X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Friday of Fall!!

All you, Eaten by badgers, Pirate talking, Confused, Lost your posts, $5 logo wanting, Asking about some Nagy guy, Constructive criticism hating, Fantasy footballing, Wishing you could get hit by a satellite, Missing members, Graphic Designers!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
    I'm a recent grad. I'm not worried about bleeds because I keep a box of band-aids in my desk drawer. And wasn't the Russian RGB disbanded in the early 90's?!?
    Originally posted by Broacher View Post
    >>So, prepress dudes & dudettes, is there any real reason for this to be done this way or can I resume pulling my hair out?<<

Maybe some bald designers are just very jealous of full-follicled prepress crews.

Eventually, they will win.
    Originally posted by Craig B View Post
    I need more than my images rendered if you know what I mean
    Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    You mean to say that deleting the .gif file extension in the name of the document and changing it to a .ai or .eps file extension doesn't make the magical file format gnomes change it to a vector format?

MAN; All these years...
    Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
    Everything tastes better with a pinch of innuendo
    Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    It didn't get in the guac did it? No one wants guac with inneundo in it... well may the $5 blogo guy...
    Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    So I'm off work next week for a nice, relaxing few days and I've got the beginnings of a cold AND space debris is going to land on me? TYPICAL. Thanks, NASA.
    Originally posted by Typically View Post
    if i see that j-lo fiat commercial again i will punch every fiat i see for the rest of my life.
    Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    Gradients are never nice.
    Originally posted by The Artist View Post
    HEY WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!

I did this and everyone was all

"OUUUU TA's is a freaking n00b!"
    "What a tool! You can't do that"
    "He disrupted the space time continuem! Let's mess with his avatar and make it slowly fade away!"

Ya... I remember that you jerks lol

Not cool

Originally posted by Prince Of Pixels
    I am wondering who all on this forum are moderators. cause i always go along thinking that someone that posts is a normal member like us, then i find out they are a moderator! it makes me kind of mad. Can someone give me a list of the current moderators?
    Originally posted by rickself
    I contest the notion that I may be a "normal member".
    Originally posted by PrintDriver
    I don't know 'bout you guys but my member ain't normal.
    Think I should get it checked?
    Originally posted by jimintn
    scary thought: if the mods on here are abnormal, then I'm normal
    Originally posted by D-Zine
    pancake the moderators!!!

Oh wait! I'm a moderator!

Happy Friday all, great quotes Kool!

I'm trying to finish up a few things so I can get out of here and stop spreading my stupid germs around the office (work in health care and see how fast they shove you out the door when you have the sniffles). I was going to go to closing weekend of Pirate Fest, get the animals to the vet and do some shopping this weekend, but I think now I'll just go get some high-alcohol content cough syrup, go home and self-medicate. And wait for the space debris. NASA may not want it back if I get cooties on it.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Wow. Fresh and steamy indeed.

I'm taking a long weekend (I'm already off!) and catching up on 'things you should be doing that don't cost a lot of money because you lost all that money by being on strike for nearly three weeks'. Fun? You bet.

Maybe I'll start with my new car radio. The old one died and I wired in a nicer one I bought from my friend. Only, something's not quite right. It seems to work okay but whenever I turn on the car in the morning I get this scrolling bit of inspiration on the front display:
      'AM I FAILURE'

Downloaded the owner manual this morning and discovered 'FAILURE' is a system code for faulty speaker wiring. 'AM I' is actually AM radio mode, preset 1.

So much for my Monday morning motivation.

Have a great weekend guhdiffers.

Comment

whenever I turn on the car in the morning I get this scrolling bit of inspiration on the front display:
        'AM I FAILURE'

Downloaded the owner manual this morning and discovered 'FAILURE' is a system code for faulty speaker wiring. 'AM I' is actually AM radio mode, preset 1.
        This has me absolutely dying over here!

Anyway - Have a great weekend everybody!
        I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

This week can not end quick enough. Great QOTW as always Kool! Ugh, now back to crappy jobs that get changed more often than newborn sextuplets with explosive diarrhea and vomiting.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Happy Friday everyone! Thanks for the quotage Kool. The workday may officially begin now.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Craig B View Post
              back to crappy jobs that get changed more often than newborn sextuplets with explosive diarrhea and vomiting.
              Sounds like my day. Plus a lot of "I'll see something by the end of the day, right?"

Yeah, I'll be mostly offline today.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Maybe I'll start with my new car radio. The old one died and I wired in a nicer one I bought from my friend. Only, something's not quite right. It seems to work okay but whenever I turn on the car in the morning I get this scrolling bit of inspiration on the front display:
                'AM I FAILURE'

This should be made into an internet meme and displayed everywhere for all to see.

Lol happy weekend urrbody! Going downtown to take pictures tonight and spending most of the day tomorrow with the girl

Gears of War 3 and booze the rest of the weekend
                Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

would be nice to see that Message "Am I Failure" ? yes you are car.

John Prine and Loudon Wainwright outdoor concert tonight (raining too...though was rescheduled as the first was during the hurricane).

Sat/Sun work/freelance (volunteer design stuff) and Football watching.

thanks for quotes again Kool one.
                  Dribbble Page
                  Behance Portfolio
                  Linkedin Profile

Comment

Happy friday everyone! Thanks for the great quotes Kool!

My day has been fantastic so far....I was an hour late for work. First words uttered to me when I get in were "Don't kill me but..." Found out we're 2000 issues short of our last magazine at the mail house, because I was given the wrong numbers when sending my stuff off to the printers. Now I'm going back and forth with our printer trying to find out how soon they can run another 2100 copies, and how fast they can get them to the distribution house. Worst of all, this issue is already running late. It's our biggest issue of the year, roughly twice the size of our standard issues so it takes a bit longer to get done, and costs more to ship because of the increase in weight and # of boxes it takes to send it out, plus it's a gatefold cover, so there's an extra step of folding before binding can begin....Awesome!

Me and the other designer are going to go drinking at lunch!

In other news, tomorrow I'm helping a friend move. Afterwards, I might head down to baconfest with him. Yes...that's right, BACONFEST! Sadly, Audi is out of town for the whole day, so she has to miss it.....

Then, sunday is, of course, Paintball!

Have a great weekend everyone!! Hopefully this clustermug I walked in to today doesn't keep me away from here too much!
                    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                    | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                    | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

awesome quotage Kool .. have a great weekend y'all

Comment

TGIF everyone!
                        "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
                        Aesop

Comment

quotessssssssss! thanks Kool it's been a long busy week and haven't got to peruse as much as i would have liked this week. i put in 6 hours of freelance last sunday so it already feels like satuday, i can't wait to sleep in and be away from a computer!

its supposed to be a rainy weekend so i'll probably doing some fish tank maintenance, playing xbox, and drinking some booze. my buddies are having a combined bday party saturday at one of the bars we used to hang out at, used to. got the boot and haven't been back in close to 6 years. i doubt it'll be a problem but gotta remember to leave the markers at home

have a great weekend everyone!!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to put up some great quotes from this week Kool.
                            I see two that are absolutely outstanding... but that's enough talking about me... just kidding all of them are outstanding!
                            Design is not decoration.

Comment

Ahhhh...the Friday thread...it feels good. Fun quotes, and educational. I'll be sure to switch to the other side of the street if I see a gradient walking towards me.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X