Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to A Generic Brand Video
    PrintDriver
    I love the harsh commentary on the lastest trendy but tiresome visuals/soundbites.
    Made me laugh just hearing it read aloud on the radio.
    The video makes it awesome!
    Today, 11:19 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to GotP'rint and crop marks
    PrintDriver
    The area marked to avoid putting vital info to close to the edge is called a Safety.

If sending a PDF to any print company, check that you don't have to first load their specific Job Options...
    Today, 11:17 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Do I have to upgrade my Macbook to run Photoshop ?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, if you don't have the hard drive space, Photoshop, and to a lesser extent Illustrator, will take forever to do manipulations because they have to seek for a large enough scratch block to...
    Today, 11:05 AM
  • Obar
    Reply to Do I have to upgrade my Macbook to run Photoshop ?
    Obar
    * * * * * IMPORTANT

I forgot to say that my main concern is that I used to get a loooot this message when I was using this programs.:

"Could not complete command because...
    Today, 09:48 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Friend as a client - problem
    Kayekaye
    It's one thing to be told you need a contract and you have probably heard that a thousand times for years. It's another thing to experience WHY you need a contract. Now you will never make that mistake...
    Today, 05:30 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Thread

Hey Ladies and Gents,

So I currently have a Google Nexus S, a true beauty of a phone and I'm thinking of rooting it later tonight. I consider myself somewhat tech savvy, despite my noobish qualities .

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of doing this or not? I know there's a step by step guide on the "Rooting Companies Website" for example but I know there are different kinds of rooting as well. I'm a big fan of customization and thought I pick your brains if you know anythang.

I will keep you posted on my adventures unless none of you care in which case I'll crawl back into my hole and come out for the QOTW thread.
    Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

what is this rooting you speak of? The only kind of rooting I know involves a cutting and a glass of water. Sorry, I'm no help.
    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

I got a Crackberry ... can't help ya sweetie pie.... and I know not what this rooting is you speak of...

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

me neither.
        I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Me thinks that TA created "rooting" in his mind via a dream last night, and thus tried to sound less noobish by talking about some fancy rooting on the forum this morning. Only to realize that 'rooting' is in fact just looking through the garbage to find edible food or plastic to recycle for income.
          Alas, we cannot help with such a job TA as the intertoobs don't (yet) support touchable interactivity.
          I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Sounds like rooting is the Android equivalent of jailbreaking an iPhone. I know nothing further of either, though.
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

.. and from what I am reading if you "Root" the phone you void your warranty. I'm not so sure that's something I would want - it's no longer illegal down here but I don't know abooot your laws up there

Comment

Lol I don't think it's illegal in the states but yes it does void your warranty. It's basically the same as jailbreaking your iphone but for Android as the BadgerMan said.

Lol I guess there are no takers then

Comment

At the risk of being called a noob, why would you want to 'root' your phone?

Ok go a head, call me a noob...

Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                  - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

It allows for more 3 party applications and can give more power to the phone...... from what I have read.

Comment

I don't even have an Android phone to root. Yet. But I did order one early this morning. My very first smartphone. It wasn't supposed to ship until Thursday, but FedEx says it arrives tomorrow. *excited giddy sounds*

For the record, I don't plan on rooting it.
                      Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 09-27-2011, 02:18 AM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Lol damnit Virgo! Get on that!

It just adds more customization to the phone. More power, it's a lot faster, etc.

I love my android but I've always wondered so I said, what the hell

Comment

I have tried, but failed to figure a way to get rid of my cellphone completely. My wife insists it's our best bet for parental emergencies, even though I've argued that if our kids haven't figured out other emergency alternatives by now, what's the point?

I resent being forced to adopt any technology motivated mostly by fear. I mean, what do we really need?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VbI5zcB8Ac

Comment

Have you picked a specific ROM yet? If you're not sure where to stat, I'd check out XDA developers forums for the nexus s. They have a list of ROMs, rooting guides and a list of updated kernals.
                            "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Ah thank you Obs, someone who speaks the language. I thought Eugene would know too (may he return soon).

I'm torn between Cyanogenmod and MIUI.

I rooted the phone last night and was surprised at the ease of it. Now with the ROM Manager app I can basically pick a ROM and add it OTA which is pretty cool. I think the file are around 80M so it won't kill my download limit.

I'll probably pick one tonight... I'm leaning towards Cyanogen.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X