) put it well into the one in the trillions. They interviewed a woman (from Missouri, I think) who is the only person EVER to be hit by a piece of space junk. A piece of mesh brushed her shoulder when she was walking home one night.

Your odds of getting killed by a meteor? About once every thousand years or so? I think I once read it was one in ten trillion.

The last official episode was in 1954. Mrs. E. Hulitt Hodges, Alabama. Napping on her sofa when a large chunk of a meteor crashed through the roof, bounced off a large radio, and smacked her on the leg, leaving a very large and severe bruise. She survived.

Her sofa didn't.

Comment

The article says that if you find any debris you should leave it alone and contact authorites. Still NASA property, can't sell it, blah blah blah — fair enough. I read a different article about this that mentioned, along with those reasons, that you shouldn't touch it because it might have sharp edges. Thanks for the vote of confidence there, NASA.

Comment

I say finders keepers. NASA threw it out, it's up for grabs.
                        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I wouldn't touch one just in case this happened

Comment

I miss Creepshow

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Kind of along the same lines...

http://news.discovery.com/space/drou...is-110804.html
                              I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X